No announcement yet.

MARCH FILER Newark NJ 1485 Filer TIMELINE - **SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW / NERVOUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH FILER Newark NJ 1485 Filer TIMELINE - **SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW / NERVOUS

Hi everyone! I am a Newark, NJ filer for AOS. Here is my timelne:
    March 3, 2017 sent paperwork in to Chicago
    March 7, 2017 USCIS received package
    March 10, 2017 USCIS checks cashed
    March 16, 2017 received receipt from USCIS
    April 12, 2017 ready to be scheduled for interview.
    September 1, 2017 first online service request submitted - outside of normal processing time
    October 5, 2017 second service request submitted via USCIS customer service phone line
    November 5, 2017 called USCIS customer service asking for update on service request. They told me an email was sent to me (I never received it) in response to my service request that advised me to keep waiting and we were in queue to be interviewed.
    December 1, 2017 letter sent to Senator Corey Booker pleading for him to expedite our case.
    YESTERDAY, December 21, 2017 we received a letter in the mail stating that we are scheduled for our interview on January 24, 2018!!!

I figured we can use this thread to track new Newark NJ cases. It seems they are starting to catch up, although the field office processing time chart online is incorrect.
    I will update this thread after our interview. I am honestly now a little bit nervous. I know that we have nothing to be worried about, but the whole process is just so nerve-wracking. Anyone have any advice for staying calm in the interview and how to prepare??

Thank you.

I was just like you, a little nervous that day, but after he called us and asked us a few questions and did some jokes i felt relaxed, get to know your spouse and his/her main relatives names(parents and brothers), they will most likely focus on how did you meet, be yourself and do not make up **** stories that will only end up going south, good luck and let us know how it went

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X