Divorce during a pending status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce during a pending status

I have a suspicion that my wife is trying to get a divorce. I am an October filer and I have not even gotten my work permit yet. Before applying to adjustment of status, I had a student visa. I could not go to class this semester because of financial hardship so my SEVIS had to be cancelled. If indeed she tries to divorce me, can I regain my student status back? Or would that mean no matter what that I would have to leave?

I appreciate your support on this time of heavy anxiety
    Oct 25th - Package Delivered
    Nov 3rd - Checks Cashed
    Nov 5th - Received text and emails for all three cases
    Nov 10th - Receive Letters (Priority Date October 26th)
    Nov 16th - Received Biometrics Appointment
    Nov 29th - Biometrics completed (No case tracker updates)
    Feb 12th - service request
    Mar 25th - Still working on tour case nothing to be updated message
    Apr 11th - RFE letter
    Apr 25th - RFE delivered to USCIS
    May 24th - EAD acceptance email
    June 1st - EAD delivered

Originally posted by Baspill0 View Post
    I have a suspicion that my wife is trying to get a divorce. I am an October filer and I have not even gotten my work permit yet. Before applying to adjustment of status, I had a student visa. I could not go to class this semester because of financial hardship so my SEVIS had to be cancelled. If indeed she tries to divorce me, can I regain my student status back? Or would that mean no matter what that I would have to leave?

Unlikely you would be allowed to get you F-1 back because by filing AOS you have shown immigrant intent and also since you have financial hardship and cant pay for school. Your best course of action is to talk to your wife and resolve your differences. If that fails you then you have no options left but to try to reinstate your status but its unlikely to succee.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
      Unlikely you would be allowed to get you F-1 back because by filing AOS you have shown immigrant intent and also since you have financial hardship and cant pay for school. Your best course of action is to talk to your wife and resolve your differences. If that fails you then you have no options left but to try to reinstate your status but its unlikely to succee.
      Ok. Well I have not declared economic hardship. This is killing me.
      Oct 25th - Package Delivered
      Nov 3rd - Checks Cashed
      Nov 5th - Received text and emails for all three cases
      Nov 10th - Receive Letters (Priority Date October 26th)
      Nov 16th - Received Biometrics Appointment
      Nov 29th - Biometrics completed (No case tracker updates)
      Feb 12th - service request
      Mar 25th - Still working on tour case nothing to be updated message
      Apr 11th - RFE letter
      Apr 25th - RFE delivered to USCIS
      May 24th - EAD acceptance email
      June 1st - EAD delivered

Comment

Sorry to hear about this but what I can say is that, do everything possible to prevent your wife from filling the divorce. Because if she files the divorce, you can not reinstate your F1 status. All u have to do is to go back to your country and try everything again. But I know you?re aware that ain?t gonna be easy. You can?t reinstate your F1 status.

Comment

How long have u guys been married? I think the best thing to do is to work on your relationship. That is the most important thing.
          Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
          Priority Date: 01/22/2018
          Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
          Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
          Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
          Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
          EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
          EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
          SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
          GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
          Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
          I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
          GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

I'm very very sorry this is happening to you. Keep calm, breathe, and have a transparent conversation with your wife.

I'd suggest contacting a lawyer. They probably have someone you can talk to at your school regarding coming back on student visa if you need to.

You are not alone. People are out there to help you.

If marriage ends in divorce, at least having talked to someone at school will give you fresh perspective.

Keep breathing and don't let it kill you.

You are stronger than this!!!!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X