Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanedough View Post
    ATL filer here. Interview scheduled for 08/23 but got an email n notifications that interview has been cancelled and mail is sentwith explanation andwill be rescheduled later. Is this common at atl field office? How long is it gonna take to get rescheduled. Any info will be much appreciated.
    Interesting. We only got a notification that said "we have taken an action on your case. DHS website" (along those lines) Then on the website it says "On August 9th, 2018 we canceled your interview"

We did not get anything that indicated we would get a letter with the explanation. It might be worth making an InfoPass appointment and following up on it. Well, I would. That's my non-legal suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by a.mujtaba View Post
      I need a suggestion about address change!

I moved to Detroit because of job (German automotive experience brought me to Detroit) but my wife is gonna move in December here from Atlanta as she is pregnant. My wife is still working in Atlanta and I fly to Atlanta after every 2-3 weeks on the availability of flight. So I haven't changed my address.

I got my EAD in January 12th, 2018. Since AOS interview is taking more time so I am going to file Renewal application for EAD in order to continue my job. So do I go for address change first then send EAD renewal or stick to my Atlanta address? Change of Address would cause any delay in process time?

What time is better to send renewal application? I am thinking to send right after labor day.

My PD is September 19th, 2017 and got RFIE. Online status hasn't been changed since October 26th, 2017 that they had received response of RFIE.

Thanks!
      I would just follow USCIS requirements and file for your change of address. The do not care where the US Citizen/petitioner lives. They require that you file a change of address no later than 10 days after moving. In this case, it is to your advantage to switch your address to the Detroit jurisdiction. That's a faster field office on all accounts.
      Otherwise, you are telling USCIS you live at an address where you do not actually live.

Right now, your file is literally frozen at the National benefits center because the Atlanta field office is just resuming processing of 2017 cases. Why do you think yours still hasn't been processed? Well, let's see... The Atlanta Field office was affected by the system glitch, and skipped from 2017 to cases filed in January 2018. How do you think all those green cards happened? That was not the only field office. Several did that and now they're catching up. Awesome for those who got fast green cards but not so cool for those who now have to wait an additional 6 months because they spent 6 months interviewing cases using LIFO instead of FIFO. (Last In First Out and First In First Out)

Update your address. Don't look for trouble.

Comment

Case Update

I got an update last night saying my case is ready to be scheduled for interview, now I can wait for EAD with a little bit more patience... Here's my timeline below:

PD- 3/2 filing from ATL
        check cashed- 3/12
        Got receipts - 3/15
        Biometrics - sometime in April
        RFIE - 7/3 (need to prove assets or get a joint sponsor)
        RFE Response received - 7/16
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14

NO EAD/AP YET!!!
        PD - 3/2/2018
        Biometrics - sometime in April
        RFIE - 7/3
        Response to RFE received - 7/16
        Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
        EAD is being produced - 9/4
        Combo card in hand - 9/11
        Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
        Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

ATL worse place to be an immigrant

I read this entire post of people waiting for EADs and interview appointments let me just share my experience with the ATL field office. January 23rd 2017 filer for I-485 from K1 status. Case stuck at fees received 19 months and not scheduled for an interview. So if there is anyone that should be pissed of it's me and the certain December 2016 filers that still cant get interviews in Atlanta. You 2018 filers that are getting interviews consider yourselves very lucky
          (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
          12-15-16 SS card
          02-16-17 Bio Walk in
          03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
          04-24-17 EAD approved
          02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
          02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
          02-23-18 Bio Walk in
          04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
          07-05-18 EAD approved
          12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
          12-06-18 Contacted Senator
          12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

ATL worse place to be an immigrant

Been lurking for a while. I see alot of people angry that they are waiting on interviews. I'm a January 23rd 2017 I-485 filer adjusting from K1. Case hasn't moved since biometrics been done in February 2017. Didnt receive any RFEs. Case isn't even ready to be scheduled for an interview. So all you 2018 filers have a right to be upset but still need to chill out a bit. I know December 2016 filers that haven't gotten interview dates yet. If y'all are pissed about some 2018 filings then we should be volcanic. Let's just keep our heads. Apparantly calling customer service and speaking to tier 2 officers doesnt help. Spoke with one this morning trying to explain that they are closing my service request without sending me notice. They were just nonchalant stating the system says they responded and said I just have to wait because 34 months is the processing time so I just have to wait and hung up on me. Go figures.
            12-15-16 SS card
            02-16-17 Bio Walk in
            04-24-17 EAD approved
            02-23-18 Bio Walk in
            07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
              I read this entire post of people waiting for EADs and interview appointments let me just share my experience with the ATL field office. January 23rd 2017 filer for I-485 from K1 status. Case stuck at fees received 19 months and not scheduled for an interview. So if there is anyone that should be pissed of it's me and the certain December 2016 filers that still cant get interviews in Atlanta. You 2018 filers that are getting interviews consider yourselves very lucky
              That's way too long for a k-1 filer to be waiting around for an interview. For starters, you are still eligible for an interview waiver. USCIS is only required to interview k-1 folks who filed for AOS on or AFTER 04-17-17. Yes, you heard it right. I can try to dig up that communication if you need me to. I would reach out to your Senator and present that fact to them. In fact, there were a few K-1 folks who recently got their green cards by mail. Their interviews were waived.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                That's way too long for a k-1 filer to be waiting around for an interview. For starters, you are still eligible for an interview waiver. USCIS is only required to interview k-1 folks who filed for AOS on or AFTER 04-17-17. Yes, you heard it right. I can try to dig up that communication if you need me to. I would reach out to your Senator and present that fact to them. In fact, there were a few K-1 folks who recently got their green cards by mail. Their interviews were waived.
                If you could send me that information it would be great thanks for that information. I'm starting to get annoyed with the whole process.
                12-15-16 SS card
                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                04-24-17 EAD approved
                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  I would just follow USCIS requirements and file for your change of address. The do not care where the US Citizen/petitioner lives. They require that you file a change of address no later than 10 days after moving. In this case, it is to your advantage to switch your address to the Detroit jurisdiction. That's a faster field office on all accounts.
                  Otherwise, you are telling USCIS you live at an address where you do not actually live.

Right now, your file is literally frozen at the National benefits center because the Atlanta field office is just resuming processing of 2017 cases. Why do you think yours still hasn't been processed? Well, let's see... The Atlanta Field office was affected by the system glitch, and skipped from 2017 to cases filed in January 2018. How do you think all those green cards happened? That was not the only field office. Several did that and now they're catching up. Awesome for those who got fast green cards but not so cool for those who now have to wait an additional 6 months because they spent 6 months interviewing cases using LIFO instead of FIFO. (Last In First Out and First In First Out)

Update your address. Don't look for trouble.
                  How could you say that file is frozen at the National benefits center because the Atlanta field office is just resuming processing of 2017 cases? Who gave you all of this information? any source?

I know ATL office has big backlog which I have been looking since Dec 2016.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forums. Just filed forms I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-765, and I-485 on Monday - 8/20/2018. Sent to Chicago Lockbox. I will post updates of our progress as I receive them.
                    8/17/18: Mailed via UPS to Chicago
                    8/21/18: PD
                    8/24/18: Fingerprint Fee Received
                    9/7/18: Biometrics Letter/Appt for 9/20
                    9/12/18: I-693 Courtesy Letter
                    9/20/18: Biometrics Appt
                    9/21/18: Fingerprint received
                    10/24/18: Case ready to be sch for interview
                    1/24/19: EAD ordered (I-765) and I-131 approved
                    1/30/19: Combo Card
                    1/31/19: SS Card
                    4/10/19: Interview scheduled
                    4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
                    5/15/19: Interview
                    5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
                    5/28/19: GC Mailed
                    5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveDreams View Post
                      Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forums. Just filed forms I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-765, and I-485 on Monday - 8/20/2018. Sent to Chicago Lockbox. I will post updates of our progress as I receive them.
                      Good luck on your journey!👍
                      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                      Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                      Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                      Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                      Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                      Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                      EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                      EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                      SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                      GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                      Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                      I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                      GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                        Good luck on your journey!👍
                        Thank you!!
                        8/17/18: Mailed via UPS to Chicago
                        8/21/18: PD
                        8/24/18: Fingerprint Fee Received
                        9/7/18: Biometrics Letter/Appt for 9/20
                        9/12/18: I-693 Courtesy Letter
                        9/20/18: Biometrics Appt
                        9/21/18: Fingerprint received
                        10/24/18: Case ready to be sch for interview
                        1/24/19: EAD ordered (I-765) and I-131 approved
                        1/30/19: Combo Card
                        1/31/19: SS Card
                        4/10/19: Interview scheduled
                        4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
                        5/15/19: Interview
                        5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
                        5/28/19: GC Mailed
                        5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

• Still waiting

Thank you for your response,i am still waiting on the EAD,no word on when they will send it.I am thinking of asking them to expedite my EAD application now.

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                          As you can see from my timeline, I got my EAD the 131st day, after the interview. One thing you should know though. Your i765/131 cases are not at the field office. They're processed from NBC officers and the EAD cards are shipped from Kentucky.
                          The processing time for family based i765 right now is 4-6 months. It's no longer 3 months. I got mine on the 4th month.

Comment

• Updates

Waiting for my EAD also,the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jameisbong View Post
                              Thank you for your response,i am still waiting on the EAD,no word on when they will send it.I am thinking of asking them to expedite my EAD application now.
                              What day are you on right now? I received mine on the 131st day
                              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Ead

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                                What day are you on right now? I received mine on the 131st day
                                Day 132,still no response or letters from them.The last time they sent me a letter about a month before they sent the old EAD.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X