Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switch from pending L1 Extension to Adjustment of Status via Diversity Visa Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch from pending L1 Extension to Adjustment of Status via Diversity Visa Lottery

Hello,

Can someone please tell me if I am eligible to adjust status pending case on L1 Extension to Diversity Visa green card?
    I asked many lawyers they all have two different opinions. I even went to USCIS itself, but those people are completely unprofessional and incompetent.
    Is there a clear statement anywhere in the USCIS policy manuals or in INA 243 which clearly states that I can do it or not?

And I also want to understand how long does it take from the day I submit the adjustment of status application on my DV case till the interview at USCIS (NYC)?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Faithfully yours,
    Marina

Originally posted by marisabellem View Post
    Hello,

Can someone please tell me if I am eligible to adjust status pending case on L1 Extension to Diversity Visa green card?
    I asked many lawyers they all have two different opinions. I even went to USCIS itself, but those people are completely unprofessional and incompetent.
    Is there a clear statement anywhere in the USCIS policy manuals or in INA 243 which clearly states that I can do it or not?

And I also want to understand how long does it take from the day I submit the adjustment of status application on my DV case till the interview at USCIS (NYC)?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Faithfully yours,
    Marina
    If your previous L1 status has already expired, and have an extension of status pending, you can file AOS, but they will defer processing of it until your extension of status is approved. If your extension of status is denied, you cannot do AOS. This delay may potentially cause you problems as for DV you must complete the process before the end of the fiscal year.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      If your previous L1 status has already expired, and have an extension of status pending, you can file AOS, but they will defer processing of it until your extension of status is approved. If your extension of status is denied, you cannot do AOS. This delay may potentially cause you problems as for DV you must complete the process before the end of the fiscal year.
      Thank you very much newacct. God bless you! By any chance, do you know if there is a link to the law which clearly states this?
      Thanks a lot again!
      Sincerely,
      Marina

Comment

Originally posted by marisabellem View Post
        Thank you very much newacct. God bless you! By any chance, do you know if there is a link to the law which clearly states this?
        Thanks a lot again!
        Sincerely,
        Marina
        I got it from this section from the USCIS policy manual.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          I got it from this section from the USCIS policy manual.
          Thank you very much newacct. You saved me from making the wrong life changing decision. Unlike about 50 lawyers who I have discussed this issue with, you are the only person who gave me a professional advice with direct reference to the law.
          Wish you all the best and i hope that life will pay you back for your good deeds!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X