Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received RFE today for some divorce documents from my country. Submission date is mentioned as Feb 11, 2019 where as I am afraid It could take few more days than the submission date. is that possible to gain more time like 20 or 25 more days just in case as precaution. Please guide me if anyone knows some helpful information

Comment

• Atlanta Immigrations nightmare continues

Case update it's been 22+ months waiting on an interview from the Atlanta field office. This is just the wait to have an interview scheduled not a decision on my interview. Multiple SRs before and after they pushed all dates back 1-2 years on there website. For the record this is an adjustment from a K visa. Contacted Congressman at the 16 month mark. His response was that the case was under the Charleston Office jurisdiction. Got an infopass at the office in Montgomery AL(the same jurisdiction) the explained they couldn't help me and they have no idea why I came there. So shame on me. Finally got a response from a my third service request and it said they were waiting on a background check. Well I haven't left the country since arrival(no AP) so all my background checks from back home were clear and still valid or else I couldn't be issued my K visa to begin with. I've also been to this country before never overstayed or denied a visa or illegal entries nothing of the sorts. Attorney advices to do a FBI and local georgia records check which also came back clean. November 20th my attorney visited the Atlanta Office and inquired about my case supervisor explained that the case isnt in the atlanta office it's at the Charleston SC office and that my T file and A file need to be consolidated before they can move forward with my case. My Attorney got me an appointment at the Charleston SC office and printed some documents to take with me to the Infopass. That was today. When I got there I walked in an presented my documents. The officer didnt seem interested in reading the documents and ask "Just explain to me what your problem is." So I explained that I was told my case is in Charleston SC and I think it's a mistake because I've never lived in this area. The officer explained that the Charleston office, the Montgomery Office and the Atlanta office are under the same jurisdiction. If you remember earlier j went to the Montgomery office and they looked at me like I was a buffoon for even going there to get assistance but I digress. She continued to explain that Atlanta is sending files to the Charleston office because they are overloaded(as if us immigrants dont know that already) and I should feel privileaged that my case is in Charleston instead of Atlanta. I told her that from my understanding my T file and A files need to be consolidated before my case can move forward and it's been 22+ months. She asked where I did bear that about my T and A files I explained from a supervisor at the Atlanta field office who also said my case was at this office. The officer said and I quote "You shouldnt know about your T file and A files it's an internal things and giving you that information is just muddying the waters". After that no more help was provided to me and the officer said sorry that you came all this way for nothing.
      Is immigrations playing some sick joke on us immigrants at this point?
      Driving back to Atlanta now with an infopass scheduled for December 5th. The saga continues. If no decent information is given on the 5th a Mandamus Action will be pending. This is absolutely ridiculous.
      (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
      12-15-16 SS card
      02-16-17 Bio Walk in
      03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
      04-24-17 EAD approved
      02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
      02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
      02-23-18 Bio Walk in
      04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
      07-05-18 EAD approved
      12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
      12-06-18 Contacted Senator
      12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
        Case update it's been 22+ months waiting on an interview from the Atlanta field office. This is just the wait to have an interview scheduled not a decision on my interview. Multiple SRs before and after they pushed all dates back 1-2 years on there website. For the record this is an adjustment from a K visa. Contacted Congressman at the 16 month mark. His response was that the case was under the Charleston Office jurisdiction. Got an infopass at the office in Montgomery AL(the same jurisdiction) the explained they couldn't help me and they have no idea why I came there. So shame on me. Finally got a response from a my third service request and it said they were waiting on a background check. Well I haven't left the country since arrival(no AP) so all my background checks from back home were clear and still valid or else I couldn't be issued my K visa to begin with. I've also been to this country before never overstayed or denied a visa or illegal entries nothing of the sorts. Attorney advices to do a FBI and local georgia records check which also came back clean. November 20th my attorney visited the Atlanta Office and inquired about my case supervisor explained that the case isnt in the atlanta office it's at the Charleston SC office and that my T file and A file need to be consolidated before they can move forward with my case. My Attorney got me an appointment at the Charleston SC office and printed some documents to take with me to the Infopass. That was today. When I got there I walked in an presented my documents. The officer didnt seem interested in reading the documents and ask "Just explain to me what your problem is." So I explained that I was told my case is in Charleston SC and I think it's a mistake because I've never lived in this area. The officer explained that the Charleston office, the Montgomery Office and the Atlanta office are under the same jurisdiction. If you remember earlier j went to the Montgomery office and they looked at me like I was a buffoon for even going there to get assistance but I digress. She continued to explain that Atlanta is sending files to the Charleston office because they are overloaded(as if us immigrants dont know that already) and I should feel privileaged that my case is in Charleston instead of Atlanta. I told her that from my understanding my T file and A files need to be consolidated before my case can move forward and it's been 22+ months. She asked where I did bear that about my T and A files I explained from a supervisor at the Atlanta field office who also said my case was at this office. The officer said and I quote "You shouldnt know about your T file and A files it's an internal things and giving you that information is just muddying the waters". After that no more help was provided to me and the officer said sorry that you came all this way for nothing.
        Is immigrations playing some sick joke on us immigrants at this point?
        Driving back to Atlanta now with an infopass scheduled for December 5th. The saga continues. If no decent information is given on the 5th a Mandamus Action will be pending. This is absolutely ridiculous.
        The part that baffles me about your case is that you came on K-1. You were supposed to get your green card by mail A LONG TIME AGO. Now on the upside, it seems like they have some sort of central regional queue and they're scheduling cases at 3 different field offices, which in theory should make processing times faster for that region.

At this point, I would reach out to the same senator AND another senator. In addition, I would reach out to the Ombudsman AND the Office of the Inspector general. Why is a k-1 AOS case taking this long? There is no reason for it. You've been in the US for 2 years now. You're due for your 10 year green card - seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          The part that baffles me about your case is that you came on K-1. You were supposed to get your green card by mail A LONG TIME AGO. Now on the upside, it seems like they have some sort of central regional queue and they're scheduling cases at 3 different field offices, which in theory should make processing times faster for that region.

At this point, I would reach out to the same senator AND another senator. In addition, I would reach out to the Ombudsman AND the Office of the Inspector general. Why is a k-1 AOS case taking this long? There is no reason for it. You've been in the US for 2 years now. You're due for your 10 year green card - seriously.
          I keep telling this has to be some sick joke immigrations in Atlanta is playing on us. If they they are one jurisdiction you'd think one would be able to give answers about an inquiry that you have. Instead they are looking at you like you're crazy about or going there and tell you they cant help you. I did contact the congressman again let's see where that goes. The Atlanta office is still saying 30 months and present family based June 29 2016 so cant say out of status. There seems to be no logic to anything they are doing. If my case or anyone else case is somewhere else do they expect us to drive that far for the interview? That's just insane.
          Your baffled and I'm mind blown at this point. That's why this thread was made for Atlanta filers. The field office is not being cooperative and many of our cases are being held up or denied with no warnings or notices in the mail. If nothing comes of this I'm going to the next senator and filing a mandamus action. As for the Ombudsman same time I contacted the congressman I contacted the ombudsman he basically blew it off and said "Its in processing" which was 7 months ago. I have every single name of the agents I spoke with and the conversations documented. It's getting very interesting my friend.
          12-15-16 SS card
          02-16-17 Bio Walk in
          04-24-17 EAD approved
          02-23-18 Bio Walk in
          07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
            I keep telling this has to be some sick joke immigrations in Atlanta is playing on us. If they they are one jurisdiction you'd think one would be able to give answers about an inquiry that you have. Instead they are looking at you like you're crazy about or going there and tell you they cant help you. I did contact the congressman again let's see where that goes. The Atlanta office is still saying 30 months and present family based June 29 2016 so cant say out of status. There seems to be no logic to anything they are doing. If my case or anyone else case is somewhere else do they expect us to drive that far for the interview? That's just insane.
            Your baffled and I'm mind blown at this point. That's why this thread was made for Atlanta filers. The field office is not being cooperative and many of our cases are being held up or denied with no warnings or notices in the mail. If nothing comes of this I'm going to the next senator and filing a mandamus action. As for the Ombudsman same time I contacted the congressman I contacted the ombudsman he basically blew it off and said "Its in processing" which was 7 months ago. I have every single name of the agents I spoke with and the conversations documented. It's getting very interesting my friend.
            Setting up a regional queue is not a bad thing. It would be a step forward in the right direction. For example, the Helena Montana Field Office only processes about 50 AOS petitions per quarter. Then, not too far from there, you have field offices that are overloaded with 3000+ petitions per quarter. Traveling may be inconvenient but at least, this would make the process more fair for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Setting up a regional queue is not a bad thing. It would be a step forward in the right direction. For example, the Helena Montana Field Office only processes about 50 AOS petitions per quarter. Then, not too far from there, you have field offices that are overloaded with 3000+ petitions per quarter. Traveling may be inconvenient but at least, this would make the process more fair for everyone.
              Indeed but they arent informing us that the cases are moving. So how do we know when to consider the case out of status. Is it based on where it should be or where it actually is(we the clients dont know where it is because they arent sending notices saying the case moved.)? Like I said I was never notified officially by USCIS that they transferred my case. Even with the transfer, showing up to that field office clearly didnt help cause they looked at me like I'm a buffoon for coming to inquire about my case that's in their office.
              It's funny how this thread is called "Any filers from georgia? Share your experience!" yet I haven't received a message or anything from anyone in georgia dealing with issues. I find that hard to believe that I'm the only one jumping through hoops. That or people are just waiting to see what happens to my case before they post. Idk I dont think I can get worse than my case but who knows. Thanks for keeping up all the way from Minnesota. A regional que indeed would help but a regional que thats as helpful as just having one only and not being transparent with information is not helpful. It's still taking too long for most of us. I'll post another update after the infopass on the 5th.
              12-15-16 SS card
              02-16-17 Bio Walk in
              04-24-17 EAD approved
              02-23-18 Bio Walk in
              07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• So After my infopass yesterday got cancelled I got one today in Atlanta by luck I managed to get one for today. 7:15am got there got to the window just to be told "Its still pending that's all I can tell you". No its stuck in a background check nothing about my A-File or T-File just its pending.
                12-15-16 SS card
                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                04-24-17 EAD approved
                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Question about RFE

I have a question.
                  I divorced my ex wife in Jan 2017 in Pakistan and left the country, I got married here in USA in Aug 2017 and filed my 485. I received RFE for submission of divorce certificate. The certificate can’t be made of previous dates so They can issue me with fresh dates for example the date of effectiveness of divorce Dec2018. Would it be alright to submit to USCIS or do I must need the same dates on divorce certificate? Plz guide me if anyone could

Comment

• Make sure to read through the links on this hread to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

• Interview Notice

Hey All,

We received our interview notice email today for ATL field office. Our PD is late December 2017. We originally put my mom's address (Metro Detroit address) as a C/O due to us moving from one apartment to another. They screwed something up because when it was time to do the Biometrics, they scheduled it in Detroit. Anyways, we got the biometrics moved to Atlanta and changed our address to our current place. I think the biometrics was done some time in Feb/March 2018. Besides this little mishap, we've just been waiting for the notice.

This was F1 on OPT to marriage of a USC.

Best of luck everyone

Comment

• What month filers are getting their interviews scheduled

Please update the thread when you get your interviews scheduled. Thank you

Comment

• Georgia filers !!!

Hey 🍑 Peaches , why y’all not showing up ? 🙄 LoL

Ma’am or sir kindly share your experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post

Just waiting for everything...
                            (c)(9) - AOS, Current filing I130 I131 I485 I765, PD-12/21/18. Same-sex couple.

12/21/18 - AOS package delivered to Chicago office via FedEx.
                            01/03/19 - 4 NOAs received.
                            01/05/19 - Bio notification.
                            01/14/19 - Bio done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post

Just waiting like everyone else case is officially outside of normal processing times by 1 week according to their website. January 23rd will make 24 months waiting for an interview to be scheduled.
                              12-15-16 SS card
                              02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                              04-24-17 EAD approved
                              02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                              07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• How long one has to wait after submission of RFE?

Hi. I’m Atlanta GA filer of adjustment status. I have submitted evidence after receiving RFE, does anyone know how long do I will have to wait to get response from USCiS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X