Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Initial Evidence Doubt

Hello Everybody

this is my first post here so I hope you guys help me, first of all I want to say that english isnt my first language so I apologize if sometime I sound rude.

Today I receive by mail a request for initial evidence, they ask for 2 things:

* Submit an english translation with the applicant's foreign birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority.

I sent my birth certificate, does that mean that there is something wrong with the translation?

* Submit all supporting tax documentation (w2,10991 form 2555, and all suporting tax schedules)

When i mail the form I-864 I've include all that information for the past 5 years of taxtation

And also says: Based on the documents submitted with form i-864 the income did not meet de 125% of the poverty guideline.

the Total anual income is 39052 for the last year and 37766 the year before. he was sponsor for his mother last year and currently have a Green Card and EAD. I'm a Non-resident alien at the moment I have a EAD and Did my taxes this year. household size are the three of us. so, What could happen?

I'm planning on calling tomorrow to USCIS to get some support. but if anyone can give me some hope Ill really appreciate that.

You have to send your original birth certificate and the translated version. Notarize the translated brith certificate.
    You need a joint sponsor. The amount listed on your post is too low for a household of 3 I think.

Just my opinion based on experience.

Comment

Originally posted by dg204 View Post
      You have to send your original birth certificate and the translated version. Notarize the translated brith certificate.
      You need a joint sponsor. The amount listed on your post is too low for a household of 3 I think.

Just my opinion based on experience.
      But then why USCIS have that 37k is good for a household of 5 people?

Comment

send them your birth certificate again with translation in english. If you have a 12 months bank statement, and document about house ownership, that may also help. All they need is to be sure you won't be a public charge. This is my personal opinion not legal advice .It's based on experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzbass View Post
          But then why USCIS have that 37k is good for a household of 5 people?
          I am having same question and I received same letter asking Tax documentations. According to 125% FPL guideline , household size of 3 members should be 25525 and 2 members should be 20300.
          As you mentioned, your sponsor is definitely making more than required than why they sent you RFE? that's strange. Did you send all tax documentations at the time of initial filling ? such as 2017 federal tax & W2s,1099s(if any) - 2016 Tax Transcript or Tax Return along with W2s , 1099s(if any). ?

Comment

This doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the evidence you submitted in your application - it's a "boilerplate" type letter than USCIS has been sending more and more of to applicants. Just submit the RFE as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by tomjerry111 View Post
              I am having same question and I received same letter asking Tax documentations. According to 125% FPL guideline , household size of 3 members should be 25525 and 2 members should be 20300.
              As you mentioned, your sponsor is definitely making more than required than why they sent you RFE? that's strange. Did you send all tax documentations at the time of initial filling ? such as 2017 federal tax & W2s,1099s(if any) - 2016 Tax Transcript or Tax Return along with W2s , 1099s(if any). ?
              I've sent the tax return for the past 5 years, what I did not sent was the the letter of employment. I'm kind of confused, I don't have any joint sponsor available and I don't know if sending again the information will make my case be disregard

Comment

I've sent the tax return for the past 5 years, what I did not sent was the the letter of employment. I'm kind of confused, I don't have any joint sponsor available and I don't know if sending again the information will make my case be disregard
                I am in same situation. I never thought about getting joint sponsor as we don't want anyone's obligation when we know I can sponsor my loved one without anyone's help (even on document). Also, most recent year 2017 income is surely above the guideline and still I received a letter asking to send most recent tax year proof. However, I will send my 2017 tax documentation and will pray they wont deny.

just to make sure, did you send 2017 tax return as well at the time of initial filing?

Comment

I am in same situation. I never thought about getting joint sponsor as we don't want anyone's obligation when we know I can sponsor my loved one without anyone's help (even on document). Also, most recent year 2017 income is surely above the guideline and still I received a letter asking to send most recent tax year proof. However, I will send my 2017 tax documentation and will pray they wont deny.

just to make sure, did you send 2017 tax return as well at the time of initial filing?
                  I did, but I did it same time I sent my 1099 to IRS.

Comment

I did, but I did it same time I sent my 1099 to IRS.
                    you mean, You sent your federal tax by mail to IRS and at the same time you sent your package included copy of 2017 Tax return to USCIS?

Comment

you mean, You sent your federal tax by mail to IRS and at the same time you sent your package included copy of 2017 Tax return to USCIS?
                      Yes, that what I meant sorry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X