Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
    Hi. I’m Atlanta GA filer of adjustment status. I have submitted evidence after receiving RFE, does anyone know how long do I will have to wait to get response from USCiS?

Usually it takes anywhere between a week to over 3 months . In my experience, it tooK about a week or less since I expedited my 131 which led to me receiving an RFE on my 485. Also, I sent the requested documents on the same day I received the letter

ATLANTA PD’s getting their interviews scheduled
    - - - Updated - - -

Someone on ******** from Atlanta with a PD of January 25th, 2018 got her interview scheduled on the 7th of January 2019.

Looking at the pace at which things are going, I’m positive that most February filers should be getting their interviews scheduled from next week .

Kindly update the thread if you hear anything.
    Last edited by Segun Victor; 01-11-2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Why is yours taking a long time !!

Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
      Just waiting like everyone else case is officially outside of normal processing times by 1 week according to their website. January 23rd will make 24 months waiting for an interview to be scheduled.

Hey, your case may be a unique and an usual one. I’m guessing it got something to do with your background check (it doesn’t mean you are part of the gang or on any most wanted list ). Senators and congress men do not have any jurisdiction in cases where the background check is stuck with FBI . All you can do is wait . On the brighter side, you would receive a 10 year green card if you are eventually scheduled for an interview. 🍻this is to hoping that your interview gets scheduled this year !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post
        Hey, your case may be a unique and an usual one. I’m guessing it got something to do with your background check (it doesn’t mean you are part of the gang or on any most wanted list ). Senators and congress men do not have any jurisdiction in cases where the background check is stuck with FBI . All you can do is wait . On the brighter side, you would receive a 10 year green card if you are eventually scheduled for an interview. 🍻this is to hoping that your interview gets scheduled this year !!
        And if it doesnt get scheduled this year I should just sit on my hands and be happy because I'm in America right?
        You're right it is a background check but last time I checked after 180 days according to a document within USCIS that they have to adjudicate the case and if anything is found after once the background check completes then the have to take action. Am I suppose to smile and wave like the penguins of Madagascar all day everyday for the next 7 years because the my FBI background check(Which my lawyer did aswell after they realized the case was taking way too long and no issues were found) is stuck in a limbo and people are saying nothing can be done? Do people really expect me or anyone else going through this nonsense to just smile and be happy because we are in America? We all dont come out of poverty or a war stricken area. How is it possible people lose more freedom coming to land of the "free" than they gain? We are paying social benefits and Medicare out of our salaries and we cant even use it for threat of denial of our residency/citizenship. Yet we must smile and wave and be happy to be in America. People are getting denied over unsent or lost RFEs/RFIEs and cant do anything about. You call a customer service line where they say you can reach a representative (if anyone knows the option to go directly to such a representative please share) yet it's a ton of automation to hear what's on USCIS.gov which is wrong because its saying a case of mine was received but it's been completed 5 months now I've had the AP document in hand yet it still says case received. It's unfair an adjust that non of us can do anything yet we must pay for the food stamps, section 8 and Medicare of Americans(yet we cant use any of those benefits for reasons stated above). If some Americans think they are treated like second class citizens what does that make us immigrants that are just trying to live our lives? Dirt? S#!t? Garbage? Because we sure are being treated as such. I guess S#!t really rolls down hill indeed.
        (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
        12-15-16 SS card
        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
        03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
        04-24-17 EAD approved
        02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
        02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
        04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
        07-05-18 EAD approved
        12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
        12-06-18 Contacted Senator
        12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Stay positive !!!

Another alternative is to contact the White House . The President’s internet page has a form that you could fill and they might look into it .

They did help me expedite my AP after I lost a relative. I got a call from a lady at the USCIS case resolution unit (cru) after I submitted my form on President Donald Trump’s page. It worked for me . Who knows, it might also work for you too.

Comment

• Atlanta filer here. Marriage Based
            PD: 2/22/2018
            Latest status: on 01/07/2019 we scheduled your interview for form I485.
            Waiting on the notice letter in the mail to know the date of the interview.
            I’m nervous and excited at the same time.
            June 2019 will be two years since our marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkflowers1982 View Post
              Atlanta filer here. Marriage Based

Holly molly . That’s a great leap. Hopefully they keep up with the pace.

Comment

• That's sound fantastic

What's the website name? Can you share the link?

Comment

• Originally posted by bethzly View Post
                  What's the website name? Can you share the link?
                  [QUOTE]
                  Here is the link to the website : https://www.whitehouse.gov/people/donald-j-trump/
                  [QUOTE]

here is the response I got after writing to the White House

Dear Mr. **** **** :

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your story with President Donald J. Trump. He is honored by the opportunity to serve you and the American people.

White House staff reviewed your correspondence and forwarded it to the appropriate Federal agency for further action. For additional information about the Federal government in the meantime, please visit www.USA.gov or call 1-800-FED-INFO.

Respectfully,

The Office of Presidential Correspondence

Comment

• Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post
                    Stay positive !!!

Another alternative is to contact the White House . The President’s internet page has a form that you could fill and they might look into it .

They did help me expedite my AP after I lost a relative. I got a call from a lady at the USCIS case resolution unit (cru) after I submitted my form on President Donald Trump’s page. It worked for me . Who knows, it might also work for you too.
                    I have AP the problem is the frequency in which I need to use AP is not worth it. My job requires me to travel domestically and internationally but I've been begging my job not to send me international for fear of getting denied re-entry. That job got fed up an fired me. I was fortunate enough to get another job and they are ok with the terms "FOR NOW". How long before they fire me too? Within 1 year I can use AP 180 times or more all job related. You cant tell me that a CBP officer wont be concerned with my frequency of exits and re-entries and deny me re-entry. Then I'll have to explain to my job that CBP denied me entry revoked my EAD and sorry but I guess this is me quitting without wanting to quit? Then be stranded where ever I'm coming back from. Only good thing is I dont need a visa to re-enter but with no job no work permit and no legal status to attempt to readjust status from what's the point? 24+ months waiting on an interview is unacceptable.
                    My marriage has been more than two years for awhile now unconditional vs conditional residency was never a concern of ours. Three years present in the US and none count towards my residency to apply for citizenship not one. Let me tell you story about being patient and positive: I worked for a company our last pay check received was December 2013. January and February I worked they kept saying we would get paid but we didnt. 7 months no salary and i did interview at a next place the November before that December that said they would call me for my start date(ofcourse i had a contingency plan). That company never called and it was a job I really wanted I turned down other jobs just for that one job that said they would call being "patient" for that call that never came. My landlord at the time knew I was going through hardship and told me dont worry if I miss rent. From January until June that year with no salary I didnt miss rent once but my savings finally ran out and I missed July and these good Christian(not like their faith means anything here) got pissed and called me the Devil and put me out on the street. That all happened while I was "positive" I'd get paid eventually and "patient" that phone call would come. Sad to say that phone call never came and I'm owed $20,000 in salary still to this day by a company declared bankrupt. Positive thinking and being patient only works when the people that can make something happen are making it happen. That can be yourself, a friend or whoever. If not it's like masturbation it only makes you feel good but doesnt change the reality that is.

Here's a link to that file that mandates USCIS to adjudicate a case stuck in FBI check:

Wouldnt hurt to try that link to the presidents people but with a government shutdown with no end in sight something tells me it will be another waste of time but some people believe in miracles so let's see if one will happen.
                    12-15-16 SS card
                    02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                    04-24-17 EAD approved
                    02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                    07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

Have you found out about your interview date ?

Anybody else got their interview scheduled?

Comment

• Infopasses no longer available in Atlanta. Unless its "a true emergency" they will cancel it. Only way to schedule one is via the you guessed it the Customer Service number where there is no prompt to speak to an actual person. Good luck everyone.
                        Last edited by Mascarade; 01-21-2019, 12:50 PM.
                        12-15-16 SS card
                        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                        04-24-17 EAD approved
                        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Any March/ April filer here ?

Are you guys getting your interview schools scheduled yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Artemiss
                            Hello I?m an Atlanta filer too.

Here is my timeline:
                            Concurrent filing I-485, I-130, I-765
                            Marriage based AoS
                            FO - Atlanta

09/14/18 - PD
                            09/23/18 - Text and Email recieved
                            09/28/18 - NoAs and Biometrics recieved
                            10/03/18 - Bio done
                            10/04/18 - Fingerprint review was completed (I-485, I-765)
                            01/23/19 - Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (I-485)

Welcome !!

Comment

• Originally posted by therealglory View Post
                              Hey All,

We received our interview notice email today for ATL field office. Our PD is late December 2017. We originally put my mom's address (Metro Detroit address) as a C/O due to us moving from one apartment to another. They screwed something up because when it was time to do the Biometrics, they scheduled it in Detroit. Anyways, we got the biometrics moved to Atlanta and changed our address to our current place. I think the biometrics was done some time in Feb/March 2018. Besides this little mishap, we've just been waiting for the notice.

This was F1 on OPT to marriage of a USC.

Best of luck everyone
                              Hi!! How long did you wait to get the interview notice after the status update? I got a notification saying they scheduled my interview on 1/18, it has been 10 days and I still haven't received the notice......
                              Last edited by AngelaPhelan; 01-28-2019, 01:56 PM.
                              PD - 3/2/2018
                              Biometrics - sometime in April
                              RFIE - 7/3
                              Response to RFE received - 7/16
                              Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                              EAD is being produced - 9/4
                              Combo card in hand - 9/11
                              Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                              Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Heyyy When did you receive your interview notice? we have pretty close PD
                                PD - 3/2/2018
                                Biometrics - sometime in April
                                RFIE - 7/3
                                Response to RFE received - 7/16
                                Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                                EAD is being produced - 9/4
                                Combo card in hand - 9/11
                                Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X