Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    No, this is what I meant. Your case stays at the NBC (National Benefits Center) pretty much until the day your interview notice is mailed out to you. They're mailed 4-5 weeks in advance of the interview appointment. Around that time, your file is mailed to your field office. If you move before then, your address is updated but your file stays right there.
    So once I have my EAD, can I move to another state with faster processing if I have not received my interview notice? that sounds like good strategy to make your way to a faster processing.

On a side note UScitizenFilingforspouse, I feel like you have good knowledge of US immigration. are you an into law or something?
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/30/2018 - PD
    04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
    04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
    05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
    05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
    09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• My I131 and I765 were approved.

My lawyer called and said the approval notice has been sent to me, following the travel document (finger crossed so I can receive it asap).

Here is my timeline:
      March 2nd: USCIS received my applications (I-485, I-130, I-131, and I-765)
      April 4th: Biometrics appointment
      April 18th: Scheduling interview
      May 2nd: Producing new card for my I-765, got a notification my I-131 appeal was dismissed (system glitch, because I never really appeal anything)
      May 3rd: lawyer called, they said my I765 and I131 were approved and they have sent out the approval notice.

On April 16th I Contacted the congressman, and they sent out inquiry to USCIS.
      On April 17th I requested an expedite request for my I131.
      Last edited by Etan23; 05-03-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
        So once I have my EAD, can I move to another state with faster processing if I have not received my interview notice? that sounds like good strategy to make your way to a faster processing.

On a side note UScitizenFilingforspouse, I feel like you have good knowledge of US immigration. are you an into law or something?
        No, I'd say I have decent "google" skills and I might as well admit it that I am a nerd. LOL.
        You might have also noticed I rarely give answers based on knowledge, and always post links to all my sources. If I can tie my answer to data, well even better. Data driven decisions are always best.

Moving once you have your EAD is tricky. It only occurred to me to do that because user legoslab's biometrics appointment was scheduled in NY, even though they reside in another state. Apparently, it was scheduled there because of their attorney's address. On form G-28, they set all mail and documents to go to the attorney's address. In other words, they designated it as their safe address.
        So from that fact, we theorized that if I hired an attorney, say in Cleveland, OH or Portland, ME., then my interview should be scheduled there. Then, after talking to a Level 2, I was able to confirm that files are kept at the National Benefits Center until the moment the interview is scheduled. Once the interview is scheduled, then your file is shipped to the field office.
        I think I will do the attorney thing first and continue to look for jobs in that city and other places, of course. I should be able to confirm whether this strategy is tried-n-true, once I talk to an attorney. I am doing that tomorrow. I do know that refugees do this. They set their attorney's address as their safe address. That way all their mail goes to their attorney and their interview/hearing is scheduled in that area.

Comment

• Update!

Hey all! I know it's been a couple days but I FINALLY got my husband's biometrics letter I the mail after over 20 days. To anyone still waiting, hang in there!

Comment

• Congratulations!

Originally posted by Etan23 View Post
            My lawyer called and said the approval notice has been sent to me, following the travel document (finger crossed so I can receive it asap).

Here is my timeline:
            March 2nd: USCIS received my applications (I-485, I-130, I-131, and I-765)
            April 4th: Biometrics appointment
            April 18th: Scheduling interview
            May 2nd: Producing new card for my I-765, got a notification my I-131 appeal was dismissed (system glitch, because I never really appeal anything)
            May 3rd: lawyer called, they said my I765 and I131 were approved and they have sent out the approval notice.

On April 16th I Contacted the congressman, and they sent out inquiry to USCIS.
            On April 17th I requested an expedite request for my I131.
            Wow! Congratulations! Can you explain a bot more about tge congressman?s thing? Why you contact them?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
            Hey all! I know it's been a couple days but I FINALLY got my husband's biometrics letter I the mail after over 20 days. To anyone still waiting, hang in there!
            Yeah! It?s so good! Something is happening, I know the feeling! Are you going to do a early walk in? We decided to do it on the schedule date...
            Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
            03/30/18: Package sent
            04/02/18: PD
            04/20/18: NoAs mail
            05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
            05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
            05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
            Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
            09/29/18: SR
            10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
            10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
            10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• I asked the congressman for help because my expedited AP was rejected at first. Then I applied the second time, and asked the congressman for help. I need to go home due to emergency matter back there.

I think congressman can really help you with the AP..

Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
              Wow! Congratulations! Can you explain a bot more about tge congressman?s thing? Why you contact them?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! It?s so good! Something is happening, I know the feeling! Are you going to do a early walk in? We decided to do it on the schedule date...

Comment

• Originally posted by Etan23 View Post
                I asked the congressman for help because my expedited AP was rejected at first. Then I applied the second time, and asked the congressman for help. I need to go home due to emergency matter back there.

I think congressman can really help you with the AP..
                Rhanks for explaining! Good to know!
                Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                03/30/18: Package sent
                04/02/18: PD
                04/20/18: NoAs mail
                05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                09/29/18: SR
                10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

No, I'd say I have decent "google" skills and I might as well admit it that I am a nerd. LOL.
                  You might have also noticed I rarely give answers based on knowledge, and always post links to all my sources. If I can tie my answer to data, well even better. Data driven decisions are always best.

Moving once you have your EAD is tricky. It only occurred to me to do that because user legoslab's biometrics appointment was scheduled in NY, even though they reside in another state. Apparently, it was scheduled there because of their attorney's address. On form G-28, they set all mail and documents to go to the attorney's address. In other words, they designated it as their safe address.
                  So from that fact, we theorized that if I hired an attorney, say in Cleveland, OH or Portland, ME., then my interview should be scheduled there. Then, after talking to a Level 2, I was able to confirm that files are kept at the National Benefits Center until the moment the interview is scheduled. Once the interview is scheduled, then your file is shipped to the field office.
                  I think I will do the attorney thing first and continue to look for jobs in that city and other places, of course. I should be able to confirm whether this strategy is tried-n-true, once I talk to an attorney. I am doing that tomorrow. I do know that refugees do this. They set their attorney's address as their safe address. That way all their mail goes to their attorney and their interview/hearing is scheduled in that area.
                  Well, your google skills are certainly helping people here on this forum. regarding moving once EAD is issued, one of my forum friends here had suggested if you do so, we may risk resetting the application timeline, but if you have a field office which is longest in the country in terms of processing time, even if your move address and reset your timeline, you may still get the green card interview earlier, especially if you move to a place with shortest processing time. what do you think about this idea?
                  Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                  03/30/2018 - PD
                  04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                  04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                  05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                  05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                  09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

Well, your google skills are certainly helping people here on this forum. regarding moving once EAD is issued, one of my forum friends here had suggested if you do so, we may risk resetting the application timeline, but if you have a field office which is longest in the country in terms of processing time, even if your move address and reset your timeline, you may still get the green card interview earlier, especially if you move to a place with shortest processing time. what do you think about this idea?
                    Thank you! I am glad to be of assistance.

I have to agree with your friend, and in essence, that's what we are attempting. We are going to hire an attorney first, in order to avoid committing to a place where there may not be a job for me.

***I will post the slowest and fastest for you shortly***

I would also cross reference the list of the fastest with these tables here. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-...ustment-status These show applications received, approved, denied, and pending per quarter. Some offices are fast because they're efficient and others, it seems because they do not get that many applications. It would make sense that if you move and jurisdiction over your case changes from Minneapolis Field office to Cleveland, OH or Portland, ME., you should expect your case to be processed a lot faster even if you go to the bottom of the pile. If the pile is made of 95 applications like in Portland, ME. However, the pile in Minneapolis, MN is almost 5,200 applications. Portland, ME had 210 pending at the end of the quarter. Thoughts?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-04-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• My Timeline

Hey guys, I just want to share my timeline to everyone.,

Applied from: Oakland, California
                      I-130, I-485, I-765
                      Marriage based adjustment of status.
                      Been out of Status for about 7years.

March 30, 2018 - Priority Date
                      April 10, 2018 - USCIS cashed checks
                      April 17, 2018 - Received 3 plus 1 receipts
                      April 30, 2018 - Received a letter regarding with my I-693
                      May 1, 2018 - Got my Biometrics appointment for May 8.
                      May 4, 2018 - Did walk in for biometrics. It was very easy and only took me less than 15 minutes. Got the stamp on the letter, then guy said I?m finished.

So what?s next after this?

Thank you so much.
                      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Here you go

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! I am glad to be of assistance.

I have to agree with your friend, and in essence, that's what we are attempting. We are going to hire an attorney first, in order to avoid committing to a place where there may not be a job for me.

***I will post the slowest and fastest for you shortly***

I would also cross reference the list of the fastest with these tables here. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-...ustment-status These show applications received, approved, denied, and pending per quarter. Some offices are fast because they're efficient and others, it seems because they do not get that many applications. It would make sense that if you move and jurisdiction over your case changes from Minneapolis Field office to Cleveland, OH or Portland, ME., you should expect your case to be processed a lot faster even if you go to the bottom of the pile. If the pile is made of 95 applications like in Portland, ME. However, the pile in Minneapolis, MN is almost 5,200 applications. Portland, ME had 210 pending at the end of the quarter. Thoughts?
                          I think you are paying too much attention to raw numbers which do not necessarily correlate to processing time. Compare Brooklyn with Helena, for example. While Brooklyn may have considerably more cases pending then Helena [an extreme example] Brooklyn likely have considerably more resources at thier disposable, meaning they can get through cases faster. If look at processing times, you will see this dynamic play out. The Brooklyn Field Office, which recieved 2,330 applications is showing a processing time of 13 months to almost two years. Helena, on the otherhand, recieved a meager 84 applications and is processing at about 8 months to 17. While Brooklyn is processing at a slower rate then Helena, the difference is evidently not proportinate to difference in number of applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by longee94 View Post
                            I think you are paying too much attention to raw numbers which do not necessarily correlate to processing time. Compare Brooklyn with Helena, for example. While Brooklyn may have considerably more cases pending then Helena [an extreme example] Brooklyn likely have considerably more resources at thier disposable, meaning they can get through cases faster. If look at processing times, you will see this dynamic play out. The Brooklyn Field Office, which recieved 2,330 applications is showing a processing time of 13 months to almost two years. Helena, on the otherhand, recieved a meager 84 applications and is processing at about 8 months to 17. While Brooklyn is processing at a slower rate then Helena, the difference is evidently not proportinate to difference in number of applications.
                            Actually, the processing times come from these tables. I have considered staffing levels, of course. I also compared the very last update there was with the old way of reporting processing times with the new processing times - when they were first posted.
                            The processing times come from these tables https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2018_qtr1.pdf
                            Otherwise, how else could they give you a median (50%) processing time and the upper end of 93%? The processing times come from raw data and that's the beauty of the new format - as opposed to just telling you "as of may 1st, we are processing cases from December 12th, 2016". Hopeanddream and I were mostly thinking out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by longee94 View Post
                            Here you. Straight from the horse's mouth. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info
                            Attached Files

Comment

Actually, the processing times come from these tables. I have considered staffing levels, of course. I also compared the very last update there was with the old way of reporting processing times with the new processing times - when they were first posted.
                              The processing times come from these tables https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2018_qtr1.pdf
                              Otherwise, how else could they give you a median (50%) processing time and the upper end of 93%? The processing times come from raw data and that's the beauty of the new format - as opposed to just telling you "as of may 1st, we are processing cases from December 12th, 2016". Hopeanddream and I were mostly thinking out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you. Straight from the horse's mouth. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info
                              The point I was trying to make was that moving to an area whose field office has fewer cases does not equate to a faster processing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by longee94 View Post
                                The point I was trying to make was that moving to an area whose field office has fewer cases does not equate to a faster processing time.
                                That's not what I said. If you re-read what I wrote, you will see what I said.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X