Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had interview yesterday and so stressed

hello everyone. I file marriage base change of status in Sep2017, EAD combo received in Dec17. now yesterday Oct 23 was our interview day. My wife is US born citizen and a school teacher. The interviewer was so serious and flat face person. We were hoping to have a pleasant smiley person but our bad luck. We stepped in, he took our id and then my finger prints and picture afterward oath. He asked my name, residential address, my step children names and their dates of birth, my parents in law's names, he asked about entry stamp on my passport when I landed in USA. He asked when my wife's previous marriage got dissolved he completely forgot in and I replied I cant remember at the moment but it was 2012 or 2013 (actually it was 2014). He asked my wife my name and spelling of my name, then he asked her about my previous marriage that when I got married and got divorced? she answered by remembering with few mistakes which she realized at same moment and corrected herself. The IO asked me where's my divorce court decree? I told him about my country which is religious state where husband has right to divorce without intervention of any court. People only goes to court if a woman needs divorce or her husband is missing or left her more than 4 years, she can seek divorce from court but husband can divorce verbally or in written. So I handed him the copy of written divorce paper with English translation which I gave to my ex wife. He said as different countries has different laws so he needs to look into it. 2ndly he talked about my medical which got expired and he needed to confirm from department whether a new medical is required or not? He printed a statement from his computer and got my initials in the end of every line and full sign at the end. The question with answers were; my name, how many times I got married, have I ever got US visa refused, my ex wife's name and anything else if I want to say in my statement.
    We asked him if he needs any documents but he said unless if you want to submit. He said keep all originals and detailed documents because you (my and my wife) going to need them for form (I forgot the form name). We asked about photos as we had 150+ photos of different occasions but he said just pick 5 or 6. When we handed him photos he asked me about one picture that where this picture was captured? (it was me my wife and both step kids of mine in photo) Me and my wife start telling him about that visit. At this point the interview ended. He asked nothing about our marriage that where, when, how, why we got married etc. Since the interview ended my heart is pounding and still even after 36 hours I'm so nervous, scared, stressed... I don't know what they gonna do know... Do any of you have clue? please give me a sigh of relief

Comment

• Originally posted by doubledown View Post
      So sorry you're having to go through this! Do you remember your IO's name?

You still have 2 months before your scheduled travel so just hope you will hear something before then! Even if you don't receive her GC before you need to travel, if you get any notification from the online accounts that you've been approved then you can schedule an infopass and ask for I-551 stamp in her passport based on approval and tell them you can't wait for GC delivery because of upcoming travel plans.
      I don't remember her name. Young African American woman. Good looking out on the I-551.

I just want this over with. We have a baby on the way, so much stress in our lives right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaver View Post
        I don't remember her name. Young African American woman. Good looking out on the I-551.

I just want this over with. We have a baby on the way, so much stress in our lives right now.
        Look at the paper, they gave u after the interview with its results, where they put a cross next to the sentence, that applies to you. It says the IO?s name. I know mines name. Its there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamerdancer42 View Post
          Look at the paper, they gave u after the interview with its results, where they put a cross next to the sentence, that applies to you. It says the IO?s name. I know mines name. Its there.
          We never received a piece of paper.

However, I just got these updates:

On October 26, 2018, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY X. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

and

On October 26, 2018, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY , and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 25, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice.

So that means they FINALLY approved the I-130, but what does that mean witht he I-485?

Comment

• I have a question. My EAD is going to expire in Dec this year. I sent my i765 and i131 renewal in July 2018 but still I heard nothing about my renewal. Anyone has any idea how long it will take? My i485, 130 interview was conducted on Oct 23. what should I do beacause my driver?s license and work authorisation is going to expire in 1 and half month

Comment

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
              I have a question. My EAD is going to expire in Dec this year. I sent my i765 and i131 renewal in July 2018 but still I heard nothing about my renewal. Anyone has any idea how long it will take? My i485, 130 interview was conducted on Oct 23. what should I do beacause my driver?s license and work authorisation is going to expire in 1 and half month
              Have you received a receipt notice for the I-765? my wife took that up to the DMV and they seemed used to it, and automatically extended her license 6 months

Comment

Have you received a receipt notice for the I-765? my wife took that up to the DMV and they seemed used to it, and automatically extended her license 6 months
                Yes I received receipt notice. When your wife went to dmv office? Before expiration of her EAD or after expiration? If before, how long ago before expiry date?

Comment

Yes I received receipt notice. When your wife went to dmv office? Before expiration of her EAD or after expiration? If before, how long ago before expiry date?
                  like a week

Comment

• Help filing I-765, I-485

I have pending I-140 NIW. Now am applying for I-765, I-485 for EAD+AP. My wife had EAD as J2 visa status, her EAD application is pending now. What I can write in form I-765 now for pending NIW case:
                    1) Permission to accept employment? or Renewal of my permission to accept employment?
                    2) Have you previously filed Form I-765? (Do need to write yes and mention about EAD she has as J2 visa status)
                    3) Her category will be same as mine (c) (9) ?

Comment

like a week
                      oh my god I am so happy, see what we just received:

On October 29, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY X. We will mail your approval notice

if you are in Congressman Loudermilk's district I HIGHLY recommend reaching out to them if you have issues. It could be a coincidence but I reached out and within a week our case was moving!

Comment

oh my god I am so happy, see what we just received:

On October 29, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY X. We will mail your approval notice

if you are in Congressman Loudermilk's district I HIGHLY recommend reaching out to them if you have issues. It could be a coincidence but I reached out and within a week our case was moving!
                        Many congrats... for wt reasons you went to see congremen? My i485 marriage based petition interview was on oct 23. The field officer said he need to confirm whether I need a new medical exam or not, 2ndly he wanted to consult about divorce procedure of my country and he said they will mail me if any thing else is required. But still my status isn?t changed nor I receive any mail. Its really stressful...

Comment

I have a question. My EAD is going to expire in Dec this year. I sent my i765 and i131 renewal in July 2018 but still I heard nothing about my renewal. Anyone has any idea how long it will take? My i485, 130 interview was conducted on Oct 23. what should I do beacause my driver?s license and work authorisation is going to expire in 1 and half month
                          The I-797 for your renewal in combination with the expired EAD serve as proof of an automatic extension of your EAD for 180 days. https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension

Comment

Many congrats... for wt reasons you went to see congremen? My i485 marriage based petition interview was on oct 23. The field officer said he need to confirm whether I need a new medical exam or not, 2ndly he wanted to consult about divorce procedure of my country and he said they will mail me if any thing else is required. But still my status isn?t changed nor I receive any mail. Its really stressful...
                            We had countless delays and headaches with the Atlanta field office. They were incredibly unhelpful and inefficient. We got infopass appointments and they seemed to intentionally lead us astray until we called the National office and they were much more helpful. We had our interview in July and had a similar request as you: my wife's medical exam was expired by one day, and they needed to make sure my wife had paid all her speeding tickets. They sent us an RFE about two weeks after our interview, and we had everything ready to send off the day after we received it. It arrived at the office in the first week of August after we over-nighted it. It took until September 11th for them to send us a notification saying basically "we received your response to the RFE and are working on it." Then we heard radio silence for a month and a half.

At that time, I contacted an immigration lawyer who told me the following:

1) This current administration isn't just attempting to change immigration and "build the wall" but have made it clear that officers should drag their feet in these matters. That is why it has gone from 4-6 month process to a 12-??? month process to get a green card.

2) He told me there was nothing I could do except contact my Congressman or continue to call the National office to get any answers.

I was put in touch with Congressman Loudermilk's office through a lobbyist I know and his aide was extremely helpful. She reached out to USCIS on our behalf on October 25.

On October 26 I got an alert that our case was being "reopened". The attorney told me this meant they had CLOSED OUR FILE without telling us and denied the I-485 previously. This was likely done by mistake or incompetence. Regardless, that same day my I-130 was finally approved.

On Monday the 29th we got an alert saying out I-485 had been approved. Yesterday we got an alert saying our card had been mailed to us.

All in all, the reason we reached out to our congressman is that I could tell something screwy was going on. It was taking way too long between us sending our RFE and hearing nothing. We were also panicked because my wife's EAD/AP was expired and we were set to leave the country next month for vacation.

As for your case, I would stay on them but realize that they take a while to every (apparently) receive your RFE responses. Once they say they've received it, I would give em a week and then see if your congressman is willing to help.

Government efficiency at its finest.

Comment

We had countless delays and headaches with the Atlanta field office. They were incredibly unhelpful and inefficient. We got infopass appointments and they seemed to intentionally lead us astray until we called the National office and they were much more helpful. We had our interview in July and had a similar request as you: my wife's medical exam was expired by one day, and they needed to make sure my wife had paid all her speeding tickets. They sent us an RFE about two weeks after our interview, and we had everything ready to send off the day after we received it. It arrived at the office in the first week of August after we over-nighted it. It took until September 11th for them to send us a notification saying basically "we received your response to the RFE and are working on it." Then we heard radio silence for a month and a half.

At that time, I contacted an immigration lawyer who told me the following:

1) This current administration isn't just attempting to change immigration and "build the wall" but have made it clear that officers should drag their feet in these matters. That is why it has gone from 4-6 month process to a 12-??? month process to get a green card.

2) He told me there was nothing I could do except contact my Congressman or continue to call the National office to get any answers.

I was put in touch with Congressman Loudermilk's office through a lobbyist I know and his aide was extremely helpful. She reached out to USCIS on our behalf on October 25.

On October 26 I got an alert that our case was being "reopened". The attorney told me this meant they had CLOSED OUR FILE without telling us and denied the I-485 previously. This was likely done by mistake or incompetence. Regardless, that same day my I-130 was finally approved.

On Monday the 29th we got an alert saying out I-485 had been approved. Yesterday we got an alert saying our card had been mailed to us.

All in all, the reason we reached out to our congressman is that I could tell something screwy was going on. It was taking way too long between us sending our RFE and hearing nothing. We were also panicked because my wife's EAD/AP was expired and we were set to leave the country next month for vacation.

As for your case, I would stay on them but realize that they take a while to every (apparently) receive your RFE responses. Once they say they've received it, I would give em a week and then see if your congressman is willing to help.

Government efficiency at its finest.
                              Your such brief answer is really helpful and some how relieved me from stress. Now I see what options I can use.
                              Thanks brother

Comment

• Received RFE. How can I get the submission period extension

Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
                                Your such brief answer is really helpful and some how relieved me from stress. Now I see what options I can use.
                                Thanks brother
                                I received RFE today for some divorce documents from my country. Submission date is mentioned as Feb 11, 2019 where as I am afraid It could take few more days than the submission date. is that possible to gain more time like 20 or 25 more days just in case as precaution.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X