Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    The USCIS site says a signature and ID are required but I have not of anyone reporting they had to sign or show ID. Once you get the -Card is being produced update- and you get the tracking number, you can log on to your USPS account and either redirect the package or tell them where to leave it, OR you can ask them to hold your mail at the post office. Then you can pick it up yourself. .

this kind of stuff happens. So you want USPS mailcarriers to know that you are on top of your mail.
    That mail guy is part of every AOS filler top 5 nightmare!
    Last edited by samlynn; 08-18-2018, 03:22 PM.
    Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
    03/30/18: Package sent
    04/02/18: PD
    04/20/18: NoAs mail
    05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
    05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
    05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
    Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
    09/29/18: SR
    10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
    10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
    10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
      That mail guy is part of every AOS filler top 5 nightmare!
      LoL yes!

Comment

• Share my timeline

Marriage to USC, PD 03-14-18
        4-02 NoAs mail
        4-13 Bio Walk-in
        4-16 Bio reviewed and still processing
        4-17 Ready to be scheduled for interview
        8-08 I-765 New card being produced
        8-13 Interview was scheduled
        8-15 Combo card mail
        9-18 Interview

I never thought interview came so fast and just started to prepare the evidence of bona fide marriage. I opened the joint bank account yesterday. I know it's late but I really have not much evidence. I only have tax return together last year and several photos of me and my husband taking at home. I?ll do the health and car insurance later. I already feel very nervous about the upcoming interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shannon View Post
          4-02 NoAs mail
          4-13 Bio Walk-in
          8-15 Combo card mail
          9-18 Interview

I never thought interview came so fast and just started to prepare the evidence of bona fide marriage. I opened the joint bank account yesterday. I know it's late but I really have not much evidence. I only have tax return together last year and several photos of me and my husband taking at home. I?ll do the health and car insurance later. I already feel very nervous about the upcoming interview.
          Shannon, send me a message. Read through this thread first. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips (***SORRY!!! Forgot to add the link the first time I posted my response)

Focus on my Table of Contents on #3 first. We had to get creative creative. I also included explanations of how I did it. Then take a look at the table of contents put together by Emerald 2020. That's #9.

You have more evidence than you think you do. You just have to get creative, and follow my advice. This is not the time to be cutting corners.

The first thing you want to do is put a timeline of your relationship together, OK? Just focus on listing key events from the day that you met your spouse. It's important that you show the longevity of your relationship since you will not have a long history of joint documents, joint responsibilities, health insurance, life insurance etc. That's all fine. It's KEY that USCIS does not think that you met on Monday, then got married on Wednesday and filed on Friday. That's asking to be suspected of fraud even if that could not be farther from the truth. Evidence of bona fide marriage is not limited only to evidence collected from the date of your marriage. It refers to your intentions. So if you two dated for a while, whether it was a short or long engagement, you want to establish the timeline from the date you met, OK?

I am going to send you a message because I probably confused you with my initial post. I am also guessing that you did not send evidence of bona fide marriage with your package. That's OK. It can be fixed.

All the best,

USCFSS
          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-19-2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shannon View Post
            4-02 NoAs mail
            4-13 Bio Walk-in
            8-15 Combo card mail
            9-18 Interview

I second USCFFS, message him as I also see you might need to add more than just recent joint bank account. Best of Luck.
            Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
            03/30/2018 - PD
            04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
            04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
            05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
            05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
            09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Combo cards received - some relief.

March filer received today Combo cards (EAD & AP) for I and dependent. In a nick of time as my earlier EAD was expiring in a month.

Anyone one have any thoughts on the wait for interview?
              And when approx the dates become current for EB1 this year. Heard might go down to December or even 1Q of 2019.

Timeline:
              When 485 Package sent to USCIS: 3/27/2018
              When 485 Package received by USCIS: 3/28/2018
              Which Service Center reviewing: MSC (NBC) (supposed to be TSC!!)
              When Text/Email notices sent: N/A
              When Cashed: 4/12/2018
              When Physical Notices mailed: 04/11/2018
              When Physical Notices received: 04/17/2018 (6 notices)
              When Fingerprint notice sent: 04/14/2018
              When Fingerprint notice received: 04/20/2018
              When Fingerprint notice scheduled: 05/04/2018
              When EAD Text/Email approval:08/14/2018
              When EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/15/2018 (combo card -EAD & AP with fingerprint)
              When AP Text/Email approval:not updated online
              When AP Physical cards mailed: combo card
              When Interview notice mailed- waiting
              When Interview scheduled - waiting
              When I-485 approved - waiting
              When GC card mailed - waiting

Comment

• Update

Hello again all!

I haven't posted on here recently, but I am back with a couple questions. I've been busy the past couple months since our biometrics apppointment!

My husband's biometrics were done on 05/05/2018, and on 06/04/2028 we called USCIS to check on our case since there had been ZERO update to our online account. it's been over three months since biometrics have completed and no progress, no work permit, nothing. the last time we called (almost two months ago) they told us everything was processing normally, but now when I go to check my status online it says I cannot connect to the "check case status" option. I tried on my phone, laptop, on wifi and on data, and still couldn't get to this feature to check our case.

My two questions are:

Are there any other March filers that are STILL waiting on their work permits?

and

Is anyone else experiencing problems checking their case online with USCIS?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
                  Hello again all!

I haven't posted on here recently, but I am back with a couple questions. I've been busy the past couple months since our biometrics apppointment!

My husband's biometrics were done on 05/05/2018, and on 06/04/2028 we called USCIS to check on our case since there had been ZERO update to our online account. it's been over three months since biometrics have completed and no progress, no work permit, nothing. the last time we called (almost two months ago) they told us everything was processing normally, but now when I go to check my status online it says I cannot connect to the "check case status" option. I tried on my phone, laptop, on wifi and on data, and still couldn't get to this feature to check our case.

My two questions are:

and

Thanks in advance.
                  They were doing an update about an hour ago when I did a search on the USCIS case tracker app. It showed "offline"

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                    They were doing an update about an hour ago when I did a search on the USCIS case tracker app. It showed "offline"
                    Same. I'll check again later tonight but hopefully things will be back online soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
                    I filed on 3/2, still waiting for combo card... this is very frustrating
                    I'm still waiting too... -_-

Comment

• Good news, but confused?

Just got this message on the USCIS case tracker app. PD 3/21/18

Interview Was Scheduled
                      On August 20, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But then the following message via email. No EAD/AP yet. Does this mean the interview has been scheduled? or is line to be scheduled? Anyone else familiar with the 'Testing and Interview' status? Waiting game for the notice in the mail, I guess.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSC YYYY YYYY XX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On August 20, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
                      Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
                      Last edited by Krittika Govil; 08-20-2018, 03:09 PM. Reason: redact personal information
                      Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
                      3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
                      3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                      3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
                      4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
                      4/25 - Biometrics appt
                      5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
                      6/06 - Change of Address Completed
                      8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
                      9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
                      9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post

Interview Was Scheduled
                        On August 20, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But then the following message via email. No EAD/AP yet. Does this mean the interview has been scheduled? or is line to be scheduled? Anyone else familiar with the 'Testing and Interview' status? Waiting game for the notice in the mail, I guess.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

On August 20, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
                        Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

It sounds like you got your interview date! Thats awesome!! So happy for you!
                        Goodluck to you. Nail that interview!
                        B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                        FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                        4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                        5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                        5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                        9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                        9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                        9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                        9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                        2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                        3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                        3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Interview date

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                          It sounds like you got your interview date! Thats awesome!! So happy for you!
                          Goodluck to you. Nail that interview!
                          Hi! I was wondering, how long after your case status changed to "your case is ready to be schedule for interview" until you actually had your interview scheduled?? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! I was wondering, how long after your case status changed to "your case is ready to be schedule for interview" until you actually had your interview scheduled?? Thanks!

Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post

Interview Was Scheduled

Sincerely,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, my EAD was approved on August 10 (case status changed on-line). I received the letter on August 15. Then on August 15 I received my case status changed on line to "your card has been sent". But today I received my new Social security card, but it didn't come with the EAD. Everywhere I look online it seems that the EAD card should arrive before the social. But I received the social first! is that normal?? Or should I have received the EAD? I know it has been only 5 days since it was shipped, but I don't know why I got one thing and not the other. And it seems I can't work with that social, that I need the EAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, yes, I filed on March and I am still waiting on my EAD. I haven't had problems with my case status page though. 5 days ago my case status changed to card mailed, but I didn't get it yet. I got my social which is so weird that I got the social before the EAD. I'm so confused...

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
                          Hello again all!

My two questions are:

and

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Biometrics walkin

Hey guys. I am based in Atlanta. I have a scheduled bio on the 27th of August. I see a lot of people gere do walk-in . Can I do it too?
                            TPS holder. Married LPR 11/14/14/USC 8/19/17
                            Child 1/2016
                            Feb 19 2018:PD just I-130 I765 crooked lawyer did not file concurrently. My medical is sitting here + my IRS transcripts.
                            Feb 23:RFIE (I130A) long story
                            May 23: RFIE received.
                            Aug 20: lawyer called to pick up bio paper. Shocked.
                            Aug 8:PD I485 according to the form
                            Aug21: Bio done walkin (scheduled gor Aug 27)
                            Aug 22: RFIE mailed
                            Aug 23:RFIE mailed
                            8/27:RFIE received for I864&original birth certificate

Comment

• ss and EAD

Originally posted by Kathy234 View Post
                              When they approve your EAD they send your info to ss office so you will receive it in separate envelope from ss office. Depends when they mail it , I got ssn in a mail day before EAD , some get day or 2 after...
                              Hi! I got the ss also before my EAD. Got my ss today but EAD hasn't arrived. Did you need to sign for the EAD? I'm normally never home to sign! Thanks!!

Comment

• Hi all!

I'm a March filer as well. March 29/18. Went for bio May 9/18. Case ready to be scheduled for interview July 27/18. I can't see any updates on my EAD or travel doc, it's been stuck on "rejected G28, improperly filled" since day one! Which is just a form to have attorney file for you. It's been fixed but not updated on site. I've called and was told everything is still within processing time.

Last week I decided to take a shot and file for expedite. As my husband works out of state and I'm stranded in rural area. Received letter today requesting additional evidence for expedite. I honestly don't know what to send! If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate them Otherwise I"ll just have to be patient. Hoping Im near the end with or without expedite.

Thanks for reading!
                                Good luck to all

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X