Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
    I got my interview notice. Interview is on Nov 23. Please wish me luck
    Dont u mean oct? They ussually send mail and interview is one month away, if you already have letter, it would mean, they let uknow two months prior...which doesn't happen , i dont think?

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Does it say "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"? OR does it say "Interview scheduled"?
      If it says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview", then hold off on the I-693 until your interview is scheduled. Atlanta has not finished interviewing 2017 filers. Just my 2 cents.
      It says ?Case is ready to be scheduled?. Thanks for the advice.I was already thinking of having my PE done next week.Good thing you gave an advice..I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zirconia View Post
        It says ?Case is ready to be scheduled?. Thanks for the advice.I was already thinking of having my PE done next week.Good thing you gave an advice..I appreciate it.
        You're welcome! I know it's not the exciting news you were hoping for BUT on the upside, you now know your file is not missing any required initial evidence. Once you get to the "case is ready to be scheduled" stage, a RFE is unlikely. If anything is missing, it will be dealt with during the interview; i.e., they would issue a RFE or NOID then - whichever is appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamerdancer42 View Post
          I applied sept 11th 2017, Atl field office and my status changed to interview scheduled on sept 14 th 2018!! So it took a year and couple days, since they received our application. Interview is oct 23rd!
          What time you have your interview on 23rd? I have also same day appointment at 2pm

Comment

• Originally posted by a.mujtaba View Post
            What time you have your interview on 23rd? I have also same day appointment at 2pm
            Wish it was at 2.. at 8am!! Way too early

Comment

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
              I got my interview notice. Interview is on Nov 23. Please wish me luck
              You do not need luck. What most people call luck is just the intersection between preparation and opportunity. The interview is your opportunity. Your job is to prepare. This thread contains several resources to stage your evidence for the interview (and when filing your initial AOS petition)

Comment

• Originally posted by Emt View Post
                Have they even started interviewing 2017 filers? I applied on November 21 2017 and no word for the interview. I?m thinking I?ll have to get another medical exam by the time interview comes.
                Top 2017 filer January 23rd and not even saying ready to be scheduled for an interview. So I don't know maybe they are working backwards from December 2017 up to January. Who knows at this point. Customer service doesnt even know. Infopass are also non existent at the ATL field office. Nothing is ever available for the next 14 days. I'll definitely need a new medical by the time my interview comes around if it ever does.
                (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
                12-15-16 SS card
                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
                04-24-17 EAD approved
                02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
                02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
                07-05-18 EAD approved
                12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
                12-06-18 Contacted Senator
                12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
                  Top 2017 filer January 23rd and not even saying ready to be scheduled for an interview. So I don't know maybe they are working backwards from December 2017 up to January. Who knows at this point. Customer service doesnt even know. Infopass are also non existent at the ATL field office. Nothing is ever available for the next 14 days. I'll definitely need a new medical by the time my interview comes around if it ever does.
                  On October 1st reach out to the Ombudsman and cite the document I gave you that states that USCIS interviews all k-1 AOS applications filed after on or after 04-17-17. Yours was filed before that date. Therefore, you qualify for an interview waiver. I.e., where is my greencard???

Comment

• New card is being produced

After 13 months - my forms were received sept 11th 2017, I am finally successfuly done with this process! So very happy and grateful to everyone, that helped here and my family, husband of course!

No lawyer was helping us along the way, no lawyer checked our intial paperwork and still everything was filed correctly, i didnt have a single bump on the this road.

Interview was this morning at 8am in Atlanta- ever since we got there, I had a good feeling (not only my husband and mother in law were my emotional support) - everyone from security to ppl , who checked us in were so friendly, smiling, it was a positive environment, nothing stresful! Our interviwing officer was the friendliest man ever, professional, chit chatting with husband, at the end looking thru our album, asking about our daughter! The whole interview took about 30 mins! We were called in right on time, sat together, it felt like a relaxed job interview.. sure, I was nervous, its serious stuff but I loved the process . We were never asked questions about the relationship - like everyone says on here, date of birth of wife etc., i suppose , because weve been married for 9 years...our IO didnt ask me for my passport, it was really more of a friendly converstaion, still serious though. We were approved and an hour later my status online changed to ?card is being produced?. Our IO told us, my card will arrive 2-3weeks and after 3 years, I can apply for citizenship, because weve been married since 2009. The letter, he handed us at the end , had a check mark next to - i recommed you for an approval.

Thank god for this great outcome and I wish everyone the same experience!!!
                    Last edited by Dreamerdancer42; 10-23-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

After 13 months - my forms were received sept 11th 2017, I am finally successfuly done with this process! So very happy and grateful to everyone, that helped here and my family, husband of course!

No lawyer was helping us along the way, no lawyer checked our intial paperwork and still everything was filed correctly, i didnt have a single bump on the this road.

Interview was this morning at 8am in Atlanta- ever since we got there, I had a good feeling (not only my husband and mother in law were my emotional support) - everyone from security to ppl , who checked us in were so friendly, smiling, it was a positive environment, nothing stresful! Our interviwing officer was the friendliest man ever, professional, chit chatting with husband, at the end looking thru our album, asking about our daughter! The whole interview took about 30 mins! We were called in right on time, sat together, it felt like a relaxed job interview.. sure, I was nervous, its serious stuff but I loved the process . We were never asked questions about the relationship - like everyone says on here, date of birth of wife etc., i suppose , because weve been married for 9 years...our IO didnt ask me for my passport, it was really more of a friendly converstaion, still serious though. We were approved and an hour later my status online changed to ?card is being produced?. Our IO told us, my card will arrive 2-3weeks and after 3 years, I can apply for citizenship, because weve been married since 2009. The letter, he handed us at the end , had a check mark next to - i recommed you for an approval.

Thank god for this great outcome and I wish everyone the same experience!!!
                      Congrats! It sucks that it took that long but at least it?s over. I applied in November 2017 and Atlanta is my field office but I haven?t gotten the interview yet. I hope I get an officer as friendly as yours.
                      Congrats again! Apply for a citizenship and vote!

Comment

• Originally posted by Emt View Post
                        Congrats! It sucks that it took that long but at least it?s over. I applied in November 2017 and Atlanta is my field office but I haven?t gotten the interview yet. I hope I get an officer as friendly as yours.
                        Congrats again! Apply for a citizenship and vote!
                        Thank u! The Atlanta field office gave me a good vibe! They were friendly, the security joking/laughing even bright & early , i think webwere the first ppl to go in@ 8am and thats def a plus. If you applied in Nov , thats two months after me, than im guessing, your interview will b in Dec! Good luck with your interview!!
                        Last edited by Dreamerdancer42; 10-24-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• My long nightmare continues

Filed in July 2017
                          Interviewed July 2018, told us they thought we had a bona fide marriage but that our medical exam was expired by 1 day (thanks to them taking forever to schedule the interview) and more requests regarding my wife's speeding tickets.
                          We sent those to them a day after getting the RFE in August
                          I finally got an alert in mid-September that they had received and were reviewing them
                          Here we are still waiting. This has been a complete mess.

Wife's EAD/AP expired October 10 but we sent off another I-765 and I-131 in late September

We have flights booked for Colombia for Christmas but unless we receive the green card in the next 2 months or her new AP we aren't going. $1500 in flights down the drain.

Really demoralizing.

We've spoken to an immigration attorney and he said there's nothing to do now but wait. Wife's a doctor and not knowing her legal employment status is so frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaver View Post
                            My long nightmare continues

Filed in July 2017
                            Interviewed July 2018, told us they thought we had a bona fide marriage but that our medical exam was expired by 1 day (thanks to them taking forever to schedule the interview) and more requests regarding my wife's speeding tickets.
                            We sent those to them a day after getting the RFE in August
                            I finally got an alert in mid-September that they had received and were reviewing them
                            Here we are still waiting. This has been a complete mess.

Wife's EAD/AP expired October 10 but we sent off another I-765 and I-131 in late September

We have flights booked for Colombia for Christmas but unless we receive the green card in the next 2 months or her new AP we aren't going. $1500 in flights down the drain.

Really demoralizing.

We've spoken to an immigration attorney and he said there's nothing to do now but wait. Wife's a doctor and not knowing her legal employment status is so frustrating.

So sorry, thats happening! This happened in Atlanta? It doesnt seem, that somebody?s speeding tickets would prevent them from getting a green card! Must b more. Unless you have been arrested, in jail or criminaly charged with any crime, she should b fine. Just my opinion. Its insane to wait this long, what exactly went wrong at the interview?

Comment

So sorry, thats happening! This happened in Atlanta? It doesnt seem, that somebody?s speeding tickets would prevent them from getting a green card! Must b more. Unless you have been arrested, in jail or criminaly charged with any crime, she should b fine. Just my opinion. Its insane to wait this long, what exactly went wrong at the interview?
                              nothing went wrong, my wife did her medical exam right before we filed in July of 2017 when the time frame for interviews was 6 months...it had expired by one day when we had our interview and they made said they had to do an RFE for that, and proof that my wife had paid a speeding ticket

Interviewer was friendly, everything went great, though she did say she was brand new so I am wondering if she doesn't know what she's doing

It's just messing with our livelihoods now and that is really pissing me off. We did an infopass when my wife's EAD was about to expire and they were the least helpful people I've ever encountered.

Luckily afterwards we called the national office and they were much more helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaver View Post
                                nothing went wrong, my wife did her medical exam right before we filed in July of 2017 when the time frame for interviews was 6 months...it had expired by one day when we had our interview and they made said they had to do an RFE for that, and proof that my wife had paid a speeding ticket

Interviewer was friendly, everything went great, though she did say she was brand new so I am wondering if she doesn't know what she's doing

It's just messing with our livelihoods now and that is really pissing me off. We did an infopass when my wife's EAD was about to expire and they were the least helpful people I've ever encountered.

Luckily afterwards we called the national office and they were much more helpful.
                                So sorry you're having to go through this! Do you remember your IO's name?

You still have 2 months before your scheduled travel so just hope you will hear something before then! Even if you don't receive her GC before you need to travel, if you get any notification from the online accounts that you've been approved then you can schedule an infopass and ask for I-551 stamp in her passport based on approval and tell them you can't wait for GC delivery because of upcoming travel plans.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X