Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance parole experiences needed

Hello,

Having a valid non-immigrant visa and advance parole document which one you prefer to show to the border officer in the european countries?

Wondering whether they have knowledge about advance parole since they usually ask for visa or green card when travel from Europe to US.

Thanks

Why does it matter what you show to someone in the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburashka View Post
      Why does it matter what you show to someone in the EU?
      You are correct, but sometimes they give you hard time. Even airlines ask for visa before check you in.

Comment

I just returned to the US from the UK. They did not ask for any documents going into UK/Europe. You only have to show your AP when coming back into the US. Yes they ask at the airport how you are traveling when you come back - I told them AP and showed my card and it was no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by slm100 View Post
          I just returned to the US from the UK. They did not ask for any documents going into UK/Europe. You only have to show your AP when coming back into the US. Yes they ask at the airport how you are traveling when you come back - I told them AP and showed my card and it was no problem.
          Thanks. I think UK is used a lot for transits so they know what is the AP. The problem can arise in the small countries like in which they dont have experience. However, in the end I am not worried as I will explain whats the AP is and a senior offical at the border should know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
            Thanks. I think UK is used a lot for transits so they know what is the AP. The problem can arise in the small countries like in which they dont have experience. However, in the end I am not worried as I will explain whats the AP is and a senior offical at the border should know about it.
            I traveled a couple of times with AP and sometimes they had to ask a manager or call somebody to figure out which document type to choose. While it sometimes took a little bit longer there was never a problem, even at smaller airports in Europe.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X