Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    thank you!! :-)
    LOL, you're welcome! Glad to be of assistance. And don't do it backwards like I did! :-)

Comment

• Interview Documents Originals and or copies

Hi everyone,
      Quick question. For the interview documents do I need to bring the original birth certificate of the petitioner or a copy of it and the original passport is enough? Best regards.
      Marriage based AOS
      I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
      PD:Mar14th,2018
      ND:Mar24th,2018
      Bio ND:Mar30th,2018
      Bio Date:Apr17th,2018 (Brooklyn, NY)
      Bio walk-in:Apr10th,2018 (Tampa,FL)
      CoA for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765:Apr10th,2018
      CoA approval for I-485,I-130,I-131,I-765:Apr13th,16th,26th,30th 2018
      Notice for I-693 sent on:Apr 25th,2018
      ND for Interview: May 8th,2018
      Notice for Interview received: May 15th, 2018
      Interview Date: Jun 13th, 2018 (Tampa, FL)

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        Furthermore, adjusting status is not for everyone. My spouse graduated in May 2017. Had a F-1 OPT (Optional Practical Training) EAD, but didn't secure a job within 90 days of receiving the EAD. So it's been a long 1+ year for my spouse. We filed in March 2018 because the IRS had held my 2016 tax return and later, our 2017 tax return for identity verification.
        We considered the k-1 visa route, but decided against it, as it would have meant being apart for a very long time. I was not familiar with that route, at all, and very cautious about sending him back to Malaysia to get his visa. We are a same-sex couple. As it turns out, now I have learned that my concerns about the Embassy were unfounded. Many, if not all reviews I have read from same-sex couples have been positive. Once you're inside the Embassy, you're in US territory, and US laws apply. Thus, LGBTQ folks are treated fairly, and maybe even with delicate hands.

BUT hindsight is 20/20. We are here, took this route, and I would do it again. Taking this route introduced me to this forum, and I have the pleasure to "meet" amazing people. As someone said to me once "Pain is inevitable, misery is optional". There are many productive ways to spend this "free" time. The list is endless - learn about 401K investments, real estate investing, the ins & outs of buying a home in the US, take free courses from UC Berkeley, MIT or even Harvard, all available on Itunes; meetup.com has great social groups - if you speak another language in addition to English, you'll find meet up groups of people who meet to practice their language skills and LOVE it, when a native speaker stops by.

You will ultimately be fine. Take advantage of this time. All the best.
        Thank you! After a long conversation with my husband, I finally calmed down. I hope this journey goes smoothly for your spouse and you too
        Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
        3-12-18 - Priority date
        4-09-18 - Biometrics done
        5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
        5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
        6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
        7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
        7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
          Oh my goodness I feel the EXACT SAME WAY! I don't know how some people make it waiting a whole year without working. I was also a young professional working a good job with the government back home, I was also band director, accountant board member at my church and played guitar traveling to different caribbean countries. I was doing all that AND studying part time at a university. Very ambitious! Since I came here I felt like a cockroach on the wall and a second class nobody who doesn't even have an identity. Today I was granted an approval at my interview and I'm glad this is almost over so I can become independent. When the officer asked at the end of the interview if I had any questions I asked him about my EAD and he checked on his system and said it's at NBC and someone is currently looking at it and I should get it soon. Whether that comes first or GC, I don't care I just need a SSN to start my life. I applied at the hospital to volunteer and an after school community service where i assist kids with homework. I just can't NOT do anything so I totatlly understand how you feel. I always traveled back & forth. If it wasn't for my husband I wouldn't even stay here in the US, because I'm from a middle class family back home that are educated and doing well for themselves, I have a piece of land in my name granted to me and was going to build my own home. My husband knows this and we plan on building a vaca home there instead of selling it. Being here has really been a humbling experience though. All the best and volunteer! It helps a great lot. I get around with Uber.
          Congrats on your approval! I'm glad that I'm not the only one feeling this way. My situation back home was very similar to yours but our choices brought us here so now we have to deal with it. You should be getting your GC any day now! How exciting! I honestly don't care for the GC as long as I get my EAD and SSN ASAP.
          Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
          3-12-18 - Priority date
          4-09-18 - Biometrics done
          5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
          5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
          6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
          7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
          7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
          7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• I have just received notification that my case has been scheduled for an interview. My updated timeline is below:
            (Raleigh, N.C.):
            3/27/18: I485, I765, I130(A) and I693 Sent to USCIS (Priority Mail Express)
            3/28/18: Received by USCIS
            4/5/18: Credit Card charged.
            4/13/18: NOA1 Arrives with the biometric appointment.
            4/16/18: Biometric appointment completed.
            4/16/18: I131 Sent.
            4/26/18: NOA1 for I131.
            5/16/18: EAD Expidite request sent.
            5/21/18: Case in ready to be scheduled for an interview.
            6/4/18: Case has been scheduled for interview. No I 797C yet.
            Last edited by longee94; 06-04-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longee94 View Post
              I have just received notification that my case has been scheduled for an interview. My updated timeline is below:
              (Raleigh, N.C.):
              LOL CONGRATS! That means Raleigh, NC is still a fast office. I am waiting for our change of address to Raleigh, NC to be confirmed, and for the wheels to start turning.

That's fantastic. I am happy for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                LOL CONGRATS! That means Raleigh, NC is still a fast office. I am waiting for our change of address to Raleigh, NC to be confirmed, and for the wheels to start turning.

That's fantastic. I am happy for you.
                Thanks! Yes, it seems that Raleigh is moving through them pretty expeditiously. We are also relieved because we are due to move to M***aukee at the end of next month which had a considerably longer processing time.

Comment

Thanks! Yes, it seems that Raleigh is moving through them pretty expeditiously. We are also relieved because we are due to move to M***aukee at the end of next month which had a considerably longer processing time.
                  Good god, don't move before the interview! That's awesome! Congrats!

Comment

• Portland, OR Updated timeline

Just wanted to share that I received an email today saying they have scheduled our I-485 interview. Here is my updated timeline (National Benefits Center and Portland, OR field office):

3/29/18: Application received by USCIS (Concurrent filing)
                    4/27/18: Biometrics appointment notification and courtesy letter for medical received
                    5/8/18: Biometrics appointment completed.
                    5/22/18: Ready to be scheduled for interview.
                    6/4/18: Interview scheduled (Email update only)

No update on EAD yet. Now time to restart process of gathering all documents for interview. This forum has help me so much along the way. I am grateful.
                    Initial application sent to: National Benefits Center
                    Field Office: Portland, OR

Application sent: 03/24/18
                    Application received (PD): 03/28/18
                    Electronic notification of receipt: 04/11/18
                    Received NoA1 in mail: 04/20/18
                    Bio-metrics appointment notice in mail: 04/27/18
                    Courtesy letter for i-693: 04/27/18
                    Interview scheduled (Email and text update): 6/4/18:
                    Notice to appear for initial interview received in mail: 6/9/18
                    Interview Completed- (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) : 7/12/18

Comment

• Originally posted by apdxjourney View Post
                      just wanted to share that i received an email today saying they have scheduled our i-485 interview. Here is my updated timeline (national benefits center and portland, or field office):

3/29/18: Application received by uscis (concurrent filing)
                      4/27/18: Biometrics appointment notification and courtesy letter for medical received
                      6/4/18: Interview scheduled (email update only)

no update on ead yet. Now time to restart process of gathering all documents for interview. This forum has help me so much along the way. I am grateful.
                      wow! That is insanely fast!!!

Comment

I have just received notification that my case has been scheduled for an interview. My updated timeline is below:
                        (Raleigh, N.C.):
                        Hi Longee,

Can you tell me a little about your EAD expedition process and timelines please?
                        I have applied for mine around May 22 and I havent heard back from them since

Comment

• Originally posted by apdxjourney View Post
                          Just wanted to share that I received an email today saying they have scheduled our I-485 interview. Here is my updated timeline (National Benefits Center and Portland, OR field office):

3/29/18: Application received by USCIS (Concurrent filing)
                          6/4/18: Interview scheduled (Email update only)

No update on EAD yet. Now time to restart process of gathering all documents for interview. This forum has help me so much along the way. I am grateful.
                          That?s super fast! Congrats! And good luck with your interview. We have the exact same dates but no updates yet on mine. Can you please tell me what to do to expedite my EAD? I filled with a lawyer, should I go to her office and request to process an expedition to my EAD?
                          Thanks
                          Minneapolis, MN
                          4/2/18: USCIS received package. PD 4/2/18
                          4/16/18: Received NOA in the mail
                          4/27/18: Bio appointment received in the mail
                          4/27/18: Courtesy letter
                          5/08/18: Bio done
                          5/15/18: "Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It" (it was a change of address notice)
                          8/07/18: I-765 - New Card Is Being Produced
                          8/10/18: I-765 - Card Was Mailed To Me
                          8/08/18: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                          8/14/18: Combo card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzya View Post
                            Hi Longee,

Can you tell me a little about your EAD expedition process and timelines please?
                            I have applied for mine around May 22 and I havent heard back from them since
                            Sure. I applied on May 16th, but the USCIS operator did not correctly take down my email address which meant that I did not get the RFE. I sent the evidence in on the 29th. I spoke with a L2 officer who advised I submit a new request, which I did on the 1st June. The officer again incorrectly took my email, but being more on the ball I submitted the evidence yesterday [6/5]. I was tld that they don't update you on the status of the request using the online tool, so you may have to get intouch with your Senator's/Congressman's office. They should be able to ascertain wether the request was approved or deneid.

Comment

Sure. I applied on May 16th, but the USCIS operator did not correctly take down my email address which meant that I did not get the RFE. I sent the evidence in on the 29th. I spoke with a L2 officer who advised I submit a new request, which I did on the 1st June. The officer again incorrectly took my email, but being more on the ball I submitted the evidence yesterday [6/5]. I was tld that they don't update you on the status of the request using the online tool, so you may have to get intouch with your Senator's/Congressman's office. They should be able to ascertain wether the request was approved or deneid.
                              True story. They can never take down an email address correctly. I deliberately made our email address with each of our last names separated by a period. Nothing. Too hard to do.

Comment

Oh,
                                I had a different process, I called and talked to a lvl 1 officer. She took my info and I got an email the next day asking for the proof of eligibility (offer Letter) for the EAD expedition. I sent it to them and I have not heard from them since.

I am not sure what to do with them. Its a simple yes or no process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X