Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 797's after sending AOS package

Hi all,

I sent my Adjustment of Status in the mail last week, via UPS. On the tracking number, it showed that they had received on Friday, November 10th. However, I did not get any response from them until last night, at about 11pm (it took 5 business days to hear from them).

I wanted to make sure I had absolutely everything I could have in the package. Therefore, I sent a G-1145 for every form I sent (I-130 [with my I-130A], I-485 [along with I-864 and I-693], I-765, I-131). I sent everything in the same package. It is a petition through marriage to a USC. However, since the I-130 was supposed to be filed by my husband (and was the first form in the package), we put him on the respective G-1145. I think they saw that first and discarded all of the other G-1145s I sent (with my name on them). He is the one that got 4 texts with 4 different 797 #s that stated that they had received the application.

I tried to check online, but it says that all the numbers are invalid. I did some research and I think this is quite common, and it is mostly because they haven't updated the system (hopefully). Are those 4 receipt numbers for the 4 different forms I sent? or why did we get 4?

Will there be an issue if the petitioner is receiving the notifications and not me (the beneficiary)?

I checked my credit union account and the checks have been cashed.

When will I get notified about the biometrics appointment and any other further action that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance!

There are 4 applications: I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131.

Who receives notifications is unimportant.

You will eventually get receipts in the mail and later you will get a notice for the biometrics appointment.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      There are 4 applications: I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131.

Who receives notifications is unimportant.

You will eventually get receipts in the mail and later you will get a notice for the biometrics appointment.
      Thank you for your answer!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X