Adjustment of status - I-864 household income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of status - I-864 household income

Hello, my wife (US citizen) is sponsoring me (F1-OPT, post-doc position of 2 years started in Sep-1 2017) in my AOS based on marriage.

Her annual salary is higher than requirements, but I would also like to add my salary to the household total in I-864.

If I do so, I would ONLY need to attach an employment verification letter that confirms that my current annual salary is X and that my job position is a 2-year position with same X annual salary, and paystubs since Sep-1 2017;

and I do NOT need to include any tax returns+W2 or IRS transcripts even if I filed them during my PhD.

Is this all correct?

Thanks!

Your job is temporary, I wonder how that would be viewed.

To be honest, if her income is sufficient, I make it simple on myself and only send in her tax return.

I'm sponsoring my husband. He has some income through his P1 visa, but my income is well above the threshold. The only thing we sent was my 2016 tax transcript. Nothing else.
    Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
    Married: 8/18/17
    Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
    I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
    Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
    EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
    EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
    Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
    Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
    Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by miiki View Post
      Your job is temporary, I wonder how that would be viewed.

To be honest, if her income is sufficient, I make it simple on myself and only send in her tax return.

I'm sponsoring my husband. He has some income through his P1 visa, but my income is well above the threshold. The only thing we sent was my 2016 tax transcript. Nothing else.

Thanks for your answer, and I also think that your suggestion would also make things easier for USCIS (an me). So, you mean that in the I-864 in part 6, at numbers 3 to 14 I should put N/A or leave blank? So that at number 15 "My current annual household income" the total is equal to my wife individual annual income at number 2. That is, my current annual salary will appear nowhere in this form?

Comment

Originally posted by GMP View Post
        Thanks for your answer, and I also think that your suggestion would also make things easier for USCIS (an me). So, you mean that in the I-864 in part 6, at numbers 3 to 14 I should put N/A or leave blank? So that at number 15 "My current annual household income" the total is equal to my wife individual annual income at number 2. That is, my current annual salary will appear nowhere in this form?
        If she is not counting your income, then yes, that is how she would fill out her I-864.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X