Prison volunteer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison volunteer

I am filing for adjustment of status. I am a PhD student, my application is family based (my husband is an American citizen). Since this summer (2017), through my university I have been volunteering at a local prison. I am a volunteer Spanish teacher there. Today, I was completing the "Grounds for inadmissibility" section in the I 485 form and I found this question:
    Have you EVER worked, volunteered, or otherwise served in any prison, jail, prison camp, detention facility, labor camp, or any other situation that involved detaining persons?
    I know that I have to mark yes, however, I am really worried. Can they deny me the green card because I am a volunteer teacher at an American prison? Has anyone had a similar experience? What are your recommendations regarding this matter? I am really concerned.

You mark yes and explain the details in Part 14

They just want to make sure you're not inadmissible due to an affiliation with a totalitarian or fascist regime. No big deal for you

Comment

Originally posted by celestevaen View Post
      I am filing for adjustment of status. I am a PhD student, my application is family based (my husband is an American citizen). Since this summer (2017), through my university I have been volunteering at a local prison. I am a volunteer Spanish teacher there. Today, I was completing the "Grounds for inadmissibility" section in the I 485 form and I found this question:
      Have you EVER worked, volunteered, or otherwise served in any prison, jail, prison camp, detention facility, labor camp, or any other situation that involved detaining persons?
      I know that I have to mark yes, however, I am really worried. Can they deny me the green card because I am a volunteer teacher at an American prison? Has anyone had a similar experience? What are your recommendations regarding this matter? I am really concerned.
      Unless its Tent City in AZ. lol. You have nothing to worry about

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X