Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
    My PD is 3/21/18, hopefully we're next. Which office was your paperwork sent to? we're at NBC
    same NBC. married with USC. C9 category. wish you guys hear back soon too. thanks for your wishes

Comment

• I talked to level 2 officer today and she told me that after the BG check is complete i COULD be waived for the interview, because of my case type (CAA) normally does'nt required an interview in the past, but i don't think so with the new administration policies.
      I also asked if once the BG ckeck is complete if they produce the EAD/AP card; she told me that "yes and it should be the last step for that matter".

so... how many of you guys haven't complete your background check yet? i mean how many of you aren't on "case ready to schedule an interview"? Also how many of you who did'nt expedite your EAD/AP already have it?
      Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
      3/26/18 From Miami
      4/1/18 Received
      4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
      4/10/18 NoAs text & email
      4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
      4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
      4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
      5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
      9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
      9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
      9/22/18 SSN in hand
      1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

• I-485 Interview Experience: Request advice

Hello,

I need some advice. Following is my case summary.

Primary applicant: My wife, her place of birth is India
        Category: EB1C
        Date of filing I-140: 3rd March 2018
        Date of filing i-485: 27th March 2018
        Priority date: 5th March 2018
        GC EAD received: April last week
        I-140 approved: April last week
        Biometrics completed: May 3rd week
        Since I am the dependent applicant and my place of birth is Nepal, our case was approved for Cross-chargeability, which means that we would not have to follow priority date for India, but that of Nepal.
        GC Interview Date: 21st July 2018

During the interview, the IO had some doubt with regards to my birth certificate. My birth certificate was issued by the Indian Embassy in Nepal as my father was a Diplomat posted in Nepal at the time of my birth. For some reason, we don't have the certificate that is normally issued by the hospital. My lawyer advised that it is ok since my current certificate is issued by an authority that has high credibility (Indian Embassy, Nepal).
        But the IO insisted on seeing a certificate by a local authority from Nepal. Rest all went well but at the end of the interview she said that they would have to review my birth certificate and let us know of further action.
        Hours after the interview, I received an update from USCIS on email: "Your interview was completed, Your case must be reviewed"

Can anyone advise what this status means? Does this mean that I will get an RFE?

Also, the new Policy Memorandum issued by USCIS dated 13th July 2018, post September 11 2018, the case adjudicators will have full authority to reject cases without issuing an RFE based on insufficient initial evidence to prove eligibility for the immigration benefits. Considering this, are there any chances that our case can get rejected if USCIS does not revert on further action on our case before September 11th?

Can our case get denied just on the basis that USCIS doesn't feel that my birth certificate is authentic enough? I would assume that they ask for more evidence like an Affidavit or a letter from the hospital before coming to such an extreme decision. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

• Ap

hi!
          Does anyone have experience traveling with AP? Did you have any issues on your way back to the States?
          What were you asked on your way back to the US? Did you show additional docs besides your EAD/AP?

Comment

• AOS journey

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
            Wow! Congrats! I?m still waiting for my ead/ap.
            Didn?t expedite. PD is 3/30.
            Wishing the best for all of us.
            Hey you?re in the Bay Area? Me too... filed in June... which city? Have my biometrics appt next week...
            DACA approved: 12/2014
            I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
            NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
            I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
            I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
            11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
            12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
            12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
            12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
            12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by keldreams View Post
              Hey you?re in the Bay Area? Me too... filed in June... which city? Have my biometrics appt next week...
              Hi! I?m in Oakland. PD is 3/30. I?m just waiting for my EAD/AP now.
              SanFrancisco is backed up so I?m not expecting for an interview soon.
              Where are you located?
              B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
              FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
              4/20/18 Received 4 letters
              5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
              5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
              9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
              9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
              9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
              9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
              9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
              2/17/19 Traveled abroad
              3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
              3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                Hi! I?m in Oakland. PD is 3/30. I?m just waiting for my EAD/AP now.
                SanFrancisco is backed up so I?m not expecting for an interview soon.
                Where are you located?
                Oh bummer about SF being backed up. I?m in SF. How long of a wait do you think it will be to get your combo card? I?m hoping the interview wait is less than a year.... hopefully... Are you adjusting thru work or spouse?
                12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Oh bummer about SF being backed up. I?m in SF. How long of a wait do you think it will be to get your combo card? I?m hoping the interview wait is less than a year.... hopefully... Are you adjusting thru work or spouse?
                  Adjusting through marriage with a USC. How about you? Well I?m still waiting for my combo card. Right now we need lots of patience.
                  B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                  FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                  4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                  5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                  5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                  9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                  9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                  9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                  9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                  2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                  3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                  3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                    hi!
                    Does anyone have experience traveling with AP? Did you have any issues on your way back to the States?
                    What were you asked on your way back to the US? Did you show additional docs besides your EAD/AP?
                    I would also want to know this, but I think this thread would not be a perfect place for this question, as many here are still waiting for the combo card.
                    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                    03/30/2018 - PD
                    04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                    04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                    05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                    05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                    09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Hi guys my i-765 status has been on "Case was received" since March 19 2018
                      And no updates yet, I just wanna know if that's only me or there's other people that haven't got their EAD yet too?

It's MSC
                      application through marriage to USC

Comment

• Originally posted by Moe2jz View Post
                        Hi guys my i-765 status has been on "Case was received" since March 19 2018
                        And no updates yet, I just wanna know if that's only me or there's other people that haven't got their EAD yet too?

It's MSC
                        application through marriage to USC
                        We filed 03-16-18. Case received 03-27-18. That's all it says. There are others with the same PD getting the EAD/AP already. So maybe they're already working on March 2018 filers?

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                          Adjusting through marriage with a USC. How about you? Well I?m still waiting for my combo card. Right now we need lots of patience.
                          Same here. It?s crazy because I?m also on a June file thread and I?ve read other threads where there are some people who went from application to GC in hand in 4-6 months...
                          12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

• Hey,

You might have more success with responses if you post this as a new thread.
                            I would be surprised if they rejected your application just for the birth certificate since you said the rest of your interview went well. I know waiting for their decision can be very hard. While you wait, I would suggest to go ahead and start the process for acquiring an alternative document about your birth if you can (these things can take time in India/Nepal). That way you would not be wasting time responding to an RFE or in the worst case, a denial (you do get a chance to appeal the denial as far as I understand).
                            Although I hope you simply get approved for a GC soon.

Originally posted by shankarsaini View Post
                            Hello,

I need some advice. Following is my case summary.

Primary applicant: My wife, her place of birth is India
                            Category: EB1C
                            Date of filing I-140: 3rd March 2018
                            Date of filing i-485: 27th March 2018
                            Priority date: 5th March 2018
                            GC EAD received: April last week
                            I-140 approved: April last week
                            Biometrics completed: May 3rd week
                            Since I am the dependent applicant and my place of birth is Nepal, our case was approved for Cross-chargeability, which means that we would not have to follow priority date for India, but that of Nepal.
                            GC Interview Date: 21st July 2018

During the interview, the IO had some doubt with regards to my birth certificate. My birth certificate was issued by the Indian Embassy in Nepal as my father was a Diplomat posted in Nepal at the time of my birth. For some reason, we don't have the certificate that is normally issued by the hospital. My lawyer advised that it is ok since my current certificate is issued by an authority that has high credibility (Indian Embassy, Nepal).
                            But the IO insisted on seeing a certificate by a local authority from Nepal. Rest all went well but at the end of the interview she said that they would have to review my birth certificate and let us know of further action.
                            Hours after the interview, I received an update from USCIS on email: "Your interview was completed, Your case must be reviewed"

Can anyone advise what this status means? Does this mean that I will get an RFE?

Also, the new Policy Memorandum issued by USCIS dated 13th July 2018, post September 11 2018, the case adjudicators will have full authority to reject cases without issuing an RFE based on insufficient initial evidence to prove eligibility for the immigration benefits. Considering this, are there any chances that our case can get rejected if USCIS does not revert on further action on our case before September 11th?

Can our case get denied just on the basis that USCIS doesn't feel that my birth certificate is authentic enough? I would assume that they ask for more evidence like an Affidavit or a letter from the hospital before coming to such an extreme decision. Please advise. Thanks.
                            Last edited by paase; 07-26-2018, 10:47 AM.
                            Marriage-based AOS from F-1

06-15-2018: Fed-Ex package delivered
                            06-21-2018: 4 NOA texts and emails
                            06-25-2018: 4 NOAs received in the mail
                            06-28-2018: Biometrics Letter rec'd in the mail
                            7-10-2018: I-693 courtesy letter received
                            7-11-2018: Biometrics Appointment
                            7-15-2018: "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
                            7-19-2018: "Interview was scheduled" update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus
                            8-23-2018: Interview Date
                            8-24-2018: Status updated to 'Approved'

Comment

Same here. It?s crazy because I?m also on a June file thread and I?ve read other threads where there are some people who went from application to GC in hand in 4-6 months...
                              It?s the system glitch. It?s not the norm.

Comment

• Any updates?

Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post
                                PD March 26
                                Filing from PA
                                Filing AOS concurrently
                                Biometrics completed April 26th
                                My status said we are ready to scheduled for interview in May, but now both I-485 and I-765 say biometrics completed and working on forms on June 26

Can anyone give me an estimate of when I will receive my EAD card. Opt expires July 2nd and New Job starts in August.

What are my best course of action at this point
                                Wow my OPT expired on the same day as yours lol!
                                My PD is March 2nd, 2018
                                Received RFIE on 7/3
                                Response for RFE received on 7/16
                                (they said my husband wasn't making 1.25x poverty line according to his 2017 tax return from when he was a graduate student, we either had to prove assets or get a joint sponsor, I asked my mother in law to be my joint sponsor)
                                Current status - Request for Evidence Response Review
                                No updates since then.....
                                PD - 3/2/2018
                                Biometrics - sometime in April
                                RFIE - 7/3
                                Response to RFE received - 7/16
                                Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                                EAD is being produced - 9/4
                                Combo card in hand - 9/11
                                Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}