Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with I-485, advance parole and Employment Authorization.. after RFE

Hi, so can someone please ease my mind.

I sent off my packet back on August 4th 2017, based upon a change of status as a K1 Visa holder. Everything was going great, recieved my NOA and also attended my biometrics approx a month later. Yesterday I received a RFE regarding my I-485 application, which has been sent off today. However, during reading up on what to send I came across something alarming which has put me on edge since.

When I originally filled, I also filed for the advance parole and work auth along with my I-485. I included both forms at the back of my adjustment packet and included the pictures required. I have now only found out that these should have been stand alone applications.

I did not include any other supporting documents with the Advance Parole or the Work Auth forms, stupidly assuming they would use the supporting documents from the I-485.

I'm now worried that this will put a delay on my EAD and advance parole. Did anyone else just file forms and pictures with no other supporting documents except for those included in the I-485? As of yet, I haven't recieved an RFE for the AP or EAD.

Someone please come to me with some good news as I wanted to visit home for Christmas but it's looking unlikely as of this new information.

Originally posted by Camason88 View Post

I sent off my packet back on August 4th 2017, based upon a change of status as a K1 Visa holder. Everything was going great, recieved my NOA and also attended my biometrics approx a month later. Yesterday I received a RFE regarding my I-485 application, which has been sent off today. However, during reading up on what to send I came across something alarming which has put me on edge since.

When I originally filled, I also filed for the advance parole and work auth along with my I-485. I included both forms at the back of my adjustment packet and included the pictures required. I have now only found out that these should have been stand alone applications.

I did not include any other supporting documents with the Advance Parole or the Work Auth forms, stupidly assuming they would use the supporting documents from the I-485.

I'm now worried that this will put a delay on my EAD and advance parole. Did anyone else just file forms and pictures with no other supporting documents except for those included in the I-485? As of yet, I haven't recieved an RFE for the AP or EAD.

Someone please come to me with some good news as I wanted to visit home for Christmas but it's looking unlikely as of this new information.
    I am sorry to say that probably there would be a delay. I already booked my flight tickets to use all my PTO in December. Obviously I need my I-131 as soon as possible but I am losing hope to get it before December. My backup plan is to get H1B stamp then come back to US. My concern is I would be waiting for several weeks if I got administrative check. My boss will be so mad!
    PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
    11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
    11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
    11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
    09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
    09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
    11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

You were correct in attaching your I-131 and I-765 as part of your I-485 packet

Comment

RFE Details

Hey Camason,

My PD is 24th August and did my Biometrics almost a month ago. Can you share what was asked in the RFE? If it was just additional information then it doesnt really affect the timeline much. Also you responded pretty quick which will help.

Good luck!!

Originally posted by Camason88 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X