Case of Domestic Violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case of Domestic Violence

Hello everyone. I am looking for some support and guidance.
    I've been married to a US Citizen since February 2017. In june, he said he doesn't want to be with me anymore, and he doesn't want to be married or in a relation ship - he also said he wants his single life back. I was brokenhearted but since he still holds the power over my Green Card, I asked what were we going to do. He agreed he would help me with the interview.
    Since that, he's been living his life not even caring for me. Not giving me money, not paying for anything regarding me, he just pays rent and groceries. He began mistreating me to the point of not even talking or responding very aggresively to me, even calling me names. The amount of psychological sterss I'm under is terrible. He downloaded hookup apps, been seeing people, and last week he brought "a friend" to my apartment. I've been sleeping in the living room (in the sofa) for the past week since he said that sleeping together makes no sense at all and he doesn't want me in the bedroom.
    He brought a friend last thursday and for the past three days in a row. First day I was almost about to go to sleep when I heard them having sex. He denied that of course, but I'm pretty sure of what I heard; he only admitted they kissed but cmon... I heard something else. So I had to leave, I started having a panic attack and that literally broke my heart in pieces.

I honestly don't know what to do, even tho he promised me to help me with the interview, I don't trust him anymore. He wants me to leave at the end of October, and I have so many things to pay I don't know how I am going to do to rent a room somewhere else.

What would be advisable? He wants me out, but id I leave, can he use that against me? I honestly don't know what to do, I'm terrified

This has already been discussed at length. the answer is pretty clear. without a husband you do not have an option to remain.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by RileyCarter View Post
      I've been married to a US Citizen since February 2017. In june, he said he doesn't want to be with me anymore, and he doesn't want to be married or in a relation ship - he also said he wants his single life back. I was brokenhearted but since he still holds the power over my Green Card, I asked what were we going to do. He agreed he would help me with the interview.
      Since that, he's been living his life not even caring for me. Not giving me money, not paying for anything regarding me, he just pays rent and groceries. He began mistreating me to the point of not even talking or responding very aggresively to me, even calling me names. The amount of psychological sterss I'm under is terrible. He downloaded hookup apps, been seeing people, and last week he brought "a friend" to my apartment. I've been sleeping in the living room (in the sofa) for the past week since he said that sleeping together makes no sense at all and he doesn't want me in the bedroom.
      He brought a friend last thursday and for the past three days in a row. First day I was almost about to go to sleep when I heard them having sex. He denied that of course, but I'm pretty sure of what I heard; he only admitted they kissed but cmon... I heard something else. So I had to leave, I started having a panic attack and that literally broke my heart in pieces.

I honestly don't know what to do, even tho he promised me to help me with the interview, I don't trust him anymore. He wants me to leave at the end of October, and I have so many things to pay I don't know how I am going to do to rent a room somewhere else.

What would be advisable? He wants me out, but id I leave, can he use that against me? I honestly don't know what to do, I'm terrified
      Sweetie, I think you were given the options in the other thread you created. Best thing to do is consult a lawyer and see what your options are. If you can't prove abuse, then you can't file for VAWA but if you can prove abuse (physical, verbal and or mental) then do file VAWA but FIRST consult with a lawyer.

I would definitely leave the man. Do you have any family or friends to stay with? Staying will only make things worse and it might go against you when the time for the interview will come when your husband will imply that you two aren't together anymore.

So go see a lawyer, move out and stay with family or friends, and then see what can be done. It sucks, I am pretty sure it does but staying in an unhealthy relationship is the worst thing that can happen,
      Forms sent 6/2
      Forms received 6/4
      Received texts/e-mails 6/6
      PD 6/5 & 6/6
      NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
      Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
      SR 9/2
      Contacted Congressman 10/1
      Called the Congressman's office 10/10
      Interview letter 10/10
      Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
      Received EAD/AP card 10/17
      Interview 11/8 RFE after
      New Card Being Produced 11/16
      Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by RileyCarter View Post

Why is this titled: Case of Domestic Violence? A bad situation, yes. Domestic violence? Not even close. He is not going to help you get a green card. You would just divorce and return to your home country or country of citizenship. Throwing words around like domestic violence and terrified will not help your situation. These are completely false descriptions of your situation, as you know, and everyone who reads your posts know as well. You do not want to loose the opportunity to obtain a green card, but it's already lost.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
          without a husband you do not have an option to remain.
          but she has a husband

Comment

sounds more like he is working on being an ex-husband so without him she wouldn't be able to continue the process
            This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
              sounds more like he is working on being an ex-husband so without him she wouldn't be able to continue the process
              From her statement, he is working on being a bad husband (and doing a good job of it), not necessarily an ex-husband

Comment

Just break up.

Do not cause more problems by lying.

He's not abusing you? What's his number so I can text him and tell him A) stop "absing"!oe b) divorce her

It hurts but knowing foreign women im willing to bet everything that you're a MAJOR cause as to why he doesn't like u anymore. U probably behave in a bad way or are unappreciative or ungrateful.

You're not telling us the full story and want support to claim abuse?

You already made a thread about this under another name just leave the country or file for asylum

It's funny people are desperate to come here when they have no one here so they can part work and another part show off about being here. It's like girl, there's 400 million people living here this isn't the UAE where it's amazing, rich, better than America and harder to get citizenship. Second i have my own business thank God knock on wood and work from home. This enables me to leave this chithole called America as often as possible thank God knock on wood.

I'd rather live in Australia or Austria

Comment

I am glad you are progressive in business and travel. However, while your assumptions about the untruthfulness of the complainer might be correct, I feel that your comments are rather harsh and somewhat indicative of your own experience (by a foreign woman).

Your response is full proof that women hurt men. If that was or is the case with you, I apologize on their behalf and hope one day you can see like instances with fairness, compassion or neutrality. Only those two truly know what's happening in their union.

We ought not to condemn others as the sins we commit can also be the reason of our crucifixion. We should strive to have an impenetrable heart of love and forgiveness.

By the way, it is my dream to visit Australia with my hubby one day. What's the best place you'd recommend?

[1QUOTE=hyuggdeek;527618]Just break up.

He's not abusing you? What's his number so I can text him and tell him A) stop "absing"!oe b) divorce her

It hurts but knowing foreign women im willing to bet everything that you're a MAJOR cause as to why he doesn't like u anymore. U probably behave in a bad way or are unappreciative or ungrateful.

You already made a thread about this under another name just leave the country or file for asylum

It's funny people are desperate to come here when they have no one here so they can part work and another part show off about being here. It's like girl, there's 400 million people living here this isn't the UAE where it's amazing, rich, better than America and harder to get citizenship. Second i have my own business thank God knock on wood and work from home. This enables me to leave this chithole called America as often as possible thank God knock on wood.

I'd rather live in Australia or Austria[/QUOTE]
                  7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                  10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                  7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                  8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                  5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by hyuggdeek View Post
                    Just break up.

Wow dude, a bit upset much? You are totally wrong to generalize her experiences. You, knowing nothing about this person, make the conclusion, based on practically nothing, that she behaves badly, is unappreciative, or ungrateful.

Comment

Originally posted by hyuggdeek View Post
                      Just break up.

Dude she might be lying, but we are not sure. I feel we should not judge people here. You mentioned people are desperate to settle here etc. But, you posted couple days back you sponsored for your immigrant wife.They are just like her. if she is lying USCIS and Courts will take care of that. I have seen way worst cases but you are little ahead in judging her without knowing the reality.

Comment

Hey guys, i am attacked by my wife. She hit me 7-8 times, and i recorded everything as a voice memo. We were married for 2,5 months. I did not get any of the green cards so far. I wanted to ask for a help. What to do, is that voice memo usable as a proof? And can i apply for the wawa? Since me should get divorced after this mess.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Dusan025 View Post
                          Hey guys, i am attacked by my wife. She hit me 7-8 times, and i recorded everything as a voice memo. We were married for 2,5 months. I did not get any of the green cards so far. I wanted to ask for a help. What to do, is that voice memo usable as a proof? And can i apply for the wawa? Since me should get divorced after this mess.

Thank you
                          You will never win, don't even waste time with that..... Better off trying to work it out or get a divorce
                          Sacramento, CA
                          11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
                          11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
                          12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
                          12/23/19 Biometrics
                          1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
                          2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
                          2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
                          2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
                          08/31/20 EAD /SSC
                          09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
                          10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

My advice to those with abuse (physical or emotional) in their marriage: First, get out. Second, consult an attorney. We can't help you here. Don't subject yourself to the insults and ridicule you'll receive here while we try to guess what only you know. Peace!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X