Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we started equal, but...

Originally posted by Riszo View Post
    deniz when did u send ur package?

I'm still waiting for my biometrics appt too...

Here is my Timeline
    3/30/18: Sent package
    4/2/18: USCIS received package; PD 4/2/18
    4/12/18: Money order cashed
    4/16/18: Received NOA in the mail
    4/20/18: Still waiting for biometrics appointment

Please lets continue to share our timeline.....
    We sent the package on the same day and they got it on the same day too, but then... Your prosses got faster!
    Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
    03/30/18: Package sent
    04/02/18: PD
    04/20/18: NoAs mail
    05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
    05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
    05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
    Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
    09/29/18: SR
    10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
    10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
    10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzya View Post
      Got it
      that makes sense
      How many days from submitting the documents will the notice of action come in the mail ?
      Ours came 21 days after we sent the package and 4 days after we got the emails and the texts.
      05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??

Comment

• Originally posted by Etan23 View Post
        Hi, similar case to mine.

they received my application on March 2nd, and I had my biometrics done on 4/4/2018.

Yesterday, 4/17/2018, I got an email saying they are scheduling the interview as well.
        Is it the same thing as yours? Do you get the interview date already? I have not get any follow up since then.
        What Field Center???

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
          I made a mistake with my timeline,
          I actually got my receipts yesterday, April 17th.

Also is your PD March 30th?
          And where are you filing from?
          Apparently my case was sent to Lee's Summint, MO.
          Wonder how quick they process in that location.
          My PD is March 30th, and filling from Houston.

you can check processing times here
          This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

Comment

• G-1148, G-1450 (Credit Card Authorization Form for fees), I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 packet. Did not file I-693 because of the long processing time, will bring to interview.

3/19/2018 - Sent to CHI Lockbox
            3/21/2018 - AOS Packet Received
            3/23/2018 - Priority Date
            3/26/2018 - Credit Card Charged for $1760
            3/29/2018 - Text, Email notifications received at 11PM at night
            4/02/2018 - I-797 NOA's letters received
            4/06/2018 - Biometrics appointment notice for 04/17/2018
            4/12/2018 - Website updated with a mailed Request for Initial Evidence (this made me nervous)
            4/17/2018 - Completed Biometrics
            4/20/2018 - Received courtesy RFE to remind me to bring I-693 to interview. Everything is fine, phew!
            3/19 - Sent to CHI Lockbox
            3/23 - PD
            3/26- CC Charged $1760
            3/29 - Text, Email notifications received at 11PM at night
            4/02 - I-797 NOA's letters received
            4/06 - Biometrics appointment notice for 04/17/2018
            4/12 - Website updated with a mailed Request for Initial Evidence
            4/17 - Completed Biometrics
            4/20 - Received RFE letter from above to remind me to bring I-693 to interview.
            4/25 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
            8/8 - EAD Approved/Card being produced

Comment

• Originally posted by explosive View Post
              G-1148, G-1450 (Credit Card Authorization Form for fees), I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 packet. Did not file I-693 because of the long processing time, will bring to interview.

3/19/2018 - Sent to CHI Lockbox
              3/21/2018 - AOS Packet Received
              3/23/2018 - Priority Date
              3/26/2018 - Credit Card Charged for $1760
              3/29/2018 - Text, Email notifications received at 11PM at night
              4/02/2018 - I-797 NOA's letters received
              4/06/2018 - Biometrics appointment notice for 04/17/2018
              4/12/2018 - Website updated with a mailed Request for Initial Evidence (this made me nervous)
              4/17/2018 - Completed Biometrics
              4/20/2018 - Received courtesy RFE to remind me to bring I-693 to interview. Everything is fine, phew!
              Wow,

I am glad it is going well. You have a great timeline. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Status update

April 22, 2018: received biometrics appointment letter.
                Biometrics appointment date: May 02, 2018

Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                Applied from: Minnesota
                I-130, I-485, I-765
                Marriage based adjustment of status
                March 21, 2018 - Documents Sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
                March 21, 2018 - Priority Date
                April 9, 2018 - Received 3 texts and 3 emails at 5am EST
                April 10, 2018 - USCIS cashed checks
                April 11, 2018 - Received a rejection letter (returned I-765 check)
                April 16, 2018 - Received 3 receipt NOA letters

***Waiting for biometrics appointment letter***
                How long after receiving the NOAs should it arrive?

Comment

• Biometrics...?

Hey all, I got my receipts for the three forms I submitted for my husband and I (i-485, i-130, and i-765) but I havent yet received any biometrics letter, and it's been about 8-9 days now..

The USCIS case tracker does say they processed my biometrics fee. Does this also mean they have sent out a bio letter as well and it's in the mail or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
                    Hey all, I got my receipts for the three forms I submitted for my husband and I (i-485, i-130, and i-765) but I havent yet received any biometrics letter, and it's been about 8-9 days now..

The USCIS case tracker does say they processed my biometrics fee. Does this also mean they have sent out a bio letter as well and it's in the mail or something?
                    HEY! im in the same spot i am kinda worried that the letter is lost, because of the ppl with 2-3 weeks timelines before mine, got the letter 3-4 days after the NOAS. I'll wait until tomorrow, and if nothing comes, I'll call USCIS.
                    Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
                    3/26/18 From Miami
                    4/1/18 Received
                    4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
                    4/10/18 NoAs text & email
                    4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
                    4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
                    4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
                    5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
                    9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
                    9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
                    9/22/18 SSN in hand
                    1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

• Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
                      HEY! im in the same spot i am kinda worried that the letter is lost, because of the ppl with 2-3 weeks timelines before mine, got the letter 3-4 days after the NOAS. I'll wait until tomorrow, and if nothing comes, I'll call USCIS.
                      Yay I'm not alone!! Same I've been thinking about calling soon... I'll keep you updated when I get mine!

Comment

• Is Donald Trump purposely making legal immigration slower???

February 5th, 2017, Application filed for i-485, spouse adj. of status. Husband is U.S. citizen, no criminal records of any kind for either person.
                        .....request for information...and of course, more money. (New forms that didn't exist in 2016).
                        June 15th, 2017, Accepted Biometrics, Application ready for processing.
                        September 2nd, 2017, Waiting for interview.
                        As of March 30, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR YYYY YYYY YYYY XMSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

TODAY....April 23rd, 2018, At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information.

CALL PLACED: "It's a system glitch. Your status is the same."...."sorry we cannot answer any questions about your case. We can only tell you about the status that you see on your screen."

TOTAL NUMBER OF DAYS: 442 days and counting.
                        TOTAL DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE: 213 days and counting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally know people who filed late in 2016, same i-485 as me... and went through the entire process in 6 months.

So....Is Donald Trump purposely making legal immigration slower???

Comment

• Originally posted by RMMINER View Post
                          February 5th, 2017, Application filed for i-485, spouse adj. of status. Husband is U.S. citizen, no criminal records of any kind for either person.

.....request for information...and of course, more money. (New forms that didn't exist in 2016).

June 15th, 2017, Accepted Biometrics, Application ready for processing.

September 2nd, 2017, Waiting for interview.

As of March 30, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR YYYY YYYY YYYY XMSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

TODAY....April 23rd, 2018, At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information.

CALL PLACED: "It's a system glitch. Your status is the same."...."sorry we cannot answer any questions about your case. We can only tell you about the status that you see on your screen."

TOTAL NUMBER OF DAYS: 442 days and counting.
                          TOTAL DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE: 213 days and counting.

I personally know people who filed late in 2016, same i-485 as me... and went through the entire process in 6 months.

So....Is Donald Trump purposely making legal immigration slower???
                          I would prefer not to take this thread or this forum into politics unless there are specific news. All the rest is just personal opinion and perception which doesn't give more info regarding the speed of the process. Having said this: although I don't know all the people who applied for a GC in the last 3 years, based on this forum I cant tell you that my perception is that the process is as fast as it was 2 years ago for most of the cases. I read of people who got their GC in 3 months. In your specific case you should check https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent select I-485 from the drop down menu and the city where you applied to. You will see 2 numbers: the first will tell you how long it takes to have 50% of application completed, the second will tell you how long is taking to have 93% applications completed. If for example file from Houston, the second number is 25.5 months which means 772 to complete 93% of application. If you are in this range there is nothing you can do. Just wait. Sorry for your situation, I guess it is nerve wrecking to say the least but I assume politics is not that involved in this processing time issue.
                          Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                          Package Sent: 3/12
                          PD: 3/14/
                          Checks Cashed: 3/27
                          NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                          NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                          Biometric letter: 4/5
                          Biometric: 4/18
                          Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                          Interview was scheduled 5/22
                          Letter for interview received 5/26
                          Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                          Green card approved after interview
                          Green Card being printed 6/27
                          Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• My biometrics took more than 4 days

Hi, after I received the NOA it took 6 days to get the biometrics. So it's not necessarily 4 days. If you got the NOA they should have the correct address. So you should be getting it anytime now.

Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
                            - - - Updated - - -

Hi, the biometrics appointment letter only has my name (I am the beneficiary). I would like to make sure that only me has to go to the appointment and not my husband? (The petitioner). Don't they need his fingerprints too? The letter doesn't have his name anywhere. The people that went to the appointment, did you go with the petitioner or on your own?

Comment

• Biometrics appointment question

Hi all, to those who have gone to biometrics appointment, did you go on your own or with the petitioner? The letter only has my name but I don't know if my husband should come with me. Don't they need his fingerprints too?

Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                              April 22, 2018: received biometrics appointment letter.
                              Biometrics appointment date: May 02, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                                Hi, after I received the NOA it took 6 days to get the biometrics. So it's not necessarily 4 days. If you got the NOA they should have the correct address. So you should be getting it anytime now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, the biometrics appointment letter only has my name (I am the beneficiary). I would like to make sure that only me has to go to the appointment and not my husband? (The petitioner). Don't they need his fingerprints too? The letter doesn't have his name anywhere. The people that went to the appointment, did you go with the petitioner or on your own?
                                My Biometrics letter was addressed to me and my husband but the letter itself was only for me to do the biometrics.
                                USCIS - Chicago dropbox
                                Filing from South Carolina
                                Documents Sent (USPS)- 3/14/18
                                Received by USCIS - 3/20/18
                                Priority Date - 03/20/18
                                Received 4 NOAs text/email 12:47 - 04/02/18
                                Received 4 NOAs in mail - 04/05/2018
                                Biometrics Notice - 04/12/2018 for 04/27/2018
                                Biometrics complete- 04/27/2018
                                Case is ready to be schedule for interview- 05/16/2018
                                Interview was scheduled- 5/21/2018
                                Interview done 6/25/2018
                                New card is being produced 6/25/2018
                                I130 and I485 approved 6/26/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X