Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
    I can give you a personal answer to this topic: I'm with an H1B visa in America which means I can stay in America as long as I stay with the same employer who sponsored me.

1- even if so far my employer has been very happy with me, if tomorrow they fire me I have 24 hours to leave the country. No excuse, no grace time. By law they have to by me a one-way flight to my last residential address; (I own a house, i.e. 30 years mortgage and 2 cars, one finances one leased and my husband cannot afford even the financed car for $150 a month)
    2- after 3 years with the same employer I would like to change but finding a new sponsor of H1B is becoming almost impossible and this takes me to 3
    3- I want to work in the aerospace field which is the reason why I'm in America. NO ONE in America hires foreign nationals unless they have a green card.

So even though I can work and I can travel, I still would like to have the freedom to chose my future. This is just my personal experience of course!
    Thanks for the answer. I get part of the answer, but still the GC EAD which we get in about say 5 or 6 months if not earlier, would not help you achieve all that? I would love to also have the freedom to choose, I have applied for my GC, but to be honest I am only excited for my EAD than anything else. Having said that I would also do anything in my hands to get the GC faster but if I can't then EAD is good enough for me till that time.
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/30/2018 - PD
    04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
    04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
    05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
    05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
    09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
      So you mean that after you change address the case is not transferred to another processing center if you move but instead the national benefits center will continue to process it as if you hadn't move?

I am moving in one month to a different state and I'm wondering how it will affect my processing
      No, this is what I meant. Your case stays at the NBC (National Benefits Center) pretty much until the day your interview notice is mailed out to you. They're mailed 4-5 weeks in advance of the interview appointment. Around that time, your file is mailed to your field office. If you move before then, your address is updated but your file stays right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
        Thanks for the answer. I get part of the answer, but still the GC EAD which we get in about say 5 or 6 months if not earlier, would not help you achieve all that?
        It can make me stay in America and found a job. I can't apply for any aerospace job though, CG and citizenship are the only ways to get a job in the field. There are a lot of memes in ******** about this topic. Several foreign national students came here to study aerospace engineering and they won't be able to stay and find a job related to the field of study. It sucks but that's the rule and we respect it. Sorry for the off-topic!
        Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
        Package Sent: 3/12
        PD: 3/14/
        Checks Cashed: 3/27
        NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
        NoAs via Mail: 3/30
        Biometric letter: 4/5
        Biometric: 4/18
        Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
        Interview was scheduled 5/22
        Letter for interview received 5/26
        Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
        Green card approved after interview
        Green Card being printed 6/27
        Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

• Field Office doubt

Guys, I have a doubt about my field office. We are in Toledo Ohio and by using USCIS website I found that Cleveland was supposed to be my field office. But the appointment letter is sending us to Detroit!!! So, Detroit is our field office then?
          I am like hopeanddream, excited to get the EAD and start working again! And have some time to get ready to the interview.
          Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
          03/30/18: Package sent
          04/02/18: PD
          04/20/18: NoAs mail
          05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
          05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
          05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
          Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
          09/29/18: SR
          10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
          10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
          10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
            I see in the forums, every one is worried when they will have their green card interview, even after getting their EAD / Advanced Parole. So I was wondering why everyone is so eager to get the interview, when one can live / work / travel with EAD, and eventually when interview comes, they will also have the green card. Also in the process make more memories of their married life. just curios.
            EAD/APs are a crutch they came up with once the system got way too congested. And now, we're processing so many of those that instead of helping clear the backlog, the whole thing has created its own backlog. They should just do away with EAD/AP altogether and go straight to GC interviews. Reallocate that human power into pre-adjudicating cases for field offices. Done.

EAD/AP does not give you any status. "I-485 pending" is not a status. That's why some states won't have the courtesy of allowing folks to get a driver's license with the I-797. As soon as you get your hands on your Green Card, your citizenship clock starts ticking. Those 2 years as conditional permanent resident count towards your US citizenship.

A lot of people are being told at job interviews, "we prefer candidates with Green Cards and not EAD/AP". While that's not supposed to happen, it actually happens quite often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
              Guys, I have a doubt about my field office. We are in Toledo Ohio and by using USCIS website I found that Cleveland was supposed to be my field office. But the appointment letter is sending us to Detroit!!! So, Detroit is our field office then?
              I am like hopeanddream, excited to get the EAD and start working again! And have some time to get ready to the interview.
              Afronlinda,

congrats! That is insanely fast. That's probably the fastest I've seen around here. 31 days from priority date to interview notice. My unsolicited advice is to just roll with it. You are right in between the two states. Detroit field office must be empty and that's probably why they did it. Again, I would just roll with it. To try to get that rescheduled would mean a delay.

All the best.

Comment

• My mistake

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                Afronlinda,

congrats! That is insanely fast. That's probably the fastest I've seen around here. 31 days from priority date to interview notice. My unsolicited advice is to just roll with it. You are right in between the two states. Detroit field office must be empty and that's probably why they did it. Again, I would just roll with it. To try to get that rescheduled would mean a delay.

All the best.

Oh no! My mistake! I meant to say biometrics appointment letter! My husband always says that my English will put me in jail! 😂
                05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  LOL, heart failure. Everyone take a deep breath!
                  I see that Immihelp blocked the link I posted on the background checks. To answer your question, it all depends on a zillion variables. If what you are saying is - someone who is brand new to the US and has never lived anywhere but their country of origin and have a passport with blank pages because they've never visited anywhere? Yeah, probably.
                  My spouse's biometrics were cleared basically by the time we drove back home - I swear. It was fast. What I was trying to explain on my previous entry is that, up until the "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" stage, most cases that were properly filed and have no issues, will move at the same relative speed. Right at that point, it's all about the Field office.
                  Ohio is just fast. There are 3 field offices and each one gets around the same number of applications and it's not even that many applications.
                  This whole "I filed before you did, why did you get an interview already and I haven't?" thing that's going around is not productive. It's about quality of the cases and about the volume that a field office is handling. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2017_qtr4.pdf

There are people who got lucky and for x y or z were classified as employment based even though they filed for marriage based AOS. Well, that's that. They got lucky. And if they continue to call USCIS asking why, eventually USCIS will rescind those appointments. I would not be surprised. As Paul Brown said "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."

Now Ohio, seems to be processing applications fast and it makes sense to do so. If the Green Card is conditional, then Jesus, just hand it out already, and let us live our lives for 2 years. We have to file for removal of conditions anyway. Per some USCIS study, 67% of I-751 applications are denied. So if the majority of people are going to get denied or given Notice of Intent to Deny, well, then just let us have the conditional right away. That's my humble 2 cents.

(The columns are #1 Received #2 Approved #3 Denied #4 Pending.
                  Can u send a screenshot of the app's icon so I can download it please? I have an app but I don't think it's the same as yours
                  Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                  Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                  Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                  Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                  Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                  Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                  EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                  EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                  SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                  GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                  Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                  I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                  GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                    Oh no! My mistake! I meant to say biometrics appointment letter! My husband always says that my English will put me in jail! 😂
                    LOL, my spouse and I are on the floor laughing. You are TOO FUNNY. LOL
                    We were already looking up attorneys in Detroit, MI to try to get a faster interview. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                      Can u send a screenshot of the app's icon so I can download it please? I have an app but I don't think it's the same as yours
                      Of course! Right here. Probably the best feature is to be able to add other cases with the same priority date as yours. Then you can track their speed, as well. You can go all the way back to receipts from December and figure out if those people are already interviewing, etc.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Of course! Right here. Probably the best feature is to be able to add other cases with the same priority date as yours. Then you can track their speed, as well. You can go all the way back to receipts from December and figure out if those people are already interviewing, etc.
                        Is this a 3rd party app? I am just being cautious to download these apps..

Update:

Biometrics done. It was a really fast one, no wait, no questions in and out in 15 mins..
                        Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                        03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                        03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                        04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                        04/11- cheques cashed
                        04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                        04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                        05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                        08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                        08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                        08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

Thanks!
                          Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                          Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                          Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                          Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                          Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                          Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                          EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                          EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                          SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                          GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                          Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                          I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                          GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                            Is this a 3rd party app? I am just being cautious to download these apps..

Update:

Biometrics done. It was a really fast one, no wait, no questions in and out in 15 mins..
                            It is. And to keep it free of charge, there are ads that pop up. I do not click on any of them. I downloaded it from the Apple store. Have not had any issues. The app accesses your USCIS account. So it had to be vetted by USCIS. I'm comfortable with it.

Comment

It is. And to keep it free of charge, there are ads that pop up. I do not click on any of them. I downloaded it from the Apple store. Have not had any issues. The app accesses your USCIS account. So it had to be vetted by USCIS. I'm comfortable with it.
                              ditto
                              Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                              Package Sent: 3/12
                              PD: 3/14/
                              Checks Cashed: 3/27
                              NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                              NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                              Biometric letter: 4/5
                              Biometric: 4/18
                              Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                              Interview was scheduled 5/22
                              Letter for interview received 5/26
                              Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                              Green card approved after interview
                              Green Card being printed 6/27
                              Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

LOL, my spouse and I are on the floor laughing. You are TOO FUNNY. LOL
                                We were already looking up attorneys in Detroit, MI to try to get a faster interview. LOL
                                Nah, save your money! 😂😅sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                                I?m using it too! Really nice! Just saw a couple of requests for evidence popped up today ( i was looking for the 100 cases before mine...)
                                Everything is helping me and my anxiety

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X