Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
    Congrats on your EAD/AP!

- - - Updated - - -

So I just got my ead/ap card, and didn't come with my SS card. How would I know if they will deliver my SSN? I was thinking of going to Social Security and ask if they provided me with one already and just wait for it to be delivered.
    Thank you, yes status changed to "Case is Approved" for EAD and AP, when do you think I can expect the card in mail?
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/30/2018 - PD
    04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
    04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
    05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
    05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
    09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
      Thank you, yes status changed to "Case is Approved" for EAD and AP, when do you think I can expect the card in mail?
      Well I got mine exactly 6days after it changed to ?Case is Approved?. But if it?s been approved for a couple days now, then you should get it sooner.
      Also got tracking number through usps first, then the app.
      So make sure you registered on USPS for informed delivery.
      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

I would say that you will have it in hand by Friday or Saturday. Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! 🎉 you got text and email or it only changed on the website? That?s so good!!
          Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
          03/30/18: Package sent
          04/02/18: PD
          04/20/18: NoAs mail
          05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
          05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
          05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
          Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
          09/29/18: SR
          10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
          10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
          10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

Yes Indeed, they are requesting more evidence from you, which means it is now your turn to talk, till then your case will be on hold and resume when you answer the query. May be in some cases they might approve your EAD and still give you an RFE for documents which you might need later before your interview, although I doubt that in your case, as you got an RFE 10 days back and no status change on your EAD.
            Thank you for your reply. I was afraid exactly of this Not touching my case for 5 and a half months and then when I am finally near the front of the queue... If at least the RFIE would get here soon so I know what they need. The waiting is killing me. I am sick and tired of not making any money and feeling useless.

But I am seriously so happy for all who already got their EAD/APs
            C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
            03/23 PD
            04/10 4 NOAs I-797
            04/26 Biometrics in NO
            06/24 Fingerprint review completed
            09/05 RFIE I-485
            09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
            10/15 Infopass Montgomery
            10/17 reply to RFIE sent
            10/23 RFIE received by NBC
            10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
            11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
            11/09 New Card produced
            11/13 Approved 765 & 131
            11/15 EAD mailed to me
            11/17 2 NOAs I-797
            11/19 Combo received
            12/07 Interview scheduled
            01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
              Thank you for your reply. I was afraid exactly of this Not touching my case for 5 and a half months and then when I am finally near the front of the queue... If at least the RFIE would get here soon so I know what they need. The waiting is killing me. I am sick and tired of not making any money and feeling useless.

But I am seriously so happy for all who already got their EAD/APs
              Hopefully it will be just the medical exames as happened to me the other day!
              Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
              03/30/18: Package sent
              04/02/18: PD
              04/20/18: NoAs mail
              05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
              05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
              05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
              Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
              09/29/18: SR
              10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
              10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
              10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                I hope not, as I included the medical file for I-693 in sealed envelope with my concurrent filing along with I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 and I-864 :-o
                C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                03/23 PD
                04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                04/26 Biometrics in NO
                09/05 RFIE I-485
                10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                11/09 New Card produced
                11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                11/15 EAD mailed to me
                11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                11/19 Combo received
                01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

I hope not, as I included the medical file for I-693 in sealed envelope with my concurrent filing along with I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 and I-864 :-o
                  Did you get it in mail yet? I think lot of people are getting medical courtesy for second time which could be due to the glitch in the system and I think that's what afrolinda is referring to..
                  03/30/2018 - PD
                  04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                  04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                  05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)

Comment

Did you get it in mail yet? I think lot of people are getting medical courtesy for second time which could be due to the glitch in the system and I think that's what afrolinda is referring to..
                    It's possible. I have also noticed that if someone's interview is in the process of being scheduled, OR even once it's scheduled, the system starts purging old status updates to catch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                      Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                      It's possible. I have also noticed that if someone's interview is in the process of being scheduled, OR even once it's scheduled, the system starts purging old status updates to catch up.
                      Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
                      Oh, didn't think of that. No, I haven't received the RFIE in the mail yet, I am hoping today, we usually get mail early afternoon, so few more hours.

I was just stressing in advance, if it is medical papers I don't know how would I prove to them they I already submitted them.
                      But I should stop worrying about possible scenarios and wait and see what it is in RFIE
                      C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                      03/23 PD
                      04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                      04/26 Biometrics in NO
                      09/05 RFIE I-485
                      10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                      11/09 New Card produced
                      11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                      11/15 EAD mailed to me
                      11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                      11/19 Combo received
                      01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Oh, didn't think of that. No, I haven't received the RFIE in the mail yet, I am hoping today, we usually get mail early afternoon, so few more hours.

I was just stressing in advance, if it is medical papers I don't know how would I prove to them they I already submitted them.
                        But I should stop worrying about possible scenarios and wait and see what it is in RFIE
                        Just wait and see. If it's the I-693, I don't think that shows as a RFE. It's just a courtesy letter. It comes unannounced - I think.

Comment

• when to apply for EAD renewal

I wanted to know from people who already got the EAD, when are you planning to apply for EAD renewal, especially people from Houston or Minnesota? considering it will take at least 5 to 6 months fro processing or is there a minimum time before your EAD expire you can apply?

PS: I can see pictures of two mails from USCIS in USPS informed delivery section, I know one is the EAD, not sure about the other one.
                          03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

I wanted to know from people who already got the EAD, when are you planning to apply for EAD renewal, especially people from Houston or Minnesota? considering it will take at least 5 to 6 months fro processing or is there a minimum time before your EAD expire you can apply?

PS: I can see pictures of two mails from USCIS in USPS informed delivery section, I know one is the EAD, not sure about the other one.
                            LOL, CONGRATS!!! That was fast! I should mention, though, that there is a chance those two pieces of mail are the two approval notices, OK? If one of them is your combo card, AWESOME! Don't want you to be disappointed. One of them might even be your interview notice - though, it's a bit early for that.

You can mail in your renewal notice as early as 180 days. I wouldn't mail it earlier than that because they may reject it. You will get a renewal slip with a barcode. Make sure you keep it in a secure place. That will make your renewal faster. They'll just scan the barcode and your I-797 will be issued shortly after.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              LOL, CONGRATS!!! That was fast! I should mention, though, that there is a chance those two pieces of mail are the two approval notices, OK? If one of them is your combo card, AWESOME! Don't want you to be disappointed. One of them might even be your interview notice - though, it's a bit early for that.

You can mail in your renewal notice as early as 180 days. I wouldn't mail it earlier than that because they may reject it. You will get a renewal slip with a barcode. Make sure you keep it in a secure place. That will make your renewal faster. They'll just scan the barcode and your I-797 will be issued shortly after.
                              Thanks, Ya I guess you are right, status just changed today in the morning to "Card was mailed", so ya it could be approval notices. 180 days is good enough, I will not delay a day more than that...
                              03/30/2018 - PD

Comment

Thanks, Ya I guess you are right, status just changed today in the morning to "Card was mailed", so ya it could be approval notices. 180 days is good enough, I will not delay a day more than that...
                                I could very well be wrong there. I hope I am. It's just that you would have gotten the USPS tracking number by now, especially if you are signed up for Informed Delivery.

Regarding renewal, all you need to show that your EAD has been automatically extended for 180 days is your I-797. That's actually nice. I've noticed, though, that filing for renewal seems to trigger interviews to be scheduled. It might be coincidence, but it would make sense, if the system is actually set up that way.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X