Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How?

Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
    Mine was updated only on myuscis, still the Fingerprints fee received on egov and case tracker

So how do I get to log in to myuscis. I tried looking for case status in the site, but I can't seem to find it.
    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      I believe that's my queue. LOL - Yes, it's the 3rd fastest. Here's the chart.
      Hi. Just wondering where you found that chart?

Comment

• Originally posted by belu31 View Post
        Congrats!! What?s your priority date?

I?m a March filer too. My PD is 3/12 and my case hasn?t been updated since 3/22 (we received your biometrics fee) I had my biometrics taken on 4/9. Field office is Newark, NJ
        PD 03/14/2018
        Bio walk-in 04/10/2018
        CoA approved on 04/13/2018 for I-485 (from Brooklyn NY to Sarasota FL)

My status was like yours till yesterday. There was no update regarding my bio walk in as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
        Do you mind if I ask you if you (or you partner) enter in US few weeks before getting married and applied straight after for a green card? I saw the statistically speaking, whoever allows the partner to enter with a finance visa and gets married quickly receives also the interview quicker than anybody else.
        Not really Married for 4 years with a 2 year old toddler.
        Marriage based AOS
        I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
        PD:Mar14th,2018
        ND:Mar24th,2018
        Bio ND:Mar30th,2018
        Bio Date:Apr17th,2018 (Brooklyn, NY)
        Bio walk-in:Apr10th,2018 (Tampa,FL)
        CoA for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765:Apr10th,2018
        CoA approval for I-485,I-130,I-131,I-765:Apr13th,16th,26th,30th 2018
        Notice for I-693 sent on:Apr 25th,2018
        ND for Interview: May 8th,2018
        Notice for Interview received: May 15th, 2018
        Interview Date: Jun 13th, 2018 (Tampa, FL)

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
          So how do I get to log in to myuscis. I tried looking for case status in the site, but I can't seem to find it.

You have to create a new account

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by legolasb View Post
          Today I received a txt, egov site and a case tracker app update saying that my employment-based interview was scheduled. Now it is time to wait for the mail and see when it will take place. My question is, if i am not mistaken, in the past I-131 and I-765 were taking 2.5 to 5 months according to the processing times of NBC (or others) and then you were waiting for your field office to call you for your I-485 which was taking months to get the interview. If everything goes well, you would receive your green card within a few weeks after your interview.
          Nowadays we see interviews showing up before I-765 and I-131s approved so does anyone know what is going to happen next if the interview goes well? Will we receive the green card before EAD and AP is processed or they will not be processed at all and we will receive the green card directly sooner? What do you think?
          Anyone can give an answer?
          Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
          03/30/18: Package sent
          04/02/18: PD
          04/20/18: NoAs mail
          05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
          05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
          05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
          Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
          09/29/18: SR
          10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
          10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
          10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
            https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

- - - Updated - - -

If the interview goes well, you will get Your green card. Then there is no longer a need to process your EAD so it will not be processed and issued.

There is nothing to worry here.
            Filing Type: Marriage to USC

3/20/18: Package sent
            3/21/18: Package received, PD
            3/27/18: Checks cashed
            3/31/18: NoAs recvd via mail
            4/06/18: Biometrics appt recvd for 4/17
            4/09/18: Early walk-in Biometrics appt
            4/16/18: We reviewed your biometrics
            4/25/18: We are ready to schedule your interview
            4/30/18: We scheduled your interview
            5/03/18: EAD approved (expedited)
            5/05/18: Interview notice recvd for 6/07/18
            6/07/18: Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
              https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will answer my own question Today under the I-485 forum I saw a January filer saying that he had the I-485 interview successfully before receiving his EAD and the officer told him that he will receive his green card in 2 weeks time. When he asked what he needs to do with his EAD when he receives it, the officer responded that he can punch and discard it since the green card overrules. He also added that they are seperately processed. As a summary it seems like if you have the interview before the others are processed you are good to go.
              Marriage based AOS
              I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
              PD:Mar14th,2018
              ND:Mar24th,2018
              Bio ND:Mar30th,2018
              Bio Date:Apr17th,2018 (Brooklyn, NY)
              Bio walk-in:Apr10th,2018 (Tampa,FL)
              CoA for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765:Apr10th,2018
              CoA approval for I-485,I-130,I-131,I-765:Apr13th,16th,26th,30th 2018
              Notice for I-693 sent on:Apr 25th,2018
              ND for Interview: May 8th,2018
              Notice for Interview received: May 15th, 2018
              Interview Date: Jun 13th, 2018 (Tampa, FL)

Comment

• Originally posted by legolasb View Post

Ok thank you so much!!! That's great, at least my statistic doesn't work at all. YAY!
                Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                Package Sent: 3/12
                PD: 3/14/
                Checks Cashed: 3/27
                NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                Biometric letter: 4/5
                Biometric: 4/18
                Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                Interview was scheduled 5/22
                Letter for interview received 5/26
                Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                Green card approved after interview
                Green Card being printed 6/27
                Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
                  Hi. Just wondering where you found that chart?
                  Found? LOL, no. I compiled it myself on an Excel Spreadsheet. And have been using raw numbers from the USCIS immigration and Citizenship data - Family based - I-485, to calculate the new processing times with the new data they just posted

Comment

Found? LOL, no. I compiled it myself on an Excel Spreadsheet. And have been using raw numbers from the USCIS immigration and Citizenship data - Family based - I-485, to calculate the new processing times with the new data they just posted
                    Don't u think you're a little over the top with this? Like seriously 😂🤣
                    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by sinoptola View Post
                      Hi all, again thanks to UScitizenfilingforspouse, I received the notification from case tracker app while holding my phone yesterday to notify me 'Employment-base interview was scheduled'. However, my husband married me (USC) in Feb 2018 and we filed Marriage-based AOS. Can someone help me figure out what is going on here and how I can prepare for our interview?
                      Congrats! You got lucky. That's all there is to it. Take the blessing, wish everyone else the best outcome they can possibly have in harmony with the universe - but by all means RUN! We can all take care of ourselves here. So don't feel bad or let anyone make you feel bad for it. I just know at some point that's going to come up. It's human nature.

USCIS claims there was a system glitch and a good number of marriage based cases were mis-classified as employment-based. Since interviews are happening so fast for these filers, my theory is that they were misclassified as E-1 (Extraordinary ability aliens). Such aliens are not required to have an employer file a I-140 for them. In other words, if you are say, Serena Williams or are awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, you just file your own I-140 and I-485. You can file both because your priority date is always current.
                      See the parallel here? E-1s are the equivalent of Immediate relatives in family based Adjustment of Status. Since they file their own, whoever clueless person in the mailroom probably saw the I-130s and figured: "oh these are just the family members who come with the extraordinary alien" and looked at their diagram. "Is priority date current?" IF YES ----> schedule employment based interview. Done. I read the 400 page I-485 adjudication Standard Operating Procedure. All the initial sorting is done by folks who are following a chart as they go. There is high turn over. Lots of errors in the mail room.

You just wait for your notice. Do not go calling USCIS all frantic asking why this $5,000 dollar TV set is mistagged for $0.500 at Walmart on black Friday. Just go to the register and take out your 50 cents and pay. The store has to honor it. If USCIS notices it, they will change the wording on the letter but just wait for your letter. You have your appointment and that's all that matters. Show up to your appointment. Believe me. They're not going to turn you away.

The only reason this mistake has not hit the news is because USCIS has not rescinded the offers. Otherwise, you'd have people LIVID reaching out to their Senators. They will honor the appointments before admitting they do not know what they're doing.

I will open a thread later tonight and gather all the links that help with interviews/staging your evidence of bona fide marriage. Look for it.

All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                        Don't u think you're a little over the top with this? Like seriously ����
                        As I've said before, I always back whatever I saw. Data driven decisions are always the best decisions. Came to the US with $200 dollars in my pocket. Now 3 degrees later, I can tell you that being "over the top" or driven, pays off.
                        *I use a program to extract the data. Takes seconds actually.

How do you manage to use different emojis? Is there a feature I have to enable here?

Comment

Congrats! You got lucky. That's all there is to it. Take the blessing, wish everyone else the best outcome they can possibly have in harmony with the universe - but by all means RUN! We can all take care of ourselves here. So don't feel bad or let anyone make you feel bad for it. I just know at some point that's going to come up. It's human nature.

USCIS claims there was a system glitch and a good number of marriage based cases were mis-classified as employment-based. Since interviews are happening so fast for these filers, my theory is that they were misclassified as E-1 (Extraordinary ability aliens). Such aliens are not required to have an employer file a I-140 for them. In other words, if you are say, Serena Williams or are awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, you just file your own I-140 and I-485. You can file both because your priority date is always current.
                          See the parallel here? E-1s are the equivalent of Immediate relatives in family based Adjustment of Status. Since they file their own, whoever clueless person in the mailroom probably saw the I-130s and figured: "oh these are just the family members who come with the extraordinary alien" and looked at their diagram. "Is priority date current?" IF YES ----> schedule employment based interview. Done. I read the 400 page I-485 adjudication Standard Operating Procedure. All the initial sorting is done by folks who are following a chart as they go. There is high turn over. Lots of errors in the mail room.

You just wait for your notice. Do not go calling USCIS all frantic asking why this $5,000 dollar TV set is mistagged for $0.500 at Walmart on black Friday. Just go to the register and take out your 50 cents and pay. The store has to honor it. If USCIS notices it, they will change the wording on the letter but just wait for your letter. You have your appointment and that's all that matters. Show up to your appointment. Believe me. They're not going to turn you away.

The only reason this mistake has not hit the news is because USCIS has not rescinded the offers. Otherwise, you'd have people LIVID reaching out to their Senators. They will honor the appointments before admitting they do not know what they're doing.

I will open a thread later tonight and gather all the links that help with interviews/staging your evidence of bona fide marriage. Look for it.

All the best.
                          Hey, how do you know about the glitch? Did USCIS officially inform it to you? I can only hope I was affected by it since my office takes 11 months :/

Originally posted by legolasb View Post
                          PD 03/14/2018
                          Bio walk-in 04/10/2018
                          CoA approved on 04/13/2018 for I-485 (from Brooklyn NY to Sarasota FL)

My status was like yours till yesterday. There was no update regarding my bio walk in as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That gives me some hope! I was very concerned with the lack of updates on my case!
                          Best of luck with your interview!
                          Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
                          3-12-18 - Priority date
                          4-09-18 - Biometrics done
                          5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
                          5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
                          6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                          7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
                          7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
                          7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

Thank you! I was wondering as I knew USCIS wouldn't post something so clear and concise! Lol.
                            Its nice to be able to see each of the offices compared to the other.

Comment

As I've said before, I always back whatever I saw. Data driven decisions are always the best decisions. Came to the US with $200 dollars in my pocket. Now 3 degrees later, I can tell you that being "over the top" or driven, pays off.
                              *I use a program to extract the data. Takes seconds actually.

How do you manage to use different emojis? Is there a feature I have to enable here?
                              I use the emoji that's on my phone's keypad
                              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• my prayers tonight: Lord bless me with a system glitch too, thank you!
                                ahahahhahaha

Many thanks to everyone who keep helping us!
                                Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                                03/30/18: Package sent
                                04/02/18: PD
                                04/20/18: NoAs mail
                                05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                                05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                                05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                                Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                                09/29/18: SR
                                10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                                10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                                10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X