Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
    Hi guys, I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica, 17 days. I didn't have any problem at CR airport as they scan the card as it was a green card. On the fortlauderdale airport I couldn't use the machines so the lady told me to go straight forwards with the officer. He just asked me if i haven't received the GC yet and then walked with me thru the secondary inspection room where I just spent 3 minutes till they stamp my passport with a Parole! Everybody were really friendly and respectful! Very nice experience using my Advance Parole
    Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I would like to go back to Slovakia next year, for 100% won't have GC by then, so I'm all eager to hear personal experiences.
    C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
    03/23 PD
    04/10 4 NOAs I-797
    04/26 Biometrics in NO
    06/24 Fingerprint review completed
    09/05 RFIE I-485
    09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
    10/15 Infopass Montgomery
    10/17 reply to RFIE sent
    10/23 RFIE received by NBC
    10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
    11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
    11/09 New Card produced
    11/13 Approved 765 & 131
    11/15 EAD mailed to me
    11/17 2 NOAs I-797
    11/19 Combo received
    12/07 Interview scheduled
    01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
      Hi guys, I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica, 17 days. I didn't have any problem at CR airport as they scan the card as it was a green card. On the fortlauderdale airport I couldn't use the machines so the lady told me to go straight forwards with the officer. He just asked me if i haven't received the GC yet and then walked with me thru the secondary inspection room where I just spent 3 minutes till they stamp my passport with a Parole! Everybody were really friendly and respectful! Very nice experience using my Advance Parole
      Thanks for sharing!
      Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
      3-12-18 - Priority date
      4-09-18 - Biometrics done
      5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
      5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
      6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
      7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
      7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
      7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Knocking on wood I don't jinx it

At 8:50pm CET I received text message that my case was updated. My EAD was mailed to me on Nov 15th. I'm so happy, but will believe it, when I have it in my hands
        Nov 9th - EAD card was ordered
        Nov 13th - 765 and 131 Approved

By the time I'll receive combo card and then SSN, I will be over 240 days (8 months) from filing, but I'm so glad that this part of the process will be finally over.

I knocked on wood that I will receive both with no problem - my husband had set up informed delivery and I made friends with delivery person, so hopefully this time the envelope won't be undeliverable for some reason...
        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
        03/23 PD
        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
        04/26 Biometrics in NO
        09/05 RFIE I-485
        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
        11/09 New Card produced
        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
        11/15 EAD mailed to me
        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
        11/19 Combo received
        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post
          At 8:50pm CET I received text message that my case was updated. My EAD was mailed to me on Nov 15th. I'm so happy, but will believe it, when I have it in my hands

By the time I'll receive combo card and then SSN, I will be over 240 days (8 months) from filing, but I'm so glad that this part of the process will be finally over.

I knocked on wood that I will receive both with no problem - my husband had set up informed delivery and I made friends with delivery person, so hopefully this time the envelope won't be undeliverable for some reason...
          So so excited for you !!!!
          C9 Spouse of USC
          NYC Filer
          04/13/18 - PD
          05/04/18 - Bio notice
          05/23/18 - Bio completed
          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
          10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
          10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
          10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
          10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
          10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
          11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

You should get it soon. It?s about time.
            Goodluck!
            B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
            FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
            4/20/18 Received 4 letters
            5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
            5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
            9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
            9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
            9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
            9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
            9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
            2/17/19 Traveled abroad
            3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
            3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
              So so excited for you !!!!
              Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
              You should get it soon. It?s about time.
              Goodluck!
              Found it in my mailbox an hour ago, have been celebrating/crying since then

240 days since filing and I finally have combo card! Tomorrow I am going to apply for any job, I already spent so much time not working I am super stoked to do anything

Now whenever the interview will come, it will come, I am already preparing I will have to file for another EAD in a year, but whatever

Everybody who is still waiting for EAD, or GC interview, fingers crossed and good luck, I believe you'll get there as soon as possible!
              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
              03/23 PD
              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
              04/26 Biometrics in NO
              09/05 RFIE I-485
              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
              11/09 New Card produced
              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
              11/15 EAD mailed to me
              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
              11/19 Combo received
              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

240 days since filing and I finally have combo card! Tomorrow I am going to apply for any job, I already spent so much time not working I am super stoked to do anything

Now whenever the interview will come, it will come, I am already preparing I will have to file for another EAD in a year, but whatever

Everybody who is still waiting for EAD, or GC interview, fingers crossed and good luck, I believe you'll get there as soon as possible!
                Congratulations... You have waited long enough and deserve to get the job you want... Cheers!

Comment

Congratulations!
                  I myself is planning to prepare my documents for reneewal of combo card in a month since
                  Gc interview in SanFrancisco is more than 2 years. Frustrating and disappointing!
                  Godbless us all.
                  B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                  FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                  4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                  5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                  5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                  9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                  9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                  9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                  9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                  2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                  3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                  3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Found it in my mailbox an hour ago, have been celebrating/crying since then.

240 days since filing and I finally have combo card! Tomorrow I am going to apply for any job, I already spent so much time not working I am super stoked to do anything.

Now whenever the interview will come, it will come, I am already preparing I will have to file for another EAD in a year, but whatever.

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                    Congratulations... You have waited long enough and deserve to get the job you want... Cheers!
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                    Congratulations!
                    I myself is planning to prepare my documents for reneewal of combo card in a month since
                    Gc interview in SanFrancisco is more than 2 years. Frustrating and disappointing!
                    Godbless us all.
                    Oh yeah, that is frustrating. I'm pretty certain that in a year I won't still have my GC interview, Montgomery is super slow.

I found a job on the next day (Nov 20th) after I received EAD, but now I'm super stressed out as my SSN is still not here. I'm supposed to start on Nov 27th, so hopefully it would come by then... (I have a SSN from 2008 when I was here on internship and it has my maiden surname. Filing EAD in March I requested they issue me one with my married name.)
                    C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                    03/23 PD
                    04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                    04/26 Biometrics in NO
                    09/05 RFIE I-485
                    10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                    11/09 New Card produced
                    11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                    11/15 EAD mailed to me
                    11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                    11/19 Combo received
                    01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Thank you!

Oh yeah, that is frustrating. I'm pretty certain that in a year I won't still have my GC interview, Montgomery is super slow.

I found a job on the next day (Nov 20th) after I received EAD, but now I'm super stressed out as my SSN is still not here. I'm supposed to start on Nov 27th, so hopefully it would come by then... (I have a SSN from 2008 when I was here on internship and it has my maiden surname. Filing EAD in March I requested they issue me one with my married name.)
                      Why are you stressed out? It will be the Social Security number. You can just provide the same number.
                      The EAD serves both as identification and evidence of employment authorization. That?s all your employer needs to verify your eligibility for employment

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Why are you stressed out? It will be the Social Security number. You can just provide the same number.
                        The EAD serves both as identification and evidence of employment authorization. That?s all your employer needs to verify your eligibility for employment
                        They said they need my ssn for paychecks and can't hire me without it. I provided them the one I had but I'm not sure if the one I'll receive be the same number. Is one ssn for life also for non-americans?
                        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                        03/23 PD
                        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                        04/26 Biometrics in NO
                        09/05 RFIE I-485
                        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                        11/09 New Card produced
                        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                        11/15 EAD mailed to me
                        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                        11/19 Combo received
                        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

They said they need my ssn for paychecks and can't hire me without it. I provided them the one I had but I'm not sure if the one I'll receive be the same number. Is one ssn for life also for non-americans?
                          What they said is not entirely accurate. They will need the SSN for paychecks, yes. You can give them the one you have. Your number will not change. You're fine just showing the EAD and the old SS card which likely says "not valid for employment". Your EAD overrides that disclaimer.

Comment

What they said is not entirely accurate. They will need the SSN for paychecks, yes. You can give them the one you have. Your number will not change. You're fine just showing the EAD and the old SS card which likely says "not valid for employment". Your EAD overrides that disclaimer.
                            Oh thank you for explanation, you have always provided valuable information, I appreciate it! After 8 months waiting for EAD every little thing makes me nervous. I can start on Tuesday without much stress.
                            C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                            03/23 PD
                            04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                            04/26 Biometrics in NO
                            09/05 RFIE I-485
                            10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                            11/09 New Card produced
                            11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                            11/15 EAD mailed to me
                            11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                            11/19 Combo received
                            01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Oh thank you for explanation, you have always provided valuable information, I appreciate it! After 8 months waiting for EAD every little thing makes me nervous. I can start on Tuesday without much stress.
                              You're welcome! Your Social Security number won't change. However, the card you're getting soon will state "Valid For Work Only with DHS authorization".

Comment

No, I was able to confirm with a Level 2 officer that files do not leave the National Benefits Center until an interview has been scheduled - not before that. You should be fine.
                                Lowkey this is confusing.
                                Does "case is ready to be scheduled" means the case has been sent to the field office? When does the case actually moves to the field office?
                                And are copies of cases kept at the NBC for EAD approvals?
                                AOS sent: 10/10/2018
                                Received by USCIS: 10/12/2018
                                Finger print fee received: 10/18/2018
                                3 Texts from USCIS: 10/22/2018
                                3 NOA's in mailbox: 10/25/2018
                                Bio appointment letter in mailbox: 11/01/2018 scheduled for 11/13/18
                                Early Biometric walk in: 11/06/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X