Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plz View Post
    No. never changed addresses. I got the 765 approval notice in the mail just last Friday. I called USPS just now and the lady told me they should have delivered it and left it in the mailbox since it?s not a certified mail. The message when I track it simply says ?attempted delivery. No access to delivery location?. Did you find your EAD or GC in the mailbox or you had to go pick it up??
    It was in the mailbox in front my house. I live in the suburbs. Are u in an apartment complex where there are multiple mailboxes with locks?
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Any ATL filers get interview recently? My case just changed to ready to schedule interview. Just wondering how long of a wait to expect... my PD is 02/23/18
      Atlanta, GA
      PD: 02/23/18
      Biometrics: 03/28/18
      Fingerprint Review Completed: April 6th
      Raised SR with Job Offer: May 21st
      Response to SR (came via mail June 1st): I responded June 4th
      Raised 2nd SR: June 23rd
      485-RFE received: June 27th
      Receipt of RFE confirmation: July 9th
      485- case is ready to schedule for Interview: July 16th
      EAD and AD parole in production and approval: July 18th
      EAD mailed: July 20th

Comment

Originally posted by Ch_Lusitano View Post
        Any ATL filers get interview recently? My case just changed to ready to schedule interview. Just wondering how long of a wait to expect... my PD is 02/23/18
        The DHS website says that my case has been ready for interview since December 2017 and still no interview. The regular uscis website says that my case was received.
        I also noticed the processing times for Atlanta just recently increased again.

Comment

Originally posted by Emt View Post
          The DHS website says that my case has been ready for interview since December 2017 and still no interview. The regular uscis website says that my case was received.
          I also noticed the processing times for Atlanta just recently increased again.
          Yikes.....yeah I checked the site today it said 16.5 to 35 months and i bust out laughing. I am hoping that’s just bs.
          Atlanta, GA
          PD: 02/23/18
          Biometrics: 03/28/18
          Fingerprint Review Completed: April 6th
          Raised SR with Job Offer: May 21st
          Response to SR (came via mail June 1st): I responded June 4th
          Raised 2nd SR: June 23rd
          485-RFE received: June 27th
          Receipt of RFE confirmation: July 9th
          485- case is ready to schedule for Interview: July 16th
          EAD and AD parole in production and approval: July 18th
          EAD mailed: July 20th

Comment

Originally posted by Ch_Lusitano View Post
            Yikes.....yeah I checked the site today it said 16.5 to 35 months and i bust out laughing. I am hoping that?s just bs.
            The processing times isn't really reliable. It's just a ploy to have less people call and make queries about their cases if you ask me. Some ATL filers wait longer than some. I think it all depends on the officer who has the file. Processing times were 10.5 to 24 months when I applied but got my GC within 5.5 months. I never really relied on the processing times.

Comment

March 2018 Filer ATLANTA GA

Hi guys!

My PD - 3/2/2018 (concurrent filing the whole package)
              Biometrics done in April
              RFIE on 7/3/2018 for i-485
              (They looked at my husband's latest tax return and said he wasn't making 1.25x poverty line because the tax return was from when he was a grad student at UGA...We either had to prove assets or get a joint sponsor, I asked my mother in law to be my joint sponsor)
              Response for RFE Received on 7/16/2018
              Current status - Request for Evidence Response Review

No updates since then...

Any positive words appreciated lol
              PD - 3/2/2018
              Biometrics - sometime in April
              RFIE - 7/3
              Response to RFE received - 7/16
              Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
              EAD is being produced - 9/4
              Combo card in hand - 9/11
              Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
              Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
                Hi guys!

My PD - 3/2/2018 (concurrent filing the whole package)
                Biometrics done in April
                RFIE on 7/3/2018 for i-485
                (They looked at my husband's latest tax return and said he wasn't making 1.25x poverty line because the tax return was from when he was a grad student at UGA...We either had to prove assets or get a joint sponsor, I asked my mother in law to be my joint sponsor)
                Response for RFE Received on 7/16/2018
                Current status - Request for Evidence Response Review

No updates since then...

Any positive words appreciated lol
                That was barely 10 days ago. Don't worry. It doesn't seem like your file is at the ATL field office yet. Hopefully it will be soon. When u receive the update, "Interview Ready to be Scheduled", it's at the field office. Good luck and I hope u have a speedy case!😇

Comment

address change and EAD Renewal suggestion

I need a suggestion about address change!

I moved to Detroit because of job (German automotive experience brought me to Detroit) but my wife is gonna move in December here from Atlanta as she is pregnant. My wife is still working in Atlanta and I fly to Atlanta after every 2-3 weeks on the availability of flight. So I haven't changed my address.

I got my EAD in January 12th, 2018. Since AOS interview is taking more time so I am going to file Renewal application for EAD in order to continue my job. So do I go for address change first then send EAD renewal or stick to my Atlanta address? Change of Address would cause any delay in process time?

What time is better to send renewal application? I am thinking to send right after labor day.

My PD is September 19th, 2017 and got RFIE. Online status hasn't been changed since October 26th, 2017 that they had received response of RFIE.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by a.mujtaba View Post

I moved to Detroit because of job (German automotive experience brought me to Detroit) but my wife is gonna move in December here from Atlanta as she is pregnant. My wife is still working in Atlanta and I fly to Atlanta after every 2-3 weeks on the availability of flight. So I haven't changed my address.

I got my EAD in January 12th, 2018. Since AOS interview is taking more time so I am going to file Renewal application for EAD in order to continue my job. So do I go for address change first then send EAD renewal or stick to my Atlanta address? Change of Address would cause any delay in process time?

What time is better to send renewal application? I am thinking to send right after labor day.

My PD is September 19th, 2017 and got RFIE. Online status hasn't been changed since October 26th, 2017 that they had received response of RFIE.

Thanks!
                    If you received your EAD on 01/12/2018 it means it will expire 01/10/2018. Wait until you move before renewing. Since your wife is pregnant, she may join you earlier than Dec.(some pregnancies are unpredictable). Wait three months prior to it expiring before renewing. U may even get an interview before then, who knows.

All the best!

Comment

Job Hunting

To all the ATL peeps who just got their EADs like me, I know job hunting can be challenging. I have decided that I?m not going to concentrate looking for something in my field. Any work that pays is better than none.. that said Travelers Insurance is hiring for Customer Service Reps in Atlanta entry level and pay starts at $17/ hour for most applicants. Their office location is In Alpharetta. They are also immigrants with EADs friendly.

Will post here as I go along.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by Plz View Post
                        To all the ATL peeps who just got their EADs like me, I know job hunting can be challenging. I have decided that I?m not going to concentrate looking for something in my field. Any work that pays is better than none.. that said Travelers Insurance is hiring for Customer Service Reps in Atlanta entry level and pay starts at $17/ hour for most applicants. Their office location is In Alpharetta. They are also immigrants with EADs friendly.

Will post here as I go along.

Have a nice day!
                        Thank you so much for the information. It's been challenging indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                          Thank you so much for the information. It's been challenging indeed!
                          I know. Did you get any interviews or job offers? I don?t know where in Atlanta you are located but here is a church in Roswell that assists in employment search. They have meetings 2 times a month with job seekers. They do job networking meetings, job fairs, resume and interview workshops.

Also Career Quest

Comment

Originally posted by a.mujtaba View Post

Thanks!
                            Hello Mujtaba,

I have had the opposite experience as you. My wife and I moved from Detroit to Atlanta. We filed while we were in Atlanta but put my mother's address as the "in care of" because we knew we would be moving soon. For whatever reason, I think they had our information over in Detroit because when we got the appointment for Biometrics, it wanted us to go somewhere in Detroit. We fixed that and we changed our address some time later..

Our PD is December 2017 and we are waiting for the interview. In hindsight, I really wish we would have just kept everything as we originally filed instead of changing address. I think this whole process would have been much faster if we just left everything in Detroit and flew there when it was time for the interview.

If I were you, I would just keep it in Atlanta. From what I see, it is taking most people about 1 year to get their interview. You're pretty close to that... On the other hand, Detroit office is faster than Atlanta's...

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                              If you received your EAD on 01/12/2018 it means it will expire 01/10/2018. Wait until you move before renewing. Since your wife is pregnant, she may join you earlier than Dec.(some pregnancies are unpredictable). Wait three months prior to it expiring before renewing. U may even get an interview before then, who knows.

All the best!
                              Thanks for this information. For a moment I will keep my Atlanta address and once my wife will move to Detroit then we would change address if we need it. I am hoping to get interview sometime in November.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by therealglory View Post
                              Hello Mujtaba,

I have had the opposite experience as you. My wife and I moved from Detroit to Atlanta. We filed while we were in Atlanta but put my mother's address as the "in care of" because we knew we would be moving soon. For whatever reason, I think they had our information over in Detroit because when we got the appointment for Biometrics, it wanted us to go somewhere in Detroit. We fixed that and we changed our address some time later..

Our PD is December 2017 and we are waiting for the interview. In hindsight, I really wish we would have just kept everything as we originally filed instead of changing address. I think this whole process would have been much faster if we just left everything in Detroit and flew there when it was time for the interview.

If I were you, I would just keep it in Atlanta. From what I see, it is taking most people about 1 year to get their interview. You're pretty close to that... On the other hand, Detroit office is faster than Atlanta's...
                              Thanks therealgloory for sharing your experience. I am gonna keep my Atlanta address for the time being and will send my EAD renewal application from Atlanta Address.

Comment

Interview cancelled

ATL filer here. Interview scheduled for 08/23 but got an email n notifications that interview has been cancelled and mail is sentwith explanation andwill be rescheduled later. Is this common at atl field office? How long is it gonna take to get rescheduled. Any info will be much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X