Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
    Hi! I got the ss also before my EAD. Got my ss today but EAD hasn't arrived. Did you need to sign for the EAD? I'm normally never home to sign! Thanks!!
    I didn't need to. It was in my mail box.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
    Hi! I got the ss also before my EAD. Got my ss today but EAD hasn't arrived. Did you need to sign for the EAD? I'm normally never home to sign! Thanks!!
    In most of the offices you can. Maybe you can use the search tool to look for specificly Atlanta offices.
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
    03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
    04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
    04/11- cheques cashed
    04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
    04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
    05/02- Biometrics walk-in
    08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
    08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
    08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

• Congrats! That's a fast timeline for Boston, MA

Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview
      Congratulations on your interview! Interviews are usually scheduled 4 weeks in advance. That's what we've seen lately.
      "Testing and Interview" - That's just part of the generic template they use for both the N-400 and I-485 interview. You would think they would have a template for each. They don't. Instead, people have to sort through it and decide what applies to them. That's USCIS right there.

Now it's time to prep your evidence for the interview!

Comment

• Thank you! <3

Thanks guys! So much reassurance during the grind we're all in together here. Lots of guidance for interview prep to be had too; USCFFS your compilation article is very helpful - thank you.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        Congratulations on your interview! Interviews are usually scheduled 4 weeks in advance. That's what we've seen lately.
        "Testing and Interview" - That's just part of the generic template they use for both the N-400 and I-485 interview. You would think they would have a template for each. They don't. Instead, people have to sort through it and decide what applies to them. That's USCIS right there.

Now it's time to prep your evidence for the interview!
        Yay! Thank you! So excited! Boston case times currently say 11-24 months for family I-485, but this is much earlier. Hopefully yours will be too.

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
        It sounds like you got your interview date! Thats awesome!! So happy for you!
        Goodluck to you. Nail that interview!
        Just spoke with a Tier 2 officer. The notice was mailed yesterday. Interview scheduled for 9/24 11:30 am Boston FO. 132 days (4 months 9 days) from 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'.

Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
        Hi! I was wondering, how long after your case status changed to "your case is ready to be schedule for interview" until you actually had your interview scheduled?? Thanks
        Last edited by Krittika Govil; 08-21-2018, 09:36 AM. Reason: Interview date update
        Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
        3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
        3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
        3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
        4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
        4/25 - Biometrics appt
        5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
        6/06 - Change of Address Completed
        8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
        9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
        9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Hello everybody!

Just got my EAD and SSN.
          03/20/2018 (Day 1): Marriage AOS / NBC.
          03/28/2018 (Day 8): USCIS cashed the check.
          04/05/2018 (Day 16): 4 NOAs.
          04/13/2018 (Day 24): Sent RFE.
          04/18/2018 (Day 29): Walked in.
          04/21/2018 (Day 32): RFE.
          05/24/2018 (Day 65): RFE response.
          06/03/2018 (Day 75): Courtesy Letter.
          08/14/2018 (Day 147): Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
          08/15/2018 (Day 148): EAD is being produced.
          08/17/2018 (Day 150): EAD was mailed.
          08/21/2018 (Day 154): EAD and SSN in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
            Thanks guys! So much reassurance during the grind we're all in together here. Lots of guidance for interview prep to be had too; USCFFS your compilation article is very helpful - thank you.
            You're so welcome! I am not on the forum as often. When you are ready for some feedback on your Table of contents, just send me a private message with a link to the thread where you posted it. I will be happy to critique it.

Just rearranged the links in an order that makes more sense, and added a new one. Here you go https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...458#post578458

Pay special attention to the way that #2 (Passe) described their commingling of finances. It is not up to the Immigration Officers to connect the dots. We've seen that backfire in the past.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Originally posted by HSH.94 View Post
              Hello everybody!

Just got my EAD and SSN.

Congratulations!
              I?m on Day 144, still no news with my combo card. App still says -case received-
              B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
              FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
              4/20/18 Received 4 letters
              5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
              5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
              9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
              9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
              9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
              9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
              9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
              2/17/19 Traveled abroad
              3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
              3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by HSH.94 View Post
                Hello everybody!

Just got my EAD and SSN.
                CONGRATULATIONS!
                one step more!
                Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                03/30/18: Package sent
                04/02/18: PD
                04/20/18: NoAs mail
                05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                09/29/18: SR
                10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• I 131 approved Aug24!!!

Originally posted by JessielinD View Post
                  Hi all!

I'm a March filer as well. March 29/18. Went for bio May 9/18. Case ready to be scheduled for interview July 27/18. I can't see any updates on my EAD or travel doc, it's been stuck on "rejected G28, improperly filled" since day one! Which is just a form to have attorney file for you. It's been fixed but not updated on site. I've called and was told everything is still within processing time.

Last week I decided to take a shot and file for expedite. As my husband works out of state and I'm stranded in rural area. Received letter today requesting additional evidence for expedite. I honestly don't know what to send! If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate them Otherwise I"ll just have to be patient. Hoping Im near the end with or without expedite.

Thanks for reading!
                  Good luck to all

Update!
                  I 131 was approved!! Aug24
                  Still no change on I 765.. don?t they usually come hand in hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by JessielinD View Post
                    Update!
                    I 131 was approved!! Aug24
                    Still no change on I 765.. don?t they usually come hand in hand?

Congrats! What?s your PD?
                    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                    2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

• My husband just got approved yesterday at his interview! I just posted a really long post explaining how the interview went and you can read that here ( https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...a-Field-Office) if you like.

Here's our timeline:

Filed I-130, I-485 (+ I-864 and I-693), and I-765 concurrently originally through Manchester NH, but we moved to Tampa FL in the middle of the process.

3/21/18 - sent application through USPS certified mail, Chicago Lockbox
                      3/23 - Application accepted by USCIS
                      4/9 - Receive notice that I-765 is outdated, send in updated form and payment (they did not send any of the documents or the passport pics we had sent in back with the notice. We also called the hotline to confirm that no fee was needed since it was filed with the I-485. The agent told us on both parts that USCIS made a mistake.)
                      4/9 - Receive biometrics appointment for 4/27
                      4/13 - I-765 accepted by USCIS
                      4/21 - attempt early walk-in for biometrics - our facility does not accept walk-ins and tells us to come back on 4/27
                      4/27 - biometrics are taken
                      4/30 - 5/19 - a whole lot of drama with my husbands EAD which he needed to start his new job in Florida. We are originally from NH and were moving for his job that was set to start at the end of May and got pushed back to beginning of June. To see that whole timeline check out this thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...279#post567279
                      5/7 - Ready to Schedule Interview
                      6/1 - Move to Florida, stay in an AirBnb while trying to find housing
                      6/9 - Address Change request sent via uscis website
                      6/11 - Interview has been scheduled... In NH
                      6/14 - Address change request accepted

Call USCIS and see if, even though we moved, we can still attend the interview in NH so we don't have to go to the end of the waiting list for Tampa. Tier 1 Officer said it should be fine. Weeks later we find out from a lawyer we called to possibly come with us to the interview that the IO would most likely not conduct the interview if we came back to NH, because it's no longer in their jurisdiction....

7/2 - Call USCIS hotline and confirmed that we should cancel and reschedule interview. Send a request to cancel and reschedule.
                      7/6 - Interview is rescheduled for Tampa Bay on 8/23
                      8/1 - Receive a letter from the Tampa Bay FO saying our interview is on 9/7...
                      8/20 - Confirmed that the interview is for 8/23 (every time we called we couldn't be transferred to Tier 2 officer)
                      8/23 - Interview completed, approved on the spot, and 15 minutes after leaving we get the text message saying the card has been ordered and case approved. Oh, and we spoke to someone at the Tampa Office check in desk. The reason we got two interview dates is because USCIS HQ rescheduled our interview from our request, as well as the Tampa office. He told us there was a special note on our case that if we didn't show up for the 8/23 interview then to keep our file open until 9/7.

Comment

• Update EAD/AP Approved as of August 22, 2018 - 150 days after Receipt Date

The long wait for work permit and travel document is over.
                        Waiting for the cards to get in the mail.
                        Much thanks to this community for keeping us encouraged.
                        For those who still have to get theirs, youre next 🙃
                        Will be keeping this group posted on the interview.
                        Cheers!

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                        Thank you for the encouragement. Persistence.

AOS c(9) concurrent filing from Seattle, WA
                        PD: March 22, 2018
                        Chicago Lockbox
                        RD: April 6, 2018
                        National Benefits Center
                        Biometrics: 4/27/18
                        RFE: 6/11/18
                        RFE RD: 6/21/18
                        Last status update: 7/05/18 by email - "we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" "we will notify you when your case status changes, we last took action on your case on June 21, 2018". :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by kkannan View Post
                          My husband just got approved yesterday at his interview! I just posted a really long post explaining how the interview went and you can read that here ( https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...a-Field-Office) if you like.

Here's our timeline:

Filed I-130, I-485 (+ I-864 and I-693), and I-765 concurrently originally through Manchester NH, but we moved to Tampa FL in the middle of the process.

3/21/18 - sent application through USPS certified mail, Chicago Lockbox
                          3/23 - Application accepted by USCIS
                          4/9 - Receive notice that I-765 is outdated, send in updated form and payment (they did not send any of the documents or the passport pics we had sent in back with the notice. We also called the hotline to confirm that no fee was needed since it was filed with the I-485. The agent told us on both parts that USCIS made a mistake.)
                          4/9 - Receive biometrics appointment for 4/27
                          4/13 - I-765 accepted by USCIS
                          4/21 - attempt early walk-in for biometrics - our facility does not accept walk-ins and tells us to come back on 4/27
                          4/27 - biometrics are taken
                          4/30 - 5/19 - a whole lot of drama with my husbands EAD which he needed to start his new job in Florida. We are originally from NH and were moving for his job that was set to start at the end of May and got pushed back to beginning of June. To see that whole timeline check out this thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...279#post567279
                          5/7 - Ready to Schedule Interview
                          6/1 - Move to Florida, stay in an AirBnb while trying to find housing
                          6/9 - Address Change request sent via uscis website
                          6/11 - Interview has been scheduled... In NH
                          6/14 - Address change request accepted

Call USCIS and see if, even though we moved, we can still attend the interview in NH so we don't have to go to the end of the waiting list for Tampa. Tier 1 Officer said it should be fine. Weeks later we find out from a lawyer we called to possibly come with us to the interview that the IO would most likely not conduct the interview if we came back to NH, because it's no longer in their jurisdiction....

7/2 - Call USCIS hotline and confirmed that we should cancel and reschedule interview. Send a request to cancel and reschedule.
                          7/6 - Interview is rescheduled for Tampa Bay on 8/23
                          8/1 - Receive a letter from the Tampa Bay FO saying our interview is on 9/7...
                          8/20 - Confirmed that the interview is for 8/23 (every time we called we couldn't be transferred to Tier 2 officer)
                          8/23 - Interview completed, approved on the spot, and 15 minutes after leaving we get the text message saying the card has been ordered and case approved. Oh, and we spoke to someone at the Tampa Office check in desk. The reason we got two interview dates is because USCIS HQ rescheduled our interview from our request, as well as the Tampa office. He told us there was a special note on our case that if we didn't show up for the 8/23 interview then to keep our file open until 9/7.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! is so good to see that kind of news!
                          wishing you the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                          Cheers!
                          That give me hope! My PD is April 02, so it must be close! hehehehehe congratulations!
                          05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                            Cheers!
                            Congrats! This gives me hope! I?m reaching Day 150 myself.
                            Just keeping my head up and being patient.
                            FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                            9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                            2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

• UScitizenFilingforspouse, please check your inbox when you can.
                              Thanks!

Comment

• You'll be up soon

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                                Congrats! This gives me hope! I?m reaching Day 150 myself.
                                Just keeping my head up and being patient.
                                My PD is 3/21 and I just got 'Card is being produced' last Fri (Aug 24th). Hang in there!
                                Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
                                3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
                                3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                                3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
                                4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
                                4/25 - Biometrics appt
                                5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
                                6/06 - Change of Address Completed
                                8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
                                9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
                                9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X