Not Much Evidence To Prove Relationship Is Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evilex View Post
    Hi, i would also like to try this but i was told by a friend that if you add an authorized user it will indeed give that authorized person a credit card on his/her name, but that person won't appear on the statement only the main account holder thus rendering that option useless for uscis purposes, can you confirm if that is truth or is my friend wrong? Regards
    Sure, adding someone as an authorized user may seem like it carries no weight for USCIS purposes. If you think about it, though, you are still fully trusting that user and you are in fact, 100% solely responsible for all charges made with that card. If a joint account is not an option, say the immigrant has no credit history or can't get credit, then authorized user is still best second; especially if you can show that additional card is being used. Since there is no credit check for authorized users, you are literally the one vetting the user and therefore, responsible for everything.

You could also open a checking account, run to target and apply for a target red debit card, you get 5% on every purchase and you can easily request an additional card for a spouse. It will have the spouse's name on it.

Best of luck! Happy to help!

Comment

You must physically walk into a bank. Online banks have different rules and will require a SSN. My hubby had an account with a local credit union years before he had a SSN.
      Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
      Married: 8/18/17
      Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
      I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
      Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
      EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
      EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
      Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
      Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
      Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X