Question About October 2017 USCIS Adjustment of Status Bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About October 2017 USCIS Adjustment of Status Bulletin

Please, I have filed I-130 for my wife who resides in the USA with me. She would like to adjust her status. I am a permanent resident and upon check the USCIS site (https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo) for the month of October 2017 Adjustment of Status Bulletin, the USCIS stated that "For Family-Sponsored Filings: You must use the Dates for Filing chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for October 2017" . Our priority date is July 27, 2016.

Does it mean, although maybe her green card is not available yet, can we submit her adjustment of status documents I-485 to the USCIS for this month of October 2017 so she can get some benefit like work authorization whiles we wait for her green card to be available. Or we should not submit the adjustment of document yet/have to wait. Please, you can advice me on this. I am planning on submitting her I-485, EAD and other documents next week Monday so please you can advice me on this. Thanks
    Last edited by EricPope20; 10-03-2017, 09:58 PM.

If her priority date (date when the I-130 was filed) is before November 1, 2016, and she is currently in status and has never been out of status, yes, she can file I-485 this month (October 2017).
    Last edited by newacct; 10-03-2017, 09:47 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      If her priority date (date when the I-130 was filed) is before November 1, 2016, and she is currently in status and has never been out of status, yes, she can file I-485 this month (October 2017).
      Thank you. Her priority date is July 27, 2016. I wanted to make sure I can file the I-485 documents with EAD so whiles we wait for her green card to be ready she can work whiles in the USA. Your response is great. I will go ahead and submit her documents for adjustment of status since USCIS is using filing date

Comment

Originally posted by EricPope20 View Post
        Thank you. Her priority date is July 27, 2016. I wanted to make sure I can file the I-485 documents with EAD so whiles we wait for her green card to be ready she can work whiles in the USA. Your response is great. I will go ahead and submit her documents for adjustment of status since USCIS is using filing date
        Are you sure she's in status? What status does she have and when does it end?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

She came to the US on F-1 Student Visa, although she has completed her education as computer science major. She currently on her Post OPT working for a tech company

Comment

She came to the US as F-1 Student, has not been out of status. Upon graduation she is on her Post OPT now. Will this be a problem since she has graduated and on Post OPT as computer science major

Comment

Originally posted by ericpope20 View Post
              she came to the us as f-1 student, has not been out of status. Upon graduation she is on her post opt now. Will this be a problem since she has graduated and on post opt as computer science major
              no

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X