Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I adjust my status if I have DACA? I was paroled in 2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I adjust my status if I have DACA? I was paroled in 2014.

Hello you guy! I have a question for you all...
    Can I adjust my status if I have a US citizen spouse? I was paroled in 2014 when I went to Mexico. I married my wife 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if there is any chance for me to adjust my status. Has anybody from this forum had been through this situation already? I am 29 years old and I have my DACA until next year (October.) I do not wish to go to Mexico to do this process. Can I do this inside the USA?

Yes, you can do Adjustment of Status because you were paroled.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes, you can do Adjustment of Status because you were paroled.
      I hope so thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Josehernandez View Post
        Can I adjust my status if I have a US citizen spouse? I was paroled in 2014 when I went to Mexico. I married my wife 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if there is any chance for me to adjust my status. Has anybody from this forum had been through this situation already? I am 29 years old and I have my DACA until next year (October.) I do not wish to go to Mexico to do this process. Can I do this inside the USA?
        Yes you can and you should.

Comment

Yes you can. I am a dreamer with permanent residency now. I just went through the process. If you have any questions or need any pointers let me know. Congrats on the nuptials and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Standing View Post
            Yes you can. I am a dreamer with permanent residency now. I just went through the process. If you have any questions or need any pointers let me know. Congrats on the nuptials and good luck
            Hey I'm glad to hear this! Hey if you don't mind I would like to get details of how your process went and how long did it take you to adjust status? How did you adjust your status? I'm nervous! When do you think I can start the process?

Comment

When do you think I can start the process?
              You can start any time. The sooner the better.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hey! My husband and I have the same situation. I am a citizen and he has DACA. I am
                Also 29 years old 😂 And his DACA expires next year in October! We have been told we do not have to go to Mexico. I think we will just got to the ATL office. I get lost in these threads. You can message me if there is a way? Not sure. Or Courtney h serrano at gmail no spaces in the name. I don't know if it will post that or block it!

Comment

If you did not already have Advance Parole before 09/05 and used it then there is no way you can adjust status anymore now. They closed all applications for AP on the day of it being rescinded and even sent back the ones that were in process.

Comment

Originally posted by flygirl View Post
                    Hey! My husband and I have the same situation. I am a citizen and he has DACA. I am
                    Also 29 years old 😂 And his DACA expires next year in October! We have been told we do not have to go to Mexico. I think we will just got to the ATL office. I get lost in these threads. You can message me if there is a way? Not sure. Or Courtney h serrano at gmail no spaces in the name. I don't know if it will post that or block it!
                    Hey nice to know that we have a similar case. Did you and your husband already started the process to adjust status? Keep me updated please!

Comment

Hey nice to know that we have a similar case. Did you and your husband already started the process to adjust status? Keep me updated please!
                      Yes. Our case was received on January 5, 2017! I did everything myself. We didn't use a lawyer.

Comment

Hey Courtney I'm so exited that your husband and me have a similar case. Did you and him already started the adjustment of status process? If so, can you please let me know how is everything going. I haven't started yet. I got an appointment with my lawyer tomorrow, but I can't wait to find out if I can adjust status. I stay in NC. I hope I will be able to get my green card since I came here legally when I got paroled 3 years ago...

Comment

Yes. Our case was received on January 5, 2017! I did everything myself. We didn't use a lawyer.
                          What part of the process is your husband at?

Comment

I also am a DACA recipient since 2013. I am on my 2nd card which is expiring in January. I met my husband in 2013 while we attended the same school. We got married April of this year and we filed everything ourselves with the priority date being 6/5. I did my biometrics 6/28 and submitted a service request 9/2. Nothing yet. No new EAD or interview.
                            Forms sent 6/2
                            Forms received 6/4
                            Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                            PD 6/5 & 6/6
                            NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                            Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                            SR 9/2
                            Contacted Congressman 10/1
                            Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                            Interview letter 10/10
                            Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                            Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                            Interview 11/8 RFE after
                            New Card Being Produced 11/16
                            Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Yes, you can adjust status. I have DACA was paroled in 2015. We sent ours in beginning of August waiting on EAD now. Being paroled works in your favor.
                              Definitely apply for adjustment sooner rather than later.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X