Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview rescheduled

We were supposed to have our interview scheduled for tomorrow 1/30/19. Received a text message from USCIS atlanta and it stated they will be rescheduling the interview due to "inclement weather conditions"

Jeez, Atlanta is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by therealglory View Post
      We were supposed to have our interview scheduled for tomorrow 1/30/19. Received a text message from USCIS atlanta and it stated they will be rescheduling the interview due to "inclement weather conditions"

Jeez, Atlanta is fun!
      Geez, it's not even snowing..
      PD - 3/2/2018
      Biometrics - sometime in April
      RFIE - 7/3
      Response to RFE received - 7/16
      Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
      EAD is being produced - 9/4
      Combo card in hand - 9/11
      Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Atlanta went from processing February 20 2017 back to December 28 2016 on family based adjustment of status. My case has been pending 24 months PD January 23 2017. On December 29th I sent a SR because I finally went out of normal processing times. They still haven't responded now it's back to December 28 2016. WTF
        (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
        12-15-16 SS card
        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
        03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
        04-24-17 EAD approved
        02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
        02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
        04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
        07-05-18 EAD approved
        12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
        12-06-18 Contacted Senator
        12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
          Atlanta went from processing February 20 2017 back to December 28 2016 on family based adjustment of status. My case has been pending 24 months PD January 23 2017. On December 29th I sent a SR because I finally went out of normal processing times. They still haven't responded now it's back to December 28 2016. WTF
          Oh noooo so sorry.
          I?m an ATL filer and my PD is 2/22/2017. Interview on 02/14. I hope you get your interview soon.

Comment

• PD Atlanta 2017

Hi guy

My I-485 is based on USC Marriage (Same-sex) in Atlanta. here is my dates.

End of December 2017 - PD (I-495, I-765, I-130) I didn't file for combo because I was told that it will takes longer.
            April 2018 - raised to congressman- financial hardship: my previous I-765 was about to expire, then Received EAD 2 weeks after contacting congressman
            End of December 2018 - Interview scheduled

My interview was scheduled on 1/29/19. ON 1/29/19, I didn't even see a single drop of rain/snow on the ground and whole city decided to shut down. USCIS opened late at 10am. I was worried my interview might be rescheduled, but I was called for interview after 45 minutes of waiting.

Brief summary of my interview: I was interviewed with training officer and supervisor. Training Officer asked simple questions (name, birthday, family's name), then officer asked same questions 13 times. Supervisor officer gave me "held for review" letter on the spot. I felt like it was unfair because training officer didn't know what to do and she didn't even look at any of evidence I brought. ( Lots of pictures, joint House deed, joint bank account, joint gym membership, both names on dog adoption and several others).

Does anyone know about held for review? It says it will take up to 120 days to make a decision. Does anyone know how long it will take? Any experiences?

Thanks y'all and good luck!

Comment

• PD Atlanta 2017

Hi

My I-485 is based on USC Marriage (Same-sex) in Atlanta. here is my dates.

End of December 2017 - PD (I-495, I-765, I-130) I didn't file for combo because I was told that it will takes longer.
              April 2018 - raised to congressman- financial hardship: my previous I-765 was about to expire, then Received EAD 2 weeks after contacting congressman
              End of December 2018 - Interview scheduled

My interview was scheduled on 1/29/19. ON 1/29/19, I didn't even see a single drop of rain/snow on the ground and whole city decided to shut down. USCIS opened late at 10am. I was worried my interview might be rescheduled, but I was called for interview after 45 minutes of waiting.

Brief summary of my interview: I was interviewed with training officer and supervisor. Training Officer asked simple questions (name, birthday, family's name), then officer asked same questions 13 times. Supervisor officer gave me "held for review" letter on the spot. I felt like it was unfair because training officer didn't know what to do and she didn't even look at any of evidence I brought. ( Lots of pictures, joint House deed, joint bank account, joint gym membership, both names on dog adoption and several others).

Does anyone know about held for review? It says it will take up to 120 days to make a decision. Does anyone know how long it will take? Any experiences?

Thanks y'all and good luck!

Comment

• Sounds like they need to do more digging into your case before they grant you residency. It could take less or more than their 120 days stated. Everything is at their discretion. You want to talk about unfair. I've been waiting 24 months to be scheduled for an interview and everyone including you that applied after me has gotten interviews. Twice my case has gone out of normal processing times raised numerous SRs and they just adjusted the the times accordingly to place it back into normal processing time. USCIS refuses to respond to the Senator and Congressman inquires as to why my case is taking this long. I'm a January 23rd 2017 filer and you're an entire 11 months after me and got an interview. Called Customer Service today for them to just tell me my case is within normal processing time because online shows latest Family based is January 1st 2017. By the time I comes around to my date again it will be 27 months waiting for an interview. So let's just so you shouldnt feel like they were being unfair because your case got handled before it was due according to their online website. 26+ months held in review without an interview is unfair. Not just for me but the countless people that this has happened to and we cant do anything about it because we are being held based on background checks taking longer than expected and no Congressman, Senator, Ombudsman or President can help with the matter because let them tell it "Its a matter of National Security". Give me a F'n break people.

Good luck
                12-15-16 SS card
                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                04-24-17 EAD approved
                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Atl Filers//

iler December 2k18
                  Hey Guys i am new to this forum but here is my TL so far: Caregory: c9. I was a F1 student. in 2016 i applied for asylum . I havent got an interview yet, therefore i still have my 2 year work permit.. In march 2018 i got Married. July 16 2018: Applied for i 130. However i didnt know i could have done i 485 at the same time. December 14 2018: Applied for i 485, case was received. December 28: RFE was mailed(forgot to include my own tax transcript since i work). December 30: i130 approved January 8: Rfe received by uscis. January 13: fingerprint review was completed January 14: Courtesy I 693. No more update so far, i will keep letting you know guys. i renewed my work permit from the asylum case as well but i have not applied for a permit based on my AOS status(FYI). i am filing from ATL GA . and i check my status from myuscis.gov/account. The app dont work for my cases.use the website for better accuracy. Thank you guys

Comment

• Welcome. My work permit based on my adjustment of status was only valid for a year. I'm on my second and about to renew for a third time. I hope you get your interview and approval soon.
                    12-15-16 SS card
                    02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                    04-24-17 EAD approved
                    02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                    07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
                      Welcome. My work permit based on my adjustment of status was only valid for a year. I'm on my second and about to renew for a third time. I hope you get your interview and approval soon.
                      Hello. Are you in ATL?
                      I?m in Atlanta and my interview is scheduled for Thursday this week. My PD date is 02/22/2018. Could it be background check issues with your case?

Comment

• That's what they are saying but I have no arrest record, I didnt enter the country illegally, never over stayed a visa(dont even require one to visit), I dont come from an area of high risk people. My name isn't Arabic(nothing meant against any muslims in the forum I just know that USCIS treats you different for unknown reasons which I find unfair). Only studied on an M1 visa back in 2010 and the school forgot to take me out of the SEVIS system after I was finished. How I know is because revisiting in 2011 they put me in the room and the officer was "why are you in here?" I shrugged then he explained that the school didnt take me out the SEVIS system told me all is good and get out. That happened twice then all the officer saw it and called the school. That visa expired 2015. Was rough to deal with but if I did anything or had red flags it wouldve posted during my background check for the K1 fiancee visa and I wouldve gotten denied then. Its not an overstay because how can I still be in the country with CBP stamping me in and out during that period.
                        25 month background check is some BS for someone that hasn't done anything wrong. The aggravating part for me is that if my house gets broken into and I beat the person to a pulp that's assualt which is a felony and grounds for denial. Not to mention if I'm in the wrong Uber/Lyft and get pulled over and this driver has more weed than a coffee shop in Amsterdam on him or a gun. I'll be liable too which are all grounds for denial. 25 months keeping an extremely low profile is getting very difficult. My luck might run out before my approval. This is Atlanta after all people. Nothing I said is out of the scope of possibilities.
                        12-15-16 SS card
                        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                        04-24-17 EAD approved
                        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Atlanta filer - Married to a USC

Hello..I just want to share with you an update on my case..I received a text message and email from USCIS last February 12, 2019 informing me that my case has been scheduled for interview and wait for the notice in the mail.Today, I got my notice of interview which is scheduled on March 21, 2019.

My timeline:
                          Filed I-485, I-130, I-864,I-131,I-765
                          PD- April 27,2018
                          May 31, 2018- Biometrics done
                          September 5, 2018- Received my EAD card
                          February 15, 2019- Received Notice of Interview
                          Last edited by Zirconia; 02-16-2019, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• ATL Nov 2018

ATL Nov 2018 Filer

I Filed Nov 27 2018
                            Biometrics Jan 9 2019
                            Fingerprint Review was completed Jan 13 2019

That's all I've got so far, what other people's experience? especially with ATL?

Comment

• ATL Upcoming Interview 2/26

I've got an interview coming up next Tuesday, will keep y'all updated in this thread!
                              PD - 3/2/2018
                              Biometrics - sometime in April
                              RFIE - 7/3
                              Response to RFE received - 7/16
                              Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                              EAD is being produced - 9/4
                              Combo card in hand - 9/11
                              Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                              Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
                                I've got an interview coming up next Tuesday, will keep y'all updated in this thread!
                                Good luck...Keep us posted..God bless.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X