Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krittika Govil View Post
    Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!

@B3b3g1

Same exact process here except I didn't see a USPS tracking number on the case tracking app or via email, and when I spoke to a T2 officer, he said it hadn't been assigned yet. But I received a combo card in the mail the very next day. Took just over a week from 'Card is being produced > We ordered your card > Card has been mailed to you'. It is a combo card.
    Ty so much. Goodluck on your interview. Congrats in advance! I know you got it.
    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
      It's something on the mail!!!!
      let's pray is not a RFE! hahahahaha
      Did your status change to suspect the mail is from USCIS?
      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
      03/30/2018 - PD
      04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
      04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
      05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
      05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
      09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

It's something on the mail!!!!
        let's pray is not a RFE! hahahahaha
        Courtesy letter for I-693.... again!
        Ok, that was just frustrating af.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
        Did your status change to suspect the mail is from USCIS?
        I got the Informed Delivery email...
        Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
        03/30/18: Package sent
        04/02/18: PD
        04/20/18: NoAs mail
        05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
        05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
        05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
        Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
        09/29/18: SR
        10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
        10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
        10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

Courtesy letter for I-693.... again!
          Ok, that was just frustrating af.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the Informed Delivery email...

That's so frustrating, especially when you re waiting for an approval. Why again you would get the courtesy letter, weird.
          03/30/2018 - PD
          04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
          04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
          05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
            That's so frustrating, especially when you re waiting for an approval. Why again you would get the courtesy letter, weird.
            I am trying to look at the bright side... maybe it means that someone is looking at the process... don't know.
            Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
            03/30/18: Package sent
            04/02/18: PD
            04/20/18: NoAs mail
            05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
            05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
            05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
            Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
            09/29/18: SR
            10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
            10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
            10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

I am trying to look at the bright side... maybe it means that someone is looking at the process... don't know.
              True. It means someone is looking at your case.
              It could be that they?re going to schedule you sooner than you think.
              Hoping for the best.
              FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
              9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
              2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

Afrolinda, you and me, looks like we are both are the only ones left in this thread who are yet to get the EAD approval, or are they few others?
                03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

Afrolinda, you and me, looks like we are both are the only ones left in this thread who are yet to get the EAD approval, or are they few others?
                  HERE! me too. it fills me with joy to see the movements around here, but it depresses me to not seeing mine. jaja lol

lest hope during this week maybe!
                  Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                  3/26/18 From Miami
                  4/1/18 Received
                  4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                  4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                  4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                  4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                  4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                  5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                  9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                  9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                  9/22/18 SSN in hand
                  1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

I suspect the system is glitching out AGAIN. The DHS account also looks different. Maybe the only way to trigger the interview to be scheduled is by re-issuing the I-693 courtesy letter?

Their system is archaic and it's about time the switch the AOS process to the system they use for naturalization applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
                      HERE! me too. it fills me with joy to see the movements around here, but it depresses me to not seeing mine. jaja lol

lest hope during this week maybe!
                      Alright that makes us three. hope we all get it soon.
                      03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                        Did you talk to a person?
                        I wouldnt be too worried if I were you. Or if you really want to make sure it?s there, talk to a level 2 officer.
                        Congratulations on your combo card!
                        I spoke with a level 1 officer who said my file is already at the field office and had no answer as to why I can't check my case status on the phone system. I didn't ask for a level 2 since I have an Info pass next week and by now I'm convinced its just a glitch.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        I suspect the system is glitching out AGAIN. The DHS account also looks different. Maybe the only way to trigger the interview to be scheduled is by re-issuing the I-693 courtesy letter?

Their system is archaic and it's about time the switch the AOS process to the system they use for naturalization applications.
                        I agree with UScitizen. My DHS account shows everything twice and I haven't been able to check my case status on the phone since last week. Hopefully the glitch won't give us an interview while on vacation tho lol
                        Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
                        3-12-18 - Priority date
                        4-09-18 - Biometrics done
                        5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
                        5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
                        6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                        7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
                        7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
                        7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by belu31 View Post
                          Congratulations on your combo card!
                          I spoke with a level 1 officer who said my file is already at the field office and had no answer as to why I can't check my case status on the phone system. I didn't ask for a level 2 since I have an Info pass next week and by now I'm convinced its just a glitch.

I agree with UScitizen. My DHS account shows everything twice and I haven't been able to check my case status on the phone since last week. Hopefully the glitch won't give us an interview while on vacation tho lol
                          Thank you!
                          Quick question, were u able to get your license and ssn already?
                          I was wondering if i could go get my license first this coming staurday then head to social security monday. I wonder if theyll let me. Or ssn is required first to get dl?
                          Last edited by BayAreaCaliAOS; 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM.
                          FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                          9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                          2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

Thank you!
                            Quick question, were u able to get your license and ssn already?
                            I was wondering if i could go get my license first this coming staurday then head to social security monday. I wonder if theyll let me. Or ssn is required first to get dl?
                            The I-765 form has a checkbox that if checked, prompts the Social Security Administration to issue a Social Security Card to you. If you checked it, it should arrive by mail soon.

Comment

• Oh great!

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              The I-765 form has a checkbox that if checked, prompts the Social Security Administration to issue a Social Security Card to you. If you checked it, it should arrive by mail soon.
                              Oh thats great!
                              So I don't need to go to Social Security then.
                              I'm so excited! I'm definitely going to DMV first thing this Saturday.
                              Thanks for your help and advices USFFS! We really appreciate it!
                              FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                              9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                              2/17/19 Traveled abroad

Comment

Oh thats great!
                                So I don't need to go to Social Security then.
                                I'm so excited! I'm definitely going to DMV first thing this Saturday.
                                Thanks for your help and advices USFFS! We really appreciate it!
                                You're so welcome! By the way, the DMV is a crazy place all through summer. Kids are just going back to school now. So it might still be busy. Here in Minnesota, you have to call the main/central number and you can make an appointment. If you are applying for a driver's license, and you have an international driver's license, you should be able to skip getting the driver's ed permit. You will likely have to take a written and practical/driving test. My husband took the driving test twice. The first proctor asked him to make a left turn and he, of course, was nervous and made it from the wrong lane. That DMV had a track and the lines dividing the lanes were not visible.

All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X