Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
    Congratulations!!!! Im am in Ohio too, but did my fingerprints in Detroit, so if it's not going to change, that's my field ofice, right?
    Congrats flyforever85!

Afrolinda, I'm from Toledo, Ohio too! In my paperwork it was filled in by my lawyer that my field office would be Cleveland (as says the website),
    but my fingerprinting notice sends me to the Detroit office too.
    Might be because it is about an hour closer to us than the Cleveland one?

Hearing that Cleveland is the fastest I kind of hope we both get that one
    Cleveland Field Office
    4/20: Documents mailed
    5/11: 4 NOA's
    6/1: Fingerprints at Detroit FO
    6/7: case is ready to be scheduled for interview.
    6/18: notice for interview
    7/18: interview complete. Case recommended for approval
    8/1: received text messages and emails stating production of card has been ordered (i485) (eGOV and DHS)
    8/2: approval for i130 and i485
    8/8: received approval letters + text messages card underway
    8/9: GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by kd2008 View Post
      Could you please share what was asked in the interview?

It will all work out in the end. Don't worry. Wishing you all the best.
      Although my case is marriage based they didn?t ask anything about the marriage nor asked for anything other than we had already sent in the beginning. They focused mostly on my visa situation since they were suspecting I committed fraud when I came here. The only question about us was how we met and if I get along with my husbands kids. So at this point I can only wait to see what happens next.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
        What is your field office? Houston?

I am curious how can you be a Italian Citizen but not from Italy?
        I believe this is my queue. Captain Italy is here. I also promote Italian citizenship on the side. LOL, right flightforever85?

Italian citizenship law is very fun. It's changed many times. At one point, any female who married an Italian man would instantly become Italian. These days, if you can show blood lineage up to 3 generations, and your ancestors did not intentionally give up their Italian citizenship, then you get your Italian passport. You do not need to speak Italian or even need to have lived there.
        Through marriage - if you marry an Italian citizen and reside in Italy for one year, then TOMBOLA! You're Italian. Or if you marry an Italian citizen (whether born in Italy or not) and reside outsde of Italy while married to that Italian citizen, you're Italian.

It's not too difficult to show blood lineage for 3 generations; especially if you're parents are alive, then you get access to their 3 generations., and you're really tapping into 4.

I know this because my brother, who's never even set a foot in Europe, got his Italian citizenship through his Argentinian-born wife who got her Italian citizenship from her father, who got it from his Italian born father. So my niece has 4 passports. Pretty cool, huh? There are several countries who do this. Ireland is one of them.

Here's another fun fact. Citizens of Ibero-American countries may apply for Spanish citizenship after two years of residence in Spain. After all the gold they took from South America, it's the least the Spaniards could do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcc1022 View Post
          So my interview was today in Hartford CT. It was 1hour and 30 mins and it was very tense bc I?ve been out of status for 15 years, that was such a big deal for them and they didn?t say whether it was approved or not so i?m Just hoping for the best. The decision should come in the mail in the next couple weeks.

It?s been amazing and fast. My case is marriage based, i?ve Been married since October/17 but I only applied in March, did the biometrics in April and for my surprise got my interview scheduled for May����. I can?t believe that it?s been less than 2 months and I?ve got this far(this is something i?ve been praying for over 10years and I know the lord is working in my favor, he is the lawyer of the lawyers��&#127996.

My timeline

PD:03/05/18
          Biometrics done:04/05/18
          Interview scheduled for May/22/2018

Never received EAD/AP or any notification about it.
          Of course, I am not very familiar with your case. You have not posted much. I wish you had. We would have all been rooting for you here. Hopefully, this gives you some peace of mind. Yes, 1hour and 30 minutes is a LONG TIME. Remember though, that you were out of status for 15 years. They not only have to make sure that your marriage is real, but also that you have not been part of every single terrorist attack that has occured in the US since you arrived. There's so much ground they have to cover. So just let them do their work.
          I don't think that you'd get that system glitch and get your interview scheduled so quickly for nothing. Continue to live your life, and make sure you are seen outside doing things as a couple. If they're going to check up on you, this would the time to do it. They don't always knock on doors.
          They didn't separate you. They could have. Just keep your eye on the endgoal. And keep us posted, please. All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            Of course, I am not very familiar with your case. You have not posted much. I wish you had. We would have all been rooting for you here. Hopefully, this gives you some peace of mind. Yes, 1hour and 30 minutes is a LONG TIME. Remember though, that you were out of status for 15 years. They not only have to make sure that your marriage is real, but also that you have not been part of every single terrorist attack that has occured in the US since you arrived. There's so much ground they have to cover. So just let them do their work.
            I don't think that you'd get that system glitch and get your interview scheduled so quickly for nothing. Continue to live your life, and make sure you are seen outside doing things as a couple. If they're going to check up on you, this would the time to do it. They don't always knock on doors.
            They didn't separate you. They could have. Just keep your eye on the endgoal. And keep us posted, please. All the best.
            Thanks for all your nice words. I will keep you updated. Hopefully I hear something soon. Best luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by BeToledo View Post
              Congrats flyforever85!

Afrolinda, I'm from Toledo, Ohio too! In my paperwork it was filled in by my lawyer that my field office would be Cleveland (as says the website),
              but my fingerprinting notice sends me to the Detroit office too.
              Might be because it is about an hour closer to us than the Cleveland one?

Hearing that Cleveland is the fastest I kind of hope we both get that one
              yeah! I wish!
              let's pray

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
              I would assume!!! I would check in here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices

Thanks!!!! Our timeline are not that different!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!! I started collecting all the messages my husband and I have been exchanging in the last 2 months. I sent a lot of documents ahead, I will bring them again plus many more. I will prepare a summary of them and hopefully I will share it!!!
              According to the website we should have gone to Clevland... pitty!

How are you and all the preparation?
              Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
              03/30/18: Package sent
              04/02/18: PD
              04/20/18: NoAs mail
              05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
              05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
              05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
              Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
              09/29/18: SR
              10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
              10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
              10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                I believe this is my queue. Captain Italy is here. I also promote Italian citizenship on the side. LOL, right flightforever85?

Italian citizenship law is very fun. It's changed many times. At one point, any female who married an Italian man would instantly become Italian. These days, if you can show blood lineage up to 3 generations, and your ancestors did not intentionally give up their Italian citizenship, then you get your Italian passport. You do not need to speak Italian or even need to have lived there.
                Through marriage - if you marry an Italian citizen and reside in Italy for one year, then TOMBOLA! You're Italian. Or if you marry an Italian citizen (whether born in Italy or not) and reside outsde of Italy while married to that Italian citizen, you're Italian.

It's not too difficult to show blood lineage for 3 generations; especially if you're parents are alive, then you get access to their 3 generations., and you're really tapping into 4.

I know this because my brother, who's never even set a foot in Europe, got his Italian citizenship through his Argentinian-born wife who got her Italian citizenship from her father, who got it from his Italian born father. So my niece has 4 passports. Pretty cool, huh? There are several countries who do this. Ireland is one of them.

Here's another fun fact. Citizens of Ibero-American countries may apply for Spanish citizenship after two years of residence in Spain. After all the gold they took from South America, it's the least the Spaniards could do.
                Wow, lots of fun facts there, thanks as always. Four passports? three more and she will have one for each day of the week nice.
                Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                03/30/2018 - PD
                04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• To day I receive my i797c notice for interview schedule for June 25.
                  I'm so greatful! Now to put my documents together. Prayers are welcome.
                  USCIS - Chicago dropbox
                  Filing from South Carolina
                  Documents Sent (USPS)- 3/14/18
                  Received by USCIS - 3/20/18
                  Priority Date - 03/20/18
                  Received 4 NOAs text/email 12:47 - 04/02/18
                  Received 4 NOAs in mail - 04/05/2018
                  Biometrics Notice - 04/12/2018 for 04/27/2018
                  Biometrics complete- 04/27/2018
                  Case is ready to be schedule for interview- 05/16/2018
                  Interview was scheduled- 5/21/2018
                  Interview done 6/25/2018
                  New card is being produced 6/25/2018
                  I130 and I485 approved 6/26/2018

Comment

• Any March filers for AoS from B1/B2 visa?
                    Does the EAD still comes within 90 days?
                    I filed on March 2nd and I still get the case was received on the uscis website when I look up my receipt number.

Any information is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by mynameis View Post
                      Here is my timeline:
                      field office is in Baltimore

03/15/2018 - Priority date.
                      03/27/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 12:19pm; 12:20am; 12:21am; 12:22am.
                      03/30/2018 - Four I-797 Notice of Action letters received by mail.
                      04/02/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice for 04/16/17.
                      04/11/2018 - Biometrics Walk-in

04/18/2018 - received an email "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                      Case active for 67 days still waiting for an interview schedule
                      Did your I-765 status get changed at any time? My notices come from the National Benefits Center but I filed from Maryland as well. I wonder if our timeline should be similar. I'm new here.
                      Marriage-based; previously was on F-1 OPT; self-filer from Maryland
                      03/22/2018 - I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrent filing;
                      04/06/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice;
                      04/19/2018 - Request for Initial Evidence (for I-130A);
                      04/24/2018 - Mailed I-130A and additional documents;
                      04/28/2018 - Biometrics Appointment;
                      05/09/2018 - The interview is ready to be scheduled;
                      06/11/2018 - EAD is being produced.
                      11/13/2018 - Interview at the Baltimore field office

Comment

• Originally posted by mynameis View Post
                        Here is my timeline:
                        field office is in Baltimore

03/15/2018 - Priority date.
                        03/27/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 12:19pm; 12:20am; 12:21am; 12:22am.
                        03/30/2018 - Four I-797 Notice of Action letters received by mail.
                        04/02/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice for 04/16/17.
                        04/11/2018 - Biometrics Walk-in

04/18/2018 - received an email "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                        Case active for 67 days still waiting for an interview schedule
                        Did you ever get an updates on your I-765? I filed from Maryland too but my receipts are all from the National Benefits Center. I wonder if mine is also processed by the Baltimore field office. I'm new here.
                        Marriage-based; previously was on F-1 OPT; self-filer from Maryland
                        03/22/2018 - I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrent filing;
                        04/06/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice;
                        04/19/2018 - Request for Initial Evidence (for I-130A);
                        04/24/2018 - Mailed I-130A and additional documents;
                        04/28/2018 - Biometrics Appointment;
                        05/09/2018 - The interview is ready to be scheduled;
                        06/11/2018 - EAD is being produced.
                        11/13/2018 - Interview at the Baltimore field office

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirkland View Post
                          My PD is 03/02/18
                          Bio done 04/04/18
                          Since then I have heard nothing. I think Maryland field office is slow
                          It is. They have like more than 12,000 pending cases. But there's one January filer from MD who got his interview around April. Now, I don't want to stress myself on waiting. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
                          Baltimore Field Office
                          Marriage based AOS
                          03/15/18 - I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 accepted (PD)
                          04/11/18 - Biometrics Completed
                          04/18/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                          08/03/18 - EAD Combo card has been mailed
                          08/07/18 - Card in hand
                          08/08/18 - SSN eta by the end of the day

Comment

• Originally posted by Oussama Omar Belaggoun View Post
                            Any March filers for AoS from B1/B2 visa?
                            Does the EAD still comes within 90 days?
                            I filed on March 2nd and I still get the case was received on the uscis website when I look up my receipt number.

Any information is appreciated.
                            Hi, I'm applying from an unexpired B2 visa.
                            There should be no difference in the processing timeline, just bear in mind that, unfortunately, EADs are now taking up to 5 months according to the USCIS website.
                            My case also shows up as received (priority date 3/12)
                            I sent a request to expedite my travel document and just received an email asking me to fax them any evidence. You may do that with your EAD if you have a job offer or any other legitimate reason

Good luck!
                            Marriage-based AOS to USC - Concurrent filing for I-485/I-130/I-765
                            3-12-18 - Priority date
                            4-09-18 - Biometrics done
                            5-09-18 - Priority date for I-131
                            5-23-18 - Requested expedite for I-131
                            6-18-18 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                            7-16-18 - Reached out to Congressman
                            7-18-18 - Case assigned to an adjudicating officer (update from congressional staff)
                            7-18-18 - EAD approved

Comment

• Got my interview notice

Originally posted by whatthehayl View Post
                              Hi all,

I just want to share my timeline and to thank everyone in this forum for your help. All the posts I've read were very helpful to us.
                              Field Office: Chicago

03/27/18 - PD
                              04/08/18 - Received NoAs via email/text
                              04/11/18 - Received Noa via mail
                              04/16/18 - PD for I-131
                              04/19/18 - Received NOA for I-131
                              04/20/18 - Biometrics letter recieved
                              04/23/18 - NOA for I-131 in the mail
                              05/01/18 - Biometrics done
                              05/02/18 - EAD status changed to "We reviewed your biometrics and still processing"
                              05/07/18 - Request expedite EAD; I-485's status changed to "Ready to be scheduled"
                              05/08/18 - Faxed in employer's letter to expedite EAD
                              05/17/18 - I-485's status changed to "Interview scheduled" - now waiting
                              05/24/18 - Received interview notice for June 21

I'm surprised at how fast the process has been and feel very lucky! Good luck to everyone who's waiting
                              Interview date is June 21 at Chicago field office.

Comment

• Originally posted by MzJ View Post
                                To day I receive my i797c notice for interview schedule for June 25.
                                I'm so greatful! Now to put my documents together. Prayers are welcome.
                                Congrats!! Praying for you to have a smooth interview!
                                03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                                03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                                04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                                04/11- cheques cashed
                                04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                                04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                                05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                                08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                                08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                                08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}