I-485/I-130 no updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485/I-130 no updates!

Hi, I filled all of my applications for adjustment of status through marriage to a USC in November. I received my I-765 and I-130 combo on January, 18th 2018. I haven't received any updates and nothing has changed for my I-485/I-130 applications since November, when they said they have received the applications. Should I be worried? Is there anything to do at this point?
    I am also concerned because I know interviews happen randomly, and by that I mean that they will just send me a letter giving me a few weeks notice about the interview.
    My parents are coming over from my home country in July and we already booked hotel rooms for a trip we have planned (far from the city we would be having the interview). I am scared because I am waiting all this time and it would be awful that USCIS will then decide to schedule the interview right in the middle of the vacation and our family vacation will be ruined. Should I cancel the trip? Unfortunately, my parents already spent a lot of money to come visit me.

Originally posted by kev.24 View Post
    Hi, I filled all of my applications for adjustment of status through marriage to a USC in November. I received my I-765 and I-130 combo on January, 18th 2018. I haven't received any updates and nothing has changed for my I-485/I-130 applications since November, when they said they have received the applications. Should I be worried? Is there anything to do at this point?
    I am also concerned because I know interviews happen randomly, and by that I mean that they will just send me a letter giving me a few weeks notice about the interview.
    My parents are coming over from my home country in July and we already booked hotel rooms for a trip we have planned (far from the city we would be having the interview). I am scared because I am waiting all this time and it would be awful that USCIS will then decide to schedule the interview right in the middle of the vacation and our family vacation will be ruined. Should I cancel the trip? Unfortunately, my parents already spent a lot of money to come visit me.
    Enjoy your vacation, the interview usually will be scheduled one month after the notice date. If you are not travelling for one month you would be fine.
    PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
    11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
    11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
    11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
    09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
    09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
    11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Is there someone else who can check your mail while you are gone?
      Perhaps use USPS informed delivery so you get emails about what mail will be arriving that day.
      If you see its USCIS then perhaps let someone open it for you and check it out. Worst case scenario you have to book a ticket to your home place.
      This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
      122017 - PD
      012518 - Biometrics
      033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
      062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
      082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
      090418 - 2nd we scheduled
      091018 - first interview canceled
      092118 - Request to reschedule int
      102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
      030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
      040219 - We canceled your int
      040519 - Int sched
      051419 - Interview
      053119 - approved

Comment

I should mention that the trips is only for 1 1/2 weeks. However, I am just concerned that they will schedule the interview for one of those days within the 1 1/2 weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X