Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife doesn't have any tax return for the AoS (although we have a joint sponsor).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife doesn't have any tax return for the AoS (although we have a joint sponsor).

Hello everyone.

I'm wondering how big of an issue could it become to not have any tax returns for the first sponsor (my wife) for the AoS?
    We already have a joint sponsor that can meet the requirements and that has provided us the necessary documents.

However, for my wife, the first sponsor, we don't have much. We are a young couple and both of us are currently in college. My wife got her first job some months ago, so she doesn't have any tax returns at all.
    I've read that if the sponsor wasn't required to file tax returns a written explanation can be attached to the I-864. We are also paying a lawyer to help us with the process, so I'm not too worried about not doing the process properly.

What worries me is that the USCIS officer in charge of our case might deem the situation not "traditional" enough, if that makes sense.
    Do you think we might encounter any problems based on this, or everything should be fine as long as we stick to the proper guidelines?

Thank you so much.

If she wasn't required to file and didn't file, that's perfectly fine.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

She should write a detailed letter to explain why she didn't file her tax returns, attached to her I-864 package, you should be fine

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X