Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going from B-2 to permanent resident need input to make sure I have the process right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from B-2 to permanent resident need input to make sure I have the process right

Hello everyone so some backstory:

My fiance is currently a resident of colombia. We met two years ago and have been doing a long distance/dating kind of thing and she is here visiting and has been for the past two months. I decided to pop the question and we were wondering if she could adjust her status without going back to colombia at all since she is already here. We are both 20 years old and I rent a house from my parents, and am financially independent and stable. Basically I understand the process is we get married first then submit all the forms. Here is my research so far and some questions:

Here are the forms I have gathered so far that we will have to file:
    I-786
    I-485
    I-130
    G-325a
    I-693
    I-864 or I-134?

First question would be do we file I-864 or I-134? I'm not sure if I make above the poverty line or what pertains to these financial affidavits and what kind of income is required. My parents would be willing to co-sponsor but would not want to be putting all their financial info on this unless they knew all the laws and responsibilities that would go along with it so what exactly, by law, are you agreeing to do when signing or co-signing an I-864? Could we use I-134? If I do make above the poverty line that form seems to be better as I do not have much assets or huge bank accounts.

Next, she could adjust her status from a B-2 to a perm resident all from within the country correct?

What other forms am I missing and will anything hold us back with the fact that I am under 21(over 18) and don't make over ~30k a year?

Thanks for your input guys!

Originally posted by smdb1208 View Post
    Next, she could adjust her status from a B-2 to a perm resident all from within the country correct?
    Yes

will anything hold us back with the fact that ... I am under 21(over 18)
    You can petition a spouse regardless of your age, even if you were under 18

will anything hold us back with the fact that ... I don't make over ~30k a year?
    For a household of 2, the 125% of the federal poverty line is only $20,300 https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/as...ytool2017.xlsx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X