Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JessielinD View Post
    How can I check status of SSN?
    Go back to your application document for EAD or AOS, did you ask for a social security number to be issued to you?
    If yes, you should receive your SS card in the mail.
    If no, you need to go to SS office when you receive your combo card.
    This is only a personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.
    Cheers ")

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Riszo View Post
    This question is for you gaps0214:- did you get both AP and AED approval notice simultaneously or did you only receive the AED notice of aproval and the combo card was mailed to you. I am asking because I received the notice of AED approval via email yesterday but didnt received notice of approval for my AP. I am hoping that the combo card will be mailed to me because I applied for both.
    Hi there, yes, I received both AP and EAD approval notice with the same date stamps, although they arrived in separate mail.
    I still have to receive my combo card though, my online status for this still reads "Card is being Produced"

Comment

• Still waiting.

I?ve prayed to all Gods I could think of.
      Still waiting for my card.
      This is beyond torture...
      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
        I?ve prayed to all Gods I could think of.
        Still waiting for my card.
        This is beyond torture...
        Yes I can feel it, same situation here, my last work project is done, I have so many job offers but cannot join till I have my EAD as my current visa expires in a month and no project is less than a month, I do nothing at home just sitting and waiting. I have to go back to my home country as my father is not doing well, sometimes I just feel like just flying out but then I think of my US born spouse who is accustomed to living here. This period is ridiculous, I can wait for years for an interview or greencard as long as they let me do daily chore by giving me an EAD.
        Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
        03/30/2018 - PD
        04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
        04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
        05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
        05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
        09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
          Yes I can feel it, same situation here, my last work project is done, I have so many job offers but cannot join till I have my EAD as my current visa expires in a month and no project is less than a month, I do nothing at home just sitting and waiting. I have to go back to my home country as my father is not doing well, sometimes I just feel like just flying out but then I think of my US born spouse who is accustomed to living here. This period is ridiculous, I can wait for years for an interview or greencard as long as they let me do daily chore by giving me an EAD.
          I think that you can apply for expedite your EAD if you have job offers!!
          Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
          03/30/18: Package sent
          04/02/18: PD
          04/20/18: NoAs mail
          05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
          05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
          05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
          Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
          09/29/18: SR
          10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
          10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
          10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
            I think that you can apply for expedite your EAD if you have job offers!!
            I have a Info Pass appointment coming up so may be I can bring that up. I recently spoke to a level 1 officer and she said father being ill and admitted in hospital is no longer an emergency and she said if you are going to lose your job we cannot help you because we can only expedite if there is financial loss (she said "I mean millions you see" ) to the company and they should call us along with you being on the line. I had no idea if she knew what she was talking about. How can the company who is offering me a job will lose millions if I don't join them.

Anyway, lets see if I can get something out of Infopass.
            03/30/2018 - PD
            04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
            04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
            05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)

Comment

• Good luck!

Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
              I have a Info Pass appointment coming up so may be I can bring that up. I recently spoke to a level 1 officer and she said father being ill and admitted in hospital is no longer an emergency and she said if you are going to lose your job we cannot help you because we can only expedite if there is financial loss (she said "I mean millions you see" ) to the company and they should call us along with you being on the line. I had no idea if she knew what she was talking about. How can the company who is offering me a job will lose millions if I don't join them.

Anyway, lets see if I can get something out of Infopass.
              Good luck on the infopass appointment. I was told by my congressman's immigration rep that the expedite under category 'Financial loss' really means financial loss to a US citizen or company eg. If your USC spouse is in grad school and you are the sole breadwinner of the family, or if your company is a small non-profit of which you are a key player, or if you are a bilingual doctor who 'adds great value to doing good for the citizens of the US' and is critically needed by a hospital. Making the argument becomes harder for mid-large size companies.

Fingers crossed for you!
              Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
              3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
              3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
              3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
              4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
              4/25 - Biometrics appt
              5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
              6/06 - Change of Address Completed
              8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
              9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
              9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
                Good luck on the infopass appointment. I was told by my congressman's immigration rep that the expedite under category 'Financial loss' really means financial loss to a US citizen or company eg. If your USC spouse is in grad school and you are the sole breadwinner of the family, or if your company is a small non-profit of which you are a key player, or if you are a bilingual doctor who 'adds great value to doing good for the citizens of the US' and is critically needed by a hospital. Making the argument becomes harder for mid-large size companies.

Fingers crossed for you!
                Thank you for the suggestions, I am the sole bread winner in my house, so ya may be I can bring that up, other options would be hard for me to go for.
                03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

i have a info pass appointment coming up so may be i can bring that up. I recently spoke to a level 1 officer and she said father being ill and admitted in hospital is no longer an emergency and she said if you are going to lose your job we cannot help you because we can only expedite if there is financial loss (she said "i mean millions you see" ) to the company and they should call us along with you being on the line. I had no idea if she knew what she was talking about. How can the company who is offering me a job will lose millions if i don't join them.

Anyway, lets see if i can get something out of infopass.
                  good luck!!!
                  Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                  03/30/18: Package sent
                  04/02/18: PD
                  04/20/18: NoAs mail
                  05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                  05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                  05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                  Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                  09/29/18: SR
                  10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                  10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                  10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Any update fellow March filers?
                    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                    2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                      Any update fellow March filers?
                      No update from me, but I guess the processing time has become little better reducing half a month, case enquiry is at march 3rd right now which is some good news.
                      03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

No update from me, but I guess the processing time has become little better reducing half a month, case enquiry is at march 3rd right now which is some good news.

We?re almost there.
                        FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                        2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

• Faster Than Expected

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                          I was pleasantly surprised earlier this week when the online portal notified me an interview had been scheduled with my local DC office. Because of the Labor Day holiday I still haven?t gotten the letter, but I did start gathering my immunization records to take to the doctor soon for my medical form. I couldn?t figure out online if these civil surgeons authorized to fill in the form have a flat rate? The doc at my usual practice charges $250 for the form + cost of lab tests they might have to run. Is that in line with what you all experienced or would you recommend shopping around?
                          DC Field office filing of marriage based AOS. Timeline:

03/09/18 - I-485 & I-130 accepted (PD)
                          04/06/18 - I-765 accepted (PD)
                          04/06/18 - Biometrics appointment
                          04/17/18 - Biometrics Review Completed
                          07/03/18 - EAD expedite request submitted
                          07/09/18 - Pink courtesy notice for I-693 medical
                          07/10/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                          07/26/18 - Inquiry into EAD expedite, no update
                          08/01/18 - EAD has been mailed
                          08/27/18 - Interview scheduled e-notification

Comment

• Please fellow fillers help answer these questions

Quick Questions:-

I am filling from Maryland. PD April 2nd. Biometric done April 30 and no update since then. The only update on USCIS website since 4/10/18 is we received your case.

1) The field office is Baltimore. What is the waiting time for Baltimore field office? Do you know by any chance?

2) Do you get both AP and AED approval notice simultaneously or do you only receive the AED notice of aproval and the combo card mail to you. I am asking because I received the notice of AED approval via email on 8/28/18 but didnt received notice of approval for my AP. I am hoping that the combo card will be mailed to me because I applied for both.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
                              I I couldn?t figure out online if these civil surgeons authorized to fill in the form have a flat rate? The doc at my usual practice charges $250 for the form + cost of lab tests they might have to run. Is that in line with what you all experienced or would you recommend shopping around?
                              Congratulations. $250-350 was the range I found when looking around, depending on if additional tests/immunizations need to be administered. I don't think there is a flat rate but most are similar in cost. My insurance said these exams are typically out of pocket - they didn't cover it. Annoying but true. Be mindful of when you can get an appt asap with a certified doc in the next few weeks.
                              Marriage based AOS. Boston FO.
                              3/21 - Concurrent Filing I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
                              3/29 - Fingerprint Fee accepted
                              3/31 - Four NOA1's e-notice/text
                              4/02 - Four NOA1's in the mail
                              4/25 - Biometrics appt
                              5/15 - AOS I-485 status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview'
                              6/06 - Change of Address Completed
                              8/20 - Interview was scheduled (9/24)
                              9/8 - EAD/AP card delivered by mail
                              9/24 - Interview @ Boston FO - Approved on the spot!

Comment

• EAD is being produced!

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                                Just got a text and an email saying my card is being produced!!! Waited for 6 months!!!
                                PD - 3/2/2018
                                Biometrics - sometime in April
                                RFIE - 7/3
                                Response to RFE received - 7/16
                                Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                                EAD is being produced - 9/4
                                Combo card in hand - 9/11
                                Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X