NEW I765 FORM , EAD Approval and Receiving SSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW I765 FORM , EAD Approval and Receiving SSN

Hi everyone! Just wondering if any applicants who used the new I765, never had SSN # before and recently approved for EAD? Have you received your SSN from SSA in the mail already? How many weeks did it take?

Thanks

Originally posted by calgarygirl View Post
    Hi everyone! Just wondering if any applicants who used the new I765, never had SSN # before and recently approved for EAD? Have you received your SSN from SSA in the mail already? How many weeks did it take?

Thanks
    I do not remember if that is what I did but when I got my EAD through DACA, I actually think I had to go to an SSA office and fill out the form in order to get the SSN. Not sure it's been like 5 years.
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing. On the new I765 form, we checked to have a SSN issued. We were notified that the EAD was mailed on 1/8/18. I can't remember what website I was on, but it said if you haven't received your SSN a week after you receive your EAD, you should contact SSA. I can't seem to find anyone's experience with this on the forums.

Comment

Thanks
        This was years ago but I remember getting my EAD and then about 3 weeks later, an updated social security card. If you checked the box on the I-765, you'll get it shortly after. They're very good about that. I wonder if you could check on e-verify, do a self-check and see if an inquiry from the SSA would show up.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          This was years ago but I remember getting my EAD and then about 3 weeks later, an updated social security card. If you checked the box on the I-765, you'll get it shortly after. They're very good about that. I wonder if you could check on e-verify, do a self-check and see if an inquiry from the SSA would show up.
          How can we e-verify? can you share a link with us? Also, if we don't receive it, can we go to SSA office to see the status or get the new one?
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tomjerry111 View Post
            How can we e-verify? can you share a link with us? Also, if we don't receive it, can we go to SSA office to see the status or get the new one?
            Thank you
            Start here

Protect your identity, track your E-Verify case, learn your rights and confirm your own employment eligibility. It’s easy and free!

This will let you create an account and then run a self-check to see the results. I created an account and tested it after I got my EAD and SSN

Comment

Hello! my case was approved on November 21'st Still haven't get my EAD card.
              Please guide me to next step.

"On November 21, 2017, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number#. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Comment

Originally posted by psraju View Post

"On November 21, 2017, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number#. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
                I think you should contact customer service and let them know you haven't received your card. They should start an SR and hopefully send you a new card.

Comment

Filers that used I-765 Form Ver 7/17/2017 .. will have NEW SSN 1week after?

Thanks
                  Hi,
                  According to this site, you dont have to go to SSN office if on Form I-765, you indicated that you need new SSN.
                  I got my Approval notice yesterday for EAD and AP, and now waiting for the card itself. And I guess the SSN card will come after. Hopefully they would come on time. I've been dying to build my credit history since my canadian history doesn't mean a thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by hernameisela View Post
                    Hi,
                    According to this site, you dont have to go to SSN office if on Form I-765, you indicated that you need new SSN.
                    I got my Approval notice yesterday for EAD and AP, and now waiting for the card itself. And I guess the SSN card will come after. Hopefully they would come on time. I've been dying to build my credit history since my canadian history doesn't mean a thing here.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...g_for_Your.pdf
                    Give it 3 weeks. That's remained constant through two decades with the SSA. You always hear people say you get the EAD first and then 3 weeks later or so, you get your SS card.

Comment

Originally posted by S_R_E View Post
                      Start here

Protect your identity, track your E-Verify case, learn your rights and confirm your own employment eligibility. It’s easy and free!

This will let you create an account and then run a self-check to see the results. I created an account and tested it after I got my EAD and SSN
                      what happens if you get this:
                      Sorry, we are unable to give you access to the Self Check service at this time because the third party identity assurance service was unable to generate enough information about you in order to create a quiz to confirm your identity. The information you provided has not been checked against U.S. government databases for employment eligibility.
                      This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
                      122017 - PD
                      012518 - Biometrics
                      033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
                      062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                      082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
                      090418 - 2nd we scheduled
                      091018 - first interview canceled
                      092118 - Request to reschedule int
                      102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
                      030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
                      040219 - We canceled your int
                      040519 - Int sched
                      051419 - Interview
                      053119 - approved

Comment

Originally posted by boogiewoogie View Post
                        what happens if you get this:
                        Sorry, we are unable to give you access to the Self Check service at this time because the third party identity assurance service was unable to generate enough information about you in order to create a quiz to confirm your identity. The information you provided has not been checked against U.S. government databases for employment eligibility.

I got the same as well. Not sure what to do atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Give it 3 weeks. That's remained constant through two decades with the SSA. You always hear people say you get the EAD first and then 3 weeks later or so, you get your SS card.
                        I got my SSN 3/27/2018.. but EAD still in the mail,it was mailed 3/22/2017.

Comment

Hi
                          I'm sailing in the same boat right now. Can u please let me know if u received the card? If yes, when?

Thanks!
                          Originally posted by psraju View Post

Comment

EAD mailed but I think I got my SSN First

HI!

So on August 10, my status changed to my EAD is mailed. Every day I am waiting for it to come, yesterday 8/13/2018, I got the approval notice in the mail still no EAD.

Today, 8/14/2018 while I am subscribed to the USPS Informed Delivery, I saw I have a mail from Social Security Administration. I believe this is my Social Security Card already since I filed it together and there's no other reason for SSA to mail me something right? I can't wait to go home and open the envelope.

But just wondering, has anyone experienced the same?? Social Security first before the EAD?

Comment

Depends where you located. The EAD card comes from Summit Lee, MO. For some of us who are further away it took over a week for it to arrive.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X