Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expedite Green card process? EAD expires in 3 weeks! advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedite Green card process? EAD expires in 3 weeks! advice??

Hello,

Minneapolis Filling. no lawyer, self filling with husband (citizen) this is my timeline: sorry if threat is long, I"m running out of ideas...

12.21.16: Received form I-485, I-131, I-130, I-765
    01.04.17: accepted finger print fee
    02.03.17: biometrics appointment
    02.08.17: ready to schedule your interview
    03.30.17: mailed EAD card
    09.16.17: we are ready to schedule interview again (after submitted a change of address)

On December 2017 I started to get anxious without any news on an interview and called the USCIS customer service to inquiry about EAD and Medical exams. they advised me to wait, I specifically asked (2) questions: DO I need to retake my Medical Exams I-693 and Do I need to appply for a new EAD as i was just in the 90 day window to receive a new one. The lady (wish I would have wrote down her ID number) told me, you need to wait for your interview, if it comes to 30 days before your expiration day on your EAD you can request an expedite due to financial loss. And No, ypu do not need to retake your exams prior to your interview, just wait for your interview as the officer might not ask you for them.

waiting continues...

finally: Interview schedules for 02.06.18: YAY!!!

we go to the interview, it went pretty well, didn ask for anything weird, only personal question was: Can you both describe you relationship and how it began?" we mutually answered together.
    She then said my medical exams are expired since its been more that 12 months since I took them. we need to wait for a RFI letter to send the new medical exams, my husband had also started a new job and didn't have any new paystubs yet, they will ask for paystubs to submitt as well.

We asked if I needed to apply for another EAD as mine was going to expire in a month and a half (3.22.18) in addition to my driver licence. She said there is No point as that takes 90 days to be processed. she advised to retake my exams as soon as possible and have them ready to send once we received the RFI or drop them in their office, that everything went good in the interview. A week and a half later, we received the RFI and next day I personally went and drop all paperwork (which at this point i believe it might not even be a good idea as your dont get a proff that they have received as if you mail them and get a signature or something)

last friday 02.23.18 I called USCIS as I am starting to get anxious because I don't want to lose my job/ stop working. the guy who was extremely condescending said I would have needed to apply for a new EAD 120 prior to the expiration of my card, I explained to him why I didn't (as i was told not to) and he said, sorry for the miscommunication, in summary: you need to send a I-765 as soon as possible, i hope i was able to help, do you have any other questions? UGH! me trying to be patient understandin this conversation was going nowhere... said no thats it, thanks!

Starting googling and came across the EXPEDITE REQUEST

Monday: had my paperwork ready to be sent for I-765, but still had to send to nebraska, called USCIS to request an expedite request. they took and ask everything and I told my story again, I asked if I could send something, or what might i need? or if I should still submitte the I-765. She said I shuldnt and just wait for the expedited officer to let me know if they would or would not expedite my green card. not 5 days later, i get an email staying that i need to submit proof of the financial loss. What proof do they need? no information whatsoever, I am not freaking out, send our mortgage, car loans? bills? i read in another forum to submit a letter from my employeer that my employment was going to be terminated if i dint get a green card approval? we have only 1 HR who is out until tuesday! my boss will talk to the owner and the labor lawyers they use as they don't want to lose me not even for a bit 9 company is project based and i am working on many projects that i cant just hang out to someone)

Should I send my I-765 application? with the request for expedite the green card? write a letter that says, expedite the green card or EAD, whatever is faster and easier for them? what if i sent I-765 and that cancels my expedite request over my I-485? and need to request another expedite (which will take an extra couple of days)

Anyone had similar situations, what do you advice me to do? I really dont want to stop working but not sure what else can I do that wont affect the process thats already happening on their background?

I dont want to call USCIS again as every time they say something different and feel they dont even know their process

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X