No announcement yet.

i-485 with 245A attached what proof do i need to submit if they lost my i-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-485 with 245A attached what proof do i need to submit if they lost my i-130

Hello to all,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your experience on this forum. My question is this, I came to the USA in 1983 w/out inspection, my mother filed I-130 for me in 1989 but since I moved I lost track of it, then in 1991 my mother filed for a I-817 which granted me a work permit and a social security card. Now I would like to get sponsored by my 23yr old son so I have filed the I-130. Once approved I am planning to file the I-485 with the 245I, i have the original proof of my initial I130 back from 1989 but according to immigration they do not have a record of my initial application nor the I-817, will the documents I have stamped by them in 1989 be sufficient to be eligible to adjust status under the 245I? has anyone had anything similar to my case happen?

Originally posted by erikag812 View Post
    Hello to all,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your experience on this forum. My question is this, I came to the USA in 1983 w/out inspection, my mother filed I-130 for me in 1989 but since I moved I lost track of it, then in 1991 my mother filed for a I-817 which granted me a work permit and a social security card. Now I would like to get sponsored by my 23yr old son so I have filed the I-130. Once approved I am planning to file the I-485 with the 245I, i have the original proof of my initial I130 back from 1989 but according to immigration they do not have a record of my initial application nor the I-817, will the documents I have stamped by them in 1989 be sufficient to be eligible to adjust status under the 245I? has anyone had anything similar to my case happen?
    Yes the biggest issue you might have is to show that you were physically present on in the US on 12/21/2000.

Comment

Did you do a FOIA request?

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
        Yes the biggest issue you might have is to show that you were physically present on in the US on 12/21/2000.
        That's only necessary for people whose petition was filed between January 14, 1998 and April 30, 2001. For people whose petition was filed before 1998, they don't have to prove physical presence on any date.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X