Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealglory View Post
    had interview 3/13/19

Hello All,

We had our interview yesterday. Everything went pretty smooth. The officer told us that our original officer wasn't in the office yet so she would be conducting our interview. Our appointment was 8:00am.

Long story short, nothing extraneous. Basic questions like how we met, where we have traveled to, etc...

At the end of the interview we didn't get any papers or anything. She said we should hear something within the next month or so.

PD December 2017
    Hey! Have you got any updates since your interview?
    PD - 3/2/2018
    Biometrics - sometime in April
    RFIE - 7/3
    Response to RFE received - 7/16
    Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
    EAD is being produced - 9/4
    Combo card in hand - 9/11
    Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
    Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post

Hey! Have you got any updates since your interview?
      Yesterday the case was updated from "Interview Scheduled" to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed"

I'll post back when it gets updated again.

Best to you.

Comment

• Status changed to card is being produced. Now the only issue is that we're moving at the end of this month. I hope it comes before hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealglory View Post
          Status changed to card is being produced. Now the only issue is that we're moving at the end of this month. I hope it comes before hand.
          Congratulations! I'm sure it'll come in a week or so. I had my interview on 2/26, they needed my Birth Certificate notarial, and I sent it in over 2 weeks ago. I hope they'll approve me soon!
          PD - 3/2/2018
          RFIE - 7/3
          Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
            How long one has to wait after submission of RFE?

Hi. I’m Atlanta GA filer of adjustment status. I have submitted evidence after receiving RFE, does anyone know how long do I will have to wait to get response from USCiS?
            Hey friend! Have you heard anything back from Atlanta field office after you sent in the RFE response? Approval? How long did it take? Or are you still waiting?
            PD - 3/2/2018
            RFIE - 7/3
            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Congratulations! I'm sure it'll come in a week or so. I had my interview on 2/26, they needed my Birth Certificate notarial, and I sent it in over 2 weeks ago. I hope they'll approve me soon!
              I hope they approve you soon too. They are awfully slow here in ATL.

We received the GC on Friday so our journey here is done. After 1.5 years it is nice to have this worry off of our plate. Best of luck Angela!

Comment

• I am in atlanta as well.. Filed in march.. long way to go
                09/19/2019 - Case Approved i130 & i485
                06/28/2021 - i-751 sent via UPS
                07/02/2021 - Check was cashed & got receipt number starting SRC
                07/06/2021 - Received 18 months extension in mail
                08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received
                11/20/2021 - Received 24 months extension in mail

Comment

• Atlanta filer here. If you go through all my post you'll see my frustration with this entire ordeal. I filed adjustment of status from a K1 on January 23 2017. I have not received any RFEs or RFIEs. No interview scheduled to this day. Atlanta pushed back dates and multiple times but as of today it states they are dealing with November 2017 cases. I've been to the Congressman no response ever. Dealing with the Senator they are just telling him please check back in 15-20 days. No response from the Ombudsman since filing a complaint with them 2 months ago. Multiple infopasses with no explanation given. Today received another response from the Senators office stating "USCIS records confirm that your constituent’s case is still pending at this time. We are unable to determine when the review process will be completed. Please follow up in approximately 15 to 20 days for an update.
                  We appreciate you and your constituent’s patience. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."

Am I under investigation for marriage fraud or something? Never over stayed a Visa and I have no criminal record and I'm not from a flagged country. This is absolutely absurd.
                  (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
                  12-15-16 SS card
                  02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                  03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
                  04-24-17 EAD approved
                  02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
                  02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
                  02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                  04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
                  07-05-18 EAD approved
                  12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
                  12-06-18 Contacted Senator
                  12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
                    Atlanta filer here. If you go through all my post you'll see my frustration with this entire ordeal. I filed adjustment of status from a K1 on January 23 2017. I have not received any RFEs or RFIEs. No interview scheduled to this day. Atlanta pushed back dates and multiple times but as of today it states they are dealing with November 2017 cases. I've been to the Congressman no response ever. Dealing with the Senator they are just telling him please check back in 15-20 days. No response from the Ombudsman since filing a complaint with them 2 months ago. Multiple infopasses with no explanation given. Today received another response from the Senators office stating "USCIS records confirm that your constituent’s case is still pending at this time. We are unable to determine when the review process will be completed. Please follow up in approximately 15 to 20 days for an update.
                    We appreciate you and your constituent’s patience. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."

Am I under investigation for marriage fraud or something? Never over stayed a Visa and I have no criminal record and I'm not from a flagged country. This is absolutely absurd.
                    Is it possible to re-file?
                    PD - 3/2/2018
                    RFIE - 7/3
                    Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Atlanta filer here. If you go through all my post you'll see my frustration with this entire ordeal. I filed adjustment of status from a K1 on January 23 2017. I have not received any RFEs or RFIEs. No interview scheduled to this day. Atlanta pushed back dates and multiple times but as of today it states they are dealing with November 2017 cases. I've been to the Congressman no response ever. Dealing with the Senator they are just telling him please check back in 15-20 days. No response from the Ombudsman since filing a complaint with them 2 months ago. Multiple infopasses with no explanation given. Today received another response from the Senators office stating "USCIS records confirm that your constituent’s case is still pending at this time. We are unable to determine when the review process will be completed. Please follow up in approximately 15 to 20 days for an update.

Also processing time is 12-18 months for atlanta now, did you already file a service request or case inquiry?
                      PD - 3/2/2018
                      RFIE - 7/3
                      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• I've had horrible experiences here in Atlanta.
                        On our green card interview our officer had an emergency so we got a last minute officer that just went over our case real fast...

Then our case got approved after 3 days, then a higher officer reopened the case and denied it 2 months later.

The officer DENIED it WITHOUT an RFE or warning... our case was FILE IN 2017. The agency's rule say that cases filed before the end of 2018 still need an RFE.
                        Basically we didn't get our officer, someone had to rush our case and they broke the rules (applied a rule that USCIS says clearly only applies to new cases since the rule went into effect) to deny our case...

Now our lawyer says our only option is the motion to appeal, which is ridiculous because there will be no work permit for 2 years while the case is reviewed!
                        I'm sure they don't care about me, but they are hurting my american born wife the most, as I am the only one working in our household...
                        We are just lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue39 View Post
                          I've had horrible experiences here in Atlanta.
                          On our green card interview our officer had an emergency so we got a last minute officer that just went over our case real fast...

Then our case got approved after 3 days, then a higher officer reopened the case and denied it 2 months later.

The officer DENIED it WITHOUT an RFE or warning... our case was FILE IN 2017. The agency's rule say that cases filed before the end of 2018 still need an RFE.
                          Basically we didn't get our officer, someone had to rush our case and they broke the rules (applied a rule that USCIS says clearly only applies to new cases since the rule went into effect) to deny our case...

Now our lawyer says our only option is the motion to appeal, which is ridiculous because there will be no work permit for 2 years while the case is reviewed!
                          I'm sure they don't care about me, but they are hurting my american born wife the most, as I am the only one working in our household...
                          We are just lost.
                          They denied your case without saying why?? Were you guys missing some documents or proof of marriage or anything like that?
                          PD - 3/2/2018
                          RFIE - 7/3
                          Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Also processing time is 12-18 months for atlanta now, did you already file a service request or case inquiry?
                            Filed multiple service request they all say exactly what I said in my post. They either dont respond or just say "Unable to determine when the review process will be completed". Ombudsman responded today saying they are backed up and it might take awhile before they get to check on my case. Unable to refile. K1 expired February 5th 2017. Hence why I stated K1. I have no basis to refile on. 12-18 give me a break I've been waiting 3 years now!
                            12-15-16 SS card
                            02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                            04-24-17 EAD approved
                            02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                            07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

Filed multiple service request they all say exactly what I said in my post. They either dont respond or just say "Unable to determine when the review process will be completed". Ombudsman responded today saying they are backed up and it might take awhile before they get to check on my case. Unable to refile. K1 expired February 5th 2017. Hence why I stated K1. I have no basis to refile on. 12-18 give me a break I've been waiting 3 years now!
                              Holy crap this is beyond unbelievable....people like us pay their salary and they have no respect towards us!
                              PD - 3/2/2018
                              RFIE - 7/3
                              Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Holy crap this is beyond unbelievable....people like us pay their salary and they have no respect towards us!
                                Yea, just filed my third work authorization and advanced parole renewal in March. Let's hope they get to me in time. January 23rd 2017 and still waiting it really is unbelievable. Yes I've always had a lawyer since day 1 of filing. I can only guess he got denied to to the US spouse not working and if she was the legal signer on the affidavit then she failed to live up to her requirement of financially being capable of supporting him. I'm just waiting for my denial in the mail or on interview day as well whichever comes first.
                                12-15-16 SS card
                                02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                                04-24-17 EAD approved
                                02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                                07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X