experiences with AOS with supplement A 245(I) to for I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experiences with AOS with supplement A 245(I) to for I-485

A little about my background i'm married to a U.S citizen, and I enter with out inspection when I was eight. My mos has been here in the U.S since 1999 and my uncle submitted an i-130 for her and it was approved before April 20,2000 and she was here on December 21,2000, which are the requirement so you can adjust status here and not go back to your country.
    I'm going to send all my forms I-130, I-485 and supplement A to form I-485
    I'm so nervous because I been reading and doing a lot of research and I haven't heard anyone with the same experience.
    So just wondering if anyone has adjusted their status this way??

Thanks a lot in advance

Originally posted by viri18 View Post
    A little about my background i'm married to a U.S citizen, and I enter with out inspection when I was eight. My mos has been here in the U.S since 1999 and my uncle submitted an i-130 for her and it was approved before April 20,2000 and she was here on December 21,2000, which are the requirement so you can adjust status here and not go back to your country.
    I'm so nervous because I been reading and doing a lot of research and I haven't heard anyone with the same experience.

Thanks a lot in advance
    I filed the same forms as you. Including 245i all in March of this year. I have EAD already and just waiting for interview notice. Good luck!

Comment

You didn't mention how old you were when your uncle petitioned for your mother to immigrate, and how old you were when that petition was approved

You also didn't mention on what basis you plan to adjust your own status today

Those are the missing links in your narrative, as well as the assurance that you aren't inadmissible on some other grounds eg criminal or medical

Comment

Originally posted by rperez510 View Post
        I filed the same forms as you. Including 245i all in March of this year. I have EAD already and just waiting for interview notice. Good luck!

yeyyyyyyyyy!! lets keep each other informed of our cases ! I actually have DACA right now, but i still apply for a new EAD since Trump is taking DACA away

Comment

Can you share your experience of the interview?

Comment

245i and AOS

experiences with AOS with supplement A 245(I) to for I-485

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey I applied to adjustment of status via my citizen wife and 245i. My father applied for labor certification back in 2000 before 245i ended. I am grandfather under the 245i. I already been to my interview and the officer did not know anything about this law. Is been 110days after my aos interview with my wife and no decision yet. Is a long journey. Hope everything goes well with your application.

Comment

Originally posted by viri18 View Post

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey I have us citizen wife. I came here as a minor illegally and now have DACA. My father applied for labor certification 245i back in 2000 before it ended. On december of 2017 we applied for aos with 245i. I went to the interview on october of 2018 and the officer did not know **** about 245i. I kept telling her ask me about this because am grandfather under 245i which makes me good to adjust status having a us citizen wife. As january of 2019 no decision has been made on my case. Am so sad, I had to renew my daca because is about to expire. Prepare for long journey. Stay positive. Good luck

Comment

update interview was today 2-6-19

Originally posted by Andoni7929 View Post
                Hey I have us citizen wife. I came here as a minor illegally and now have DACA. My father applied for labor certification 245i back in 2000 before it ended. On december of 2017 we applied for aos with 245i. I went to the interview on october of 2018 and the officer did not know **** about 245i. I kept telling her ask me about this because am grandfather under 245i which makes me good to adjust status having a us citizen wife. As january of 2019 no decision has been made on my case. Am so sad, I had to renew my daca because is about to expire. Prepare for long journey. Stay positive. Good luck

Hey I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything about your case.So did your father did end up getting a green card later on?

I had my interview to day, and she really didn't ask me to many questions about section 245(i) she told me she wanted to see the original application that was filed for my mom back in 2000. She wants to make sure that she put me as her child in that form, which I know my mom did because she had told me earlier on. so yeah its a waiting game again and I hope it doesn't take that long even though she told me to renew my employment card if I don't hear from them and my card doesn't expire till may.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X