Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
    I recommend you to call usps customer service they can explain you better and the service is good.
    We went to the USPS and called USCIS.
    Yhe thing is there, in the right place. The guy from USCIS told us that after 10 days y should call again, so it seems like it is very normal... thank you!
    Last edited by Afrolinda; 04-07-2018, 12:07 AM.
    Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
    03/30/18: Package sent
    04/02/18: PD
    04/20/18: NoAs mail
    05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
    05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
    05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
    Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
    09/29/18: SR
    10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
    10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
    10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by sweezy View Post
      Received my biometrics letter for 4/18
      Originally posted by explosive View Post
      4/06/2018 - Biometrics appointment notice for 04/17/2018
      You guys sent the application a week after me and got the biometric before me!! Well done!!! Best of luck!!
      Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
      Package Sent: 3/12
      PD: 3/14/
      Checks Cashed: 3/27
      NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
      NoAs via Mail: 3/30
      Biometric letter: 4/5
      Biometric: 4/18
      Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
      Interview was scheduled 5/22
      Letter for interview received 5/26
      Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
      Green card approved after interview
      Green Card being printed 6/27
      Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
        You guys sent the application a week after me and got the biometric before me!! Well done!!! Best of luck!!
        It looks like a bunch of us here are on the same biometrics tidal wave for 4/17 & 4/18. I honestly think that field offices are going to pick up the pace to crank out as many family based AOS interviews as they can before they're hit with all the mandatory employment based AOS interviews. This happened right before DACA started the first time around. Field offices were just turning and burning those I-485's. You'll see. I'll bet another $1 dollar. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
          We went to the USPS and called USCIS.
          Yhe thing is there, in the right place. The guy from USCIS told us that after 10 days y should call again, so it seems like it is very normal... thank you!
          hi, im from Miami, i sent my package on monday 26th, it suppossed to be in the chicago lockbox by thursday 29th but it actually got there on Saturday 31 with the quote "ready for pick up" which really worried me, so i called USPS and they told me there was no problem, on Sunday 1st it said it was Delivered at 10.23 P.M which was a really weird time dont you think??? anyway, i havent heard anything since, it only has been 7 days... im going to keep you posted as soon as i receive something! Lets hope this week for both of us!
          Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
          3/26/18 From Miami
          4/1/18 Received
          4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
          4/10/18 NoAs text & email
          4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
          4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
          4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
          5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
          9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
          9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
          9/22/18 SSN in hand
          1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

• Receipt numbers arrived after 19 days

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
            That's definitely uncommon to say the least. I'm not sure the application is under a specific name, it should be your name for I-485 and his name for I-130. Telling you to wait doesn't do any help I understand, but at this point you are not much in control so I really hope something will move on very soon for you. Wish you best of luck!
            Hi, finally after 19 painful days of wait I received 3 text/email notifications that my application was received and forwarded to the processing center. So, for those that in the future their receipt numbers take longer than 10 days to arrive... keep the faith! They'll arrive at some point.

Marriage based adjustment of status timeline (I-130, I-485, I-765):
            Application received by USCIS: May 21/3018
            Emails/texts with receipt numbers: April 9/2018 @ 6am

Just as a side note, and this is all speculation... I realized after reading so many posts that I had sent one extra check (for the I-765 which doesn't need check when files with I-485) and there was one other person in this forum that I read had taken so long to receive the notices who I think also had sent an extra check.... may be just coincidence but perhaps for future filers try not to send extra checks :P

Comment

• Hi all,

I got notification there was an issue with my I-765/I-485 and I needed to make a correction on each. I still haven't had them back in the mail however and they said they rejected on the 22nd March.

Does anyone else have experience of this and does it normally take them a while to get the forms back to be amended?

Comment

• Biometrics Appointment Far Away

PD:03/14/2018
                NOA:03/24/2018
                Bio ND03/30/2018
                Bio Appointment:04/17/2018

Hi everyone,
                Just received my notice for bio appointment from my lawyer and although I live in Sarasota, FL, my appointment is assigned to Brooklyn, NY where my lawyer resides. (As I thought we will be changing addresses so we gave him power of authority to collect our NOAs and inform us but out residential address was mentioned clearly as Sarasota Florida in the forms) My lawyer says to go the closest application center which is in Tampa (1 hour and 15 min away drive which makes 2,5 hours in total plus the wait time which undefined and with our little baby, I don?t want to do it), explain the situation and they should accept it. What shall I do? I don?t want to reschedule to relocate which will make me lose time for sure and I don?t know if Tampa office will accept me to stop by and give a bio without an appointment.Can I have your urgent comments please?
                PS: I called USCIS and they said that this is a Level 2 situation and will give me a call back in 3 hours.
                Marriage based AOS
                I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765
                PD:Mar14th,2018
                ND:Mar24th,2018
                Bio ND:Mar30th,2018
                Bio Date:Apr17th,2018 (Brooklyn, NY)
                Bio walk-in:Apr10th,2018 (Tampa,FL)
                CoA for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765:Apr10th,2018
                CoA approval for I-485,I-130,I-131,I-765:Apr13th,16th,26th,30th 2018
                Notice for I-693 sent on:Apr 25th,2018
                ND for Interview: May 8th,2018
                Notice for Interview received: May 15th, 2018
                Interview Date: Jun 13th, 2018 (Tampa, FL)

Comment

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                  Hi, finally after 19 painful days of wait I received 3 text/email notifications that my application was received and forwarded to the processing center. So, for those that in the future their receipt numbers take longer than 10 days to arrive... keep the faith! They'll arrive at some point.

Marriage based adjustment of status timeline (I-130, I-485, I-765):
                  Application received by USCIS: May 21/3018
                  Emails/texts with receipt numbers: April 9/2018 @ 6am

Just as a side note, and this is all speculation... I realized after reading so many posts that I had sent one extra check (for the I-765 which doesn't need check when files with I-485) and there was one other person in this forum that I read had taken so long to receive the notices who I think also had sent an extra check.... may be just coincidence but perhaps for future filers try not to send extra checks :P
                  It was me! lol
                  It wasn't my intention to send extra checks, haha, I thought we need to pay for I-765 & I-131. Glad to have extra $985 back!
                  ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
                  03/06/18 - Documents Sent (FEDEX 2Day) to USCIS Chicago lockbox
                  03/08/18 - Received by USCIS
                  03/08/18 (0 day) - Priority Date
                  03/29/18 (21 days) - Received 4 texts and 4 emails at 12:21am EST
                  03/30/18 (22 days) - Received a rejection letter indicating "extra remittance" (returned I-765 & I-131 checks)
                  04/02/18 (25 days) - Received 4 NOA letters
                  04/06/18 (29 days) - Received Biometric letter to inform 4/16/18 appointment
                  Last edited by sinoptola; 04-09-2018, 12:13 PM.
                  City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
                  3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
                  3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
                  3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
                  4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
                  4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
                  4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
                  4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
                  4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
                  5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
                  6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
                  6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
                  6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                    Hi, finally after 19 painful days of wait I received 3 text/email notifications that my application was received and forwarded to the processing center [...]
                    Yayyyy!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Comment

• I did my walk in biometrics today. Nobody asked me the reason for early walk-in. The lady just requested that I stand behind those who had an appointment- like 8 people. I was out in about 40 mins.

Glad it is over. Now the wait - for EAD and for interview. Fingers crossed hopefully no RFEs or RFIEs.

Once the case status updates to biometrics received, I will look into expediting EAD. I have a job offer. That is another battle unto itself.

All my cases were "touched" on friday 04/06/2018. I can see it here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/po...merRetrieve.do

But no status changes on cases at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ or https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov
                      Last edited by kd2008; 04-09-2018, 04:13 PM.
                      Filing Type: Marriage to USC

3/20/18: Package sent
                      3/21/18: Package received, PD
                      3/27/18: Checks cashed
                      3/31/18: NoAs recvd via mail
                      4/06/18: Biometrics appt recvd for 4/17
                      4/09/18: Early walk-in Biometrics appt
                      4/16/18: We reviewed your biometrics
                      4/25/18: We are ready to schedule your interview
                      4/30/18: We scheduled your interview
                      5/03/18: EAD approved (expedited)
                      5/05/18: Interview notice recvd for 6/07/18
                      6/07/18: Approved on the spot!

Comment

• Originally posted by kd2008 View Post
                        I did my walk in biometrics today. Nobody asked me the reason for early walk-in. The lady just requested that I stand behind those who had an appointment- like 8 people. I was out in about 40 mins.

Glad it is over. Now the wait - for EAD and for interview. Fingers crossed hopefully no RFEs or RFIEs.

Once the case status updates to biometrics received, I will look into expediting EAD. I have a job offer. That is another battle unto itself.

All my cases were "touched" on friday 04/06/2018. I can see it here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/po...merRetrieve.do

But no status changes on cases at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ or https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov
                        Congrats on getting that biometrics letter in record time! May I ask - What's your field office?

Comment

• Originally posted by uscitizenfilingforspouse View Post
                          congrats on getting that biometrics letter in record time! May i ask - what's your field office?
                          okc

Comment

• They just charged my credit card!
                            Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                            3/26/18 From Miami
                            4/1/18 Received
                            4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                            4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                            4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                            4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                            4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                            5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                            9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                            9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                            9/22/18 SSN in hand
                            1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

• Originally posted by kd2008 View Post
                              okc
                              It looks like OKC is slower than Cincinnati, my office. Let's hope is fast for both no matter what!! Also, I double checked the timeline for each office. Although Cincinnati says 8 months for 5% to be processed, the average drops to 6.5 months for marriage-based green card which is 1.5 month less than the general average. It's not bad at all, I wish was Cleveland still lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
                                It looks like OKC is slower than Cincinnati, my office. Let's hope is fast for both no matter what!! Also, I double checked the timeline for each office. Although Cincinnati says 8 months for 5% to be processed, the average drops to 6.5 months for marriage-based green card which is 1.5 month less than the general average. It's not bad at all, I wish was Cleveland still lol.
                                I wish I had faith in USCIS data. I have seen plenty of cases of my friends where some were processed in 3 months and other in 21 months. So yeah they have an "average" time for completing 50% but it is meaningless to me, plus this is a pilot that started last month so I am sure the data is worse than acceptable. I rather have the "median" time, a "minimum" time and a maximum time. Plus a clarity on how the interviews are actually scheduled. But then again, all the data still won't appease my uncertainty with my case. That can only be done by an approved decision. God willing, all of us will see that day very soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X