Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kaylip View Post
    I use the emoji that's on my phone's keypad
    😲 this one! 👌 it?s 👍 to know. So many options. They even have empanadas 🥟. It?s kinda far from the 🌮 and 🌯, so maybe it?s a potsticker. 🤓

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
    my prayers tonight: Lord bless me with a system glitch too, thank you!
    ahahahhahaha

Many thanks to everyone who keep helping us!
    Afrolinda! Me too! System glitch please!

Comment

• [QUOTE=belu31;566098]Hey, how do you know about the glitch? Did USCIS officially inform it to you? I can only hope I was affected by it since my office takes 11 months :/

I forget now who was the first one to get the employment based notice. That person called and the Level 1 didn?t know what to say, who then got a Level 2 who said ? it?s all good. You?re confirmed for your marriage based interview?

Eventually this happened to someone at a very busy field office. I think it was NYC. The person called and asked and the officer said ?no, ignore that. That?s an error? or something like that. Basically get back in line.

Historically, I?ve won ONE raffle in my life. This kindda stuff just doesn?t happen to me. Haha. So we?ll either move or hire a attorney elsewhere once I figure out what triggers the change in jurisdiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
      Thank you! I was wondering as I knew USCIS wouldn't post something so clear and concise! Lol.
      Its nice to be able to see each of the offices compared to the other.
      What?s your field office?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
      Thank you! I was wondering as I knew USCIS wouldn't post something so clear and concise! Lol.
      Its nice to be able to see each of the offices compared to the other.
      Got it. Vegas.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UScitizenFilingforspouse;566124]
        Originally posted by belu31 View Post
        Hey, how do you know about the glitch? Did USCIS officially inform it to you? I can only hope I was affected by it since my office takes 11 months :/

I forget now who was the first one to get the employment based notice. That person called and the Level 1 didn?t know what to say, who then got a Level 2 who said ? it?s all good. You?re confirmed for your marriage based interview?

Eventually this happened to someone at a very busy field office. I think it was NYC. The person called and asked and the officer said ?no, ignore that. That?s an error? or something like that. Basically get back in line.

Historically, I?ve won ONE raffle in my life. This kindda stuff just doesn?t happen to me. Haha. So we?ll either move or hire a attorney elsewhere once I figure out what triggers the change in jurisdiction.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Got it. Vegas.
        Thanks for the info! I?ll make sure not to question it if I get lucky, fingers crossed, lol
        Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
        3-12-18 - Priority date
        4-09-18 - Biometrics done
        5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
        5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
        6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
        7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
        7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Interview

Hi, I just received an email and text message saying that they "are ready to schedule your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS". For those who received that message.... how many days/weeks after that did you receive the interview notice with the interview date/time?

Im moving in one month and thinking on changing my mailing address with USCIS in 2 weeks so I'm wondering of the probability that I receive the interview letter before all this change of address mess. Also.... do they give interview dates by phone in case there's any issue with a notice being lost when I change address?

Thanks!

Comment

• Interview

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
            I use the emoji that's on my phone's keypad
            Hi kaylip, did you get email saying your case was ready for interview before you got the notice?

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Got it. Vegas.
              Yes! I live in Vegas where it has been 105 degrees today. Its like living in a furnace!! 😂😂 especially when youre used to English weather! I see that my office has a 11 - 18 month wait. We filed in October so im settling back in for another 6 month wait at the very least. I don't mind waiting for the GC as long as I can go to work. My poor husband works his socks off and I just want to take some of the pressure off him!

Comment

• Originally posted by mgc1986 View Post
                Hi, I just received an email and text message saying that they "are ready to schedule your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS". For those who received that message.... how many days/weeks after that did you receive the interview notice with the interview date/time?

Im moving in one month and thinking on changing my mailing address with USCIS in 2 weeks so I'm wondering of the probability that I receive the interview letter before all this change of address mess. Also.... do they give interview dates by phone in case there's any issue with a notice being lost when I change address?

Thanks!
                It's been 3 weeks since my status changed and I haven't received an interview notice. My PD is actually 2/20/2018. I did receive my EAD yesterday.
                PD - 2/20/18
                Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                5/9/18 - Received EAD
                5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

• uscis fORMS

Hi,
                  I am thinking of submitting my USCIS forms to adjust my status but I have been thinking it wont work because my wife has been unable to get her w2 for the past two years. please what can I do

Comment

• Interview

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                    It's been 3 weeks since my status changed and I haven't received an interview notice. My PD is actually 2/20/2018. I did receive my EAD yesterday.
                    Thanks for the info! Would you mind posting when you receive the interview letter just to know the timings? Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the info! Would you mind posting when you receive the interview letter just to know the timings? Thanks!
                      I sure will. Good Luck !
                      PD - 2/20/18
                      Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                      Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                      3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                      5/9/18 - Received EAD
                      5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                      5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                      9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        😲 this one! 👌 it?s 👍 to know. So many options. They even have empanadas 🥟. It?s kinda far from the 🌮 and 🌯, so maybe it?s a potsticker. 🤓

- - - Updated - - -

Afrolinda! Me too! System glitch please!
                        Hahahah,
                        I hope I am picked up in th system glitch too, even though I filed a couple of weeks after you guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Olanrewaju Seriki View Post
                          Hi,
                          I am thinking of submitting my USCIS forms to adjust my status but I have been thinking it wont work because my wife has been unable to get her w2 for the past two years. please what can I do
                          Request a tax transcript from the IRS. It takes about two weeks to arrive but will contain all the tax information USCIS want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
                            Congrats on the EAD!!!
                            Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                            03/30/18: Package sent
                            04/02/18: PD
                            04/20/18: NoAs mail
                            05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                            05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                            05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                            Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                            09/29/18: SR
                            10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                            10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                            10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

Hi kaylip, did you get email saying your case was ready for interview before you got the notice?
                              Hi. My i485 online status has been giving an error validation message since March and when I had called them a week later a level 2 officer told me my name was listed on an Interview list. A week ago when I called back twice I was told that my letter was mailed April 23rd & interview for May 31st by two different level 2 officers so last weekend I decided to push my hands at the back of the mail box to see if I found anything and I did! IDK how long it was sitting there in the mailbox 🙄.
                              But I level 2 officers have the interview date on their computer systems! Call and ask to speak with one and they tell u the interview date.
                              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Thanks!
                                For my case, 14 days from 'are ready to schedule your interview' to 'Employment-Base interview was scheduled'. See my signature for reference.
                                City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
                                3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
                                3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
                                3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
                                4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
                                4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
                                4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
                                4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
                                4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
                                5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
                                6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
                                6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
                                6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X