Very very stressful after AOS interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very very stressful after AOS interview

Dear all, I filed concurrent in November 2016 in NY and got my interview in October 2017. All the questions were for my wife (The American citizen) She answered well except for 4 questions. Forexample, she knew i was a teacher, but she didnt know what i taught. She knew the country and city where i was boen, but she didnt know the name of the neighborhood. She knew i had 7 siblings, but she didnt know my order among them. I didnt feel well during the interview. Now, 40 days passed with no answer. What do you think? I did an online inquiry and got an answer saying that my case is pending for interview's date and time. Is it for a second interview? I called uscis and the officer himself was not sure if that was for the first interview or a second one cuz records doesnt show that interview was completed. Now, i am superrrrrrrr stressed...please keep this post rolling and help!!!!!

Originally posted by Needhelpnoww View Post
    Dear all, I filed concurrent in November 2016 in NY and got my interview in October 2017. All the questions were for my wife (The American citizen) She answered well except for 4 questions. Forexample, she knew i was a teacher, but she didnt know what i taught. She knew the country and city where i was boen, but she didnt know the name of the neighborhood. She knew i had 7 siblings, but she didnt know my order among them. I didnt feel well during the interview. Now, 40 days passed with no answer. What do you think? I did an online inquiry and got an answer saying that my case is pending for interview's date and time. Is it for a second interview? I called uscis and the officer himself was not sure if that was for the first interview or a second one cuz records doesnt show that interview was completed. Now, i am superrrrrrrr stressed...please keep this post rolling and help!!!!!
    First of all, these kind of questions make me think that USCIS is suspecting something. At my interview, the officer did not ask me such questions. It appears as though they are really testing your marriage because these are some pretty detailed questions. Is this marriage your wife's first? Is this your first? I think in order for us to better understand your situation, we need more details.
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
      First of all, these kind of questions make me think that USCIS is suspecting something. At my interview, the officer did not ask me such questions. It appears as though they are really testing your marriage because these are some pretty detailed questions. Is this marriage your wife's first? Is this your first? I think in order for us to better understand your situation, we need more details.
      Ull be fine!! Sounds normal to me! If you have that many siblings, the question is understandable..she could know that answer...i think it sounds fine..by the way... women in general remember more details.. my hubby messes up my bday by two days and were a real marriage!! Lol

Comment

Don't over stress yourself.

Don't over stress yourself. Be patient with the circumstance. It's not a life or death situation. You will gain more by waiting patiently than stressing yourself to hospital. I never subscribe leaving the situation as it is. But you will be calling USCIS, reminding them.Hopefully someone will listen very soon and do something.

Comment

Yes, this is my first marriage, but she was married in 1990. They asked her if it was my first marriage and she answered correctly. They also asked her if i had kids before and she answered correctly, too.the officer wrote every single detail. She didnt even look at us as she was writing. This is a real marriage a d we've been living together for more than a year.

Comment

Yes, this is my first marriage, but she was married in 1990. They asked her if it was my first marriage and she answered correctly. They also asked her if i had kids before and she answered correctly, too.the officer wrote every single detail. She didnt even look at us as she was writing. This is a real marriage a d we've been living together for more than a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dreamerdancer42 View Post
            Ull be fine!! Sounds normal to me! If you have that many siblings, the question is understandable..she could know that answer...i think it sounds fine..by the way... women in general remember more details.. my hubby messes up my bday by two days and were a real marriage!! Lol
            Thanks!!! Hopefully they understand that!

Comment

From what i've read from others experience, you will most likely be interviewed a second time, this time the interviewer will ask the same questions expeting the same answer but this time also expecting 0 mistakes, her writting down everything proves it, they usually don't ask so detailed questions unless they suspected from you all along, i.e poor evidence, age, etc, also for the second interview aside from all the questions from intetview 1 you'll also be asked more personal questions like really intimate and will almost for sure be separated into different rooms, hopefully that wont happen and you get aproved for the first interview, good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X