Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Is Being Produced but IO said at the Interview that she needs an extra document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Is Being Produced but IO said at the Interview that she needs an extra document

Hello all,

So I am kind of on the edge here and I am not sure if I should be happy prematurely. At the interview, the IO asked for the extended birth certificate which is on its way to the states. I was going to hand it in personally (either the copy or original since I don't want USCIS to destroy the original) once it came in, obviously after I translate it. But today my I-485 case status updated to card being produced. Does that mean that they do not need the extended birth certificate or did they initiate the production ahead of time but they still need the birth certificate? How soon can I get the GC?

I can't concentrate on anything right now
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
    Hello all,

So I am kind of on the edge here and I am not sure if I should be happy prematurely. At the interview, the IO asked for the extended birth certificate which is on its way to the states. I was going to hand it in personally (either the copy or original since I don't want USCIS to destroy the original) once it came in, obviously after I translate it. But today my I-485 case status updated to card being produced. Does that mean that they do not need the extended birth certificate or did they initiate the production ahead of time but they still need the birth certificate? How soon can I get the GC?

Congratulations!

I don't think USCIS pre-approves documents. I may be wrong, but this means you've been approved for your GC. They may have reviewed your case and approved it.

Did they send you an RFE after the interview or by just words of mouth? if the latter is true, you may have nothing to worry about.

Once again, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by aquila View Post
      Congratulations!

I don't think USCIS pre-approves documents. I may be wrong, but this means you've been approved for your GC. They may have reviewed your case and approved it.

Did they send you an RFE after the interview or by just words of mouth? if the latter is true, you may have nothing to worry about.

Once again, congratulations!
      The IO told me that she will need it and that she will send me a letter. I just won't believe it till I get it in my hands.
      Forms sent 6/2
      Forms received 6/4
      PD 6/5 & 6/6
      SR 9/2
      Interview letter 10/10
      Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

If I-485 says card in production you are approved. The status will change to approved later on .
        Probably dont have to bring it in now but you can still do it

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
          If I-485 says card in production you are approved. The status will change to approved later on .
          Probably dont have to bring it in now but you can still do it
          I will just have to monitor it. Thank you all!
          Forms sent 6/2
          Forms received 6/4
          PD 6/5 & 6/6
          SR 9/2
          Interview letter 10/10
          Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              Congratulations!!!
              Thank you! Now I am just curious when I will get it. I just hope that it won't get lost :/
              Forms sent 6/2
              Forms received 6/4
              PD 6/5 & 6/6
              SR 9/2
              Interview letter 10/10
              Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

Thank you! Now I am just curious when I will get it. I just hope that it won't get lost :/
                Lol what will you worry for after you received it? approval means approval doesen matter if you receive the card or not its just a piece of plastic

Comment

Hello all,

Congratulations! and Thank you for posting regular updates. I really appreciated your comments since in many instances you seem to have gone through this forum and found trends which saved everyone precious time. As others have noted you will be missed.. hope everything ends well for you and wishing you all the best!

As to your questions on how soon you would get the GC..I am sure you know this but just in case your mind went blank due to excitement :-) you could try "Ask Emma" chat or calling the customer service number to get a USPS tracking number of the card once the status changes to card has been mailed, or just try even before that maybe 3/4 business days from today. Also if you have the USPS informed delivery, keep track of your mail that is coming in for the day by getting email scans of every piece of mail that is going to be delivered to you.

Cheers!

USC->Parents AOS
                  • PD 8/21/17
                  • Combo card recvd 11/29, 11/30/17 Day 100, 101
                  • I-485 action: Card Being Produced! 4/10, 4/20/18 Day 232, 242
                  • I-485 and I-130 status changed to Approved 4/12, 4/23: Day 234, 245
                  • I-485 and I-130 approval notices in mail 4/14, 4/26: Day 236, 248
                  • I-485 action: Card mailed 4/17, 4/25: Day 239, 247
                  • Green Card delivered 4/19, 4/27: Day 241, 249

Comment

Originally posted by sidthesciencekid View Post
                    Congratulations! and Thank you for posting regular updates. I really appreciated your comments since in many instances you seem to have gone through this forum and found trends which saved everyone precious time. As others have noted you will be missed.. hope everything ends well for you and wishing you all the best!

As to your questions on how soon you would get the GC..I am sure you know this but just in case your mind went blank due to excitement :-) you could try "Ask Emma" chat or calling the customer service number to get a USPS tracking number of the card once the status changes to card has been mailed, or just try even before that maybe 3/4 business days from today. Also if you have the USPS informed delivery, keep track of your mail that is coming in for the day by getting email scans of every piece of mail that is going to be delivered to you.

Cheers!
                    Oh I will be coming back here to check on everyone of you. I may not be able to answer every question but I can try. As to USPS I have the Informed Delivery
                    Forms sent 6/2
                    Forms received 6/4
                    PD 6/5 & 6/6
                    SR 9/2
                    Interview letter 10/10
                    Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}