Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Permanent Residence

Hello,

I'm US Citizen, we filed for adjustment of status in El Paso TX for my spouse.
    We submitted the application on May 2016. We were just married for 3 months at that time.
    We had our interview on April 2017 and we were not approved on the spot.
    We just received a letter from immigration that we need to submit bona fide marriage proof.
    Our question is if the application is approved being married now for more than 2 years. The residence of my husband is going to be conditional or permanent?

We really appreciate your feedback

Originally posted by bea View Post
    Hello,

I'm US Citizen, we filed for adjustment of status in El Paso TX for my spouse.
    We submitted the application on May 2016. We were just married for 3 months at that time.
    We had our interview on April 2017 and we were not approved on the spot.
    We just received a letter from immigration that we need to submit bona fide marriage proof.
    Our question is if the application is approved being married now for more than 2 years. The residence of my husband is going to be conditional or permanent?

We really appreciate your feedback
    If on the day he becomes a permanent resident, you guys have been married for 2 years, he becomes a non-conditional permanent resident. If he receives a 2-year card, it is a mistake and you can ask for it to be replaced for free.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X