Clear All

• Are there any jobs or places that don't require a SSN? Please help

Here is my timeline so far;
    Date Mailed: 01/18/2018
    Date Received/Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Received Text/Emails: 01/29/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Received Biometrics Letter: 02/08/2018

I'm getting bored and need a job. I applied to volunteer at some organizations but some required SSN. I'm overwhelmed and anxious because I don't know how to go about navigating myself into finding a job or something to do that would help me into the work environment. I feel depressed because my husband nags at me all the time for not trying to help him financially . Sometimes I wonder if I would have the strength to continue with this AOS process. Someone please help with any advice or experience.

Originally posted by yutoo View Post

I'm getting bored and need a job. I applied to volunteer at some organizations but some required SSN. I'm overwhelmed and anxious because I don't know how to go about navigating myself into finding a job or something to do that would help me into the work environment. I feel depressed because my husband nags at me all the time for not trying to help him financially . Sometimes I wonder if I would have the strength to continue with this AOS process. Someone please help with any advice or experience.
    Assuming you don't have a status that allows work now, you can't legally work until you have gotten an EAD or a green card.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Assuming you don't have a status that allows work now, you can't legally work until you have gotten an EAD or a green card.
      I'm in the same boat. I think she's asking about side jobs that don't require SSN. I was thinking of selling thrift stuff on eBay
      Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
      Priority Date: 01/22/2018
      Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
      Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
      Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
      EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
      EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
      SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
      GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
      Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
      I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
      GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Find your local Hare Krishna temple and volunteer there!
        They don't require SSN and offer free breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day!!!!

It's saving my life!

Comment

How about dog walker? Task rabbit? You could up ads at nearby coffee shops. You could tutor if there are subjects you feel you are good at. If your first language is not English, maybe you could get paid to converse with non-native speakers interested in improving their language skills. That last one will likely mean running all the way to the local college/university and posting adds with your email and phone number. You could help those students do their homework.

Go on meetup.com and you?ll find groups of people who meet regularly to practice their language skills. You won?t make any money off them but it will get you out of the house.

Best of luck! Hang in there. It DOES get better.

Comment

Try get a job offer and then you can expedite your EAD

Comment

same situation here

I got into depression with the same situation as yours. Actually mine is worse, my husband has all his paper, ID expired for years, also years taxes un-filed , we started working on it 1 year ago. I've been stuck at home for 1+ year and this year I got really depressed trying to find something to do everyday, but nothing really last long.
              Anyway, I think you should talk your husband first, let him understand your feelings, and maybe try sth to sell online, or do pet sitter in the neighborhood.
              Just be strong , everything will be better!

Comment

I just recently turned 18, and being at home is a struggle my mom is always on me about how I dont do good enough around the house and I just want to work and move out as soon as possible being at home is emotionally draining me I graduated highschool but I'm not sure where I'm at with my immigration status I have no birth certificate and without that no ID or social security is there a way that I can work ?I've tried applying to jobs but when it comes to my social security or any form of ID Its a dead end, Or somome I can go to for help on getting a green card ? Please I need help soon I want to be independent I really don't wanna be at home anymore it's driving me crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny.esme View Post
                  I just recently turned 18, and being at home is a struggle my mom is always on me about how I dont do good enough around the house and I just want to work and move out as soon as possible being at home is emotionally draining me I graduated highschool but I'm not sure where I'm at with my immigration status I have no birth certificate and without that no ID or social security is there a way that I can work ?I've tried applying to jobs but when it comes to my social security or any form of ID Its a dead end, Or somome I can go to for help on getting a green card ? Please I need help soon I want to be independent I really don't wanna be at home anymore it's driving me crazy
                  This thread is several years old and your question is different. You should start a new thread. But you're going to have to have some clue as to how you guys came to the US in order for anyone to know where to start.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yeah of course, right outside home depot lmao

My timeline so far:
                    PD 06/30/2020. Chicago field office.

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC.
                    -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
                    -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
                    -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
                    -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
                    -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
                    -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
                    -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
                    -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
                    -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
                    -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
                    -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually.
                    -11/23/2020: USCIS files another E-Request for biometrics.
                    -12/04/2020: USCIS confirms biometrics appointment has been scheduled and letter with details is in the mail already.
                    -12/05/2020: Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 21st 2020.
                    -12/21/2020: Biometrics taken.
                    -12/22/2020: Biometrics applied to cases.
                    -12/29/2020: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                    -02/26/2021: Interview has been scheduled. Letter in the mail already.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X