Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I adjust my status if I have DACA? I was paroled in 2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josehernandez View Post
    Hey I'm glad to hear this! Hey if you don't mind I would like to get details of how your process went and how long did it take you to adjust status? How did you adjust your status? I'm nervous! When do you think I can start the process?
    I tried to add you as a friend to correspond with you directly but I'm unsure how this all work.
    First of all, try to start your process as soon as possible as you never know what other changes will be implemented.
    My AOS was long and done cautiously via an immigration lawyer. I got married in 2015, instead of adjusting right away my lawyer did a FOIA request to obtain my entire history in America, it focused on anything to do with immigration and any criminal past i might have had (process took around 6-7 months). He wanted all the information that USCIS would obtain with their investigation. The only thing that came up was my DACA record and no criminal past. I was refunded the the fee as his organization was the one that submitted my DACA application. Due to the fact that I was paroled back in the US under the wrong status, we did a PIP (parole in place) as my husband is a citizen that served in the army and was honorably discharged. (process took 3-4 months to be approved). Right after we submitted I485 and I30 (AOS) in October 2015; process took approximately 9 months. I did the normal biometrics, received another work permit which was good for 1 year then I did the interview (my experience and the questions we were asked are posted on this site). After the interview, IO took almost 1 month to make a decision on my case. I received my 10 year green card as my hubby and I were married for over 2 years when the decision was made. I am happy and relieved that I followed all the necessary steps my lawyer suggested in order to avoid any and all complications. This process was very stressful mentally and emotionally, I was blessed to have a supportive spouse, while he didn't understand much of the process and we use to get into little arguments, he was ALWAYS there throughout it all. I hope this was helpful. This forum was a blessing to me while I was going through my process and I hope I am able to help at least one individual in their time of need.
    If you have any other questions or concerns you can reach out to me. GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

Originally posted by Standing View Post
      I tried to add you as a friend to correspond with you directly but I'm unsure how this all work.
      First of all, try to start your process as soon as possible as you never know what other changes will be implemented.
      My AOS was long and done cautiously via an immigration lawyer. I got married in 2015, instead of adjusting right away my lawyer did a FOIA request to obtain my entire history in America, it focused on anything to do with immigration and any criminal past i might have had (process took around 6-7 months). He wanted all the information that USCIS would obtain with their investigation. The only thing that came up was my DACA record and no criminal past. I was refunded the the fee as his organization was the one that submitted my DACA application. Due to the fact that I was paroled back in the US under the wrong status, we did a PIP (parole in place) as my husband is a citizen that served in the army and was honorably discharged. (process took 3-4 months to be approved). Right after we submitted I485 and I30 (AOS) in October 2015; process took approximately 9 months. I did the normal biometrics, received another work permit which was good for 1 year then I did the interview (my experience and the questions we were asked are posted on this site). After the interview, IO took almost 1 month to make a decision on my case. I received my 10 year green card as my hubby and I were married for over 2 years when the decision was made. I am happy and relieved that I followed all the necessary steps my lawyer suggested in order to avoid any and all complications. This process was very stressful mentally and emotionally, I was blessed to have a supportive spouse, while he didn't understand much of the process and we use to get into little arguments, he was ALWAYS there throughout it all. I hope this was helpful. This forum was a blessing to me while I was going through my process and I hope I am able to help at least one individual in their time of need.
      If you have any other questions or concerns you can reach out to me. GOOD LUCK!!
      As you might already figured out my adjustment was through marriage to my US spouse. Make sure you have as much evidence as you can, the more the better. Focus on evidence that is hard to dispute: shared medical insurance, joint bank accounts, rent lease, car ownership with both names, life and car insurance, 401K, utility bills, pictures, etc...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X