Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzya View Post
    All the best buddy

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of doing that in the next couple of days
    Jazzya,

your mailbox is full. You can find your senators here. https://www.senate.gov/general/conta...m.cfm?State=NJ

This link takes you to Senator Menendez help page. You have to fill out the Privacy release form that is specific to Immigration issues.

Booker's page is not customized like Menendez', I don't know if that's a bad sign or not. I would probably try Menendez first. See where that gets you.

Comment

• Originally posted by abe83 View Post
      Hello, I'm just wondering if my case is still in the normal processing time. If you check my timeline I received ?notice was returned...? raised and SR and nothing yet except they updated my case to ?Name was updated? any help please?
      abe83,

I see that Minneapolis is your field office. I would adjust my expectations if I were you. Minneapolis is slow. It's so slow that we decided to move to Raleigh, NC. Here is what the processing times show right now:

We made the decision to move based on the data published by USCIS. The 3rd screenshot has all the data since 2014. Move if you can. Honestly, it's pointless.
      I would be very surprised if the notice you are expecting is an interview notice. But hey, if it is, awesome. I would call and ask what the notice is; in case it's a RFE. That way you can start gathering whatever the RFE calls for.

All the best.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 06-11-2018, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluekinraf19 View Post
        Hi Guys I am a May filer. I am sorry if I am in this group writing about my experience. But since we are filing for the same year I would just like to know if when your case status online changes from "FINGERPRINT FEE RECEIVED" to "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW" how long did you guys wait until you got your interview notice?

I am from Sacramento btw. Hope we get our documents faster.

Goodluck everyone.

Raffa

May 3, 2018- Submitted Packet to chicago Lockbox
        May 4, 2018- PD date for i-765, i-131
        May 7, 2018- Received according to USCIS signed by R Mercado
        May 9, 2018- PD Received by the National Benefits Center i-485
        May 18, 2018- Notice date for Biometrics
        June 4, 2018- Biometrics done
        June 7, 2018- Case changed online from ?Fingerprint Fee received? to ?case Ready to be scheduled for an interview?
        Getting your interview notice depends upon your Field Office. All or most cases move relatively at the same speed up until the "case is ready to be scheduled for interview stage" because the NBC handles everything until that point. Some people get their interview notice 3 days or even 1 day after the status change. Others wait a year, 1.5 years.
        Los Angeles, CA & San Jose, CA have been granting interviews rather fast. It seems like it's by mistake or random. I am not so sure about Sacramento. You'd have to do a search.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          Jazzya,

your mailbox is full. You can find your senators here. https://www.senate.gov/general/conta...m.cfm?State=NJ

This link takes you to Senator Menendez help page. You have to fill out the Privacy release form that is specific to Immigration issues.

Booker's page is not customized like Menendez', I don't know if that's a bad sign or not. I would probably try Menendez first. See where that gets you.

Got it,

Sorry about the mailbox, never had a problem with inbox full, lol, just got rid of the stuff

Comment

• I140 regular processing

Hello! I have a question. My i485/i140 was concurrently filed on 2nd mach 2018. I140 was under normal processing. On april 13th, my online i485 status showed that ?finger print review has been complete and now working on your form i485?. So it has been around 2 months and my case hasn?t moved. Is it because my i140 is still pending or my i485 is still under normal processing times. What are the next steps? Please advise
            Thanks

Comment

abe83,

I see that Minneapolis is your field office. I would adjust my expectations if I were you. Minneapolis is slow. It's so slow that we decided to move to Raleigh, NC. Here is what the processing times show right now:

We made the decision to move based on the data published by USCIS. The 3rd screenshot has all the data since 2014. Move if you can. Honestly, it's pointless.
              I would be very surprised if the notice you are expecting is an interview notice. But hey, if it is, awesome. I would call and ask what the notice is; in case it's a RFE. That way you can start gathering whatever the RFE calls for.

All the best.
              Where did you find the information for the 3rd attachment at?
              3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
              4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
              4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
              4/27/18 - biometrics complete
              7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
              8/10/18 - EAD in Production
              8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
              8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Shae View Post
                Where did you find the information for the 3rd attachment at?
                USCIS.gov -> Tools -> Research Tools - Immigration and Citizenship data -> Family based -> Adjustment of Status (Form I-485 Application)

Comment

USCIS.gov -> Tools -> Research Tools - Immigration and Citizenship data -> Family based -> Adjustment of Status (Form I-485 Application)
                  Thank you.....I just checked, we have no hope....i'm in NY :faint:
                  3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                  4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                  4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                  4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                  7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                  8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                  8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                  8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

And that's why I moved and switched my jurisdiction from the Minneapolis, MN field office to Raleigh, NC.
                    It's key to not have any RFEs. Your case gets set aside when you get one. People make a lot of mistakes when filing. That holds everyone up.

Comment

abe83,

All the best.

Oh, that is extremely slow man.

I can see a 10 year green card coming if every document is in place and your marriage is bonafide. I know while it is a good idea to move to a faster processing state, I just want to bring to the notice of abe83 that not moving can also be be faster if he can get 10 year green card + the bonus of not having to attend another interview (especially considering the pressure of attending an interview) after second anniversary as a conditional resident. It is little risky as you have to make sure you have your first interview after your second marriage anniversary (otherwise you are waiting much longer). Doing the math you could easily get the green card faster than other fast processing state.
                      UScitizenFilingforspouse can correct me on that, but I feel before everyone start packing their bags, it is worth considering, keeping into account individual goals and to see which way can be faster.
                      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                      03/30/2018 - PD
                      04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                      04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                      05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                      05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                      09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Finally, EAD in production

Hi everyone. Just want to share that I received a notification via text message today that "new card is being produced" for my I-765. This is the most important thing I've been waiting for because it has been a real suffering that I had to stop working. My timeline is in my signature block. My previous EAD from my OPT expired on May 6, 2018, since which time my employer put me on administrative leave without pay. I called the USCIS contact center on May 29 (about 68 days) to request for expedition on my I-765 on the basis of severe personal financial loss, because my income accounted for 57% of my household income. I was just getting worried this morning when I found out that USCIS had extended their processing time for I-765, but then I got the good news. Sending everyone here good vibes.
                        Last edited by triviahunter; 06-11-2018, 04:11 PM.
                        Marriage-based; previously was on F-1 OPT; self-filer from Maryland
                        03/22/2018 - I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrent filing;
                        04/06/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice;
                        04/19/2018 - Request for Initial Evidence (for I-130A);
                        04/24/2018 - Mailed I-130A and additional documents;
                        04/28/2018 - Biometrics Appointment;
                        05/09/2018 - The interview is ready to be scheduled;
                        06/11/2018 - EAD is being produced.
                        11/13/2018 - Interview at the Baltimore field office

Comment

• Originally posted by triviahunter View Post
                          Hi everyone. Just want to share that I received a notification via text message today that "new card is being produced" for my I-765. This is the most important thing I've been waiting for because it has been a real suffering that I had to stop working. My timeline is in my signature line. I previously held an EAD from my OPT which expired on May 6, 2018, and my employer put me on administrative leave without pay since then. I called the USCIS contact center on May 29 (about 68 days) to request for expedition on my I-765 on the basis of severe personal financial loss, because my income accounts for 57% of my household income. I was just getting worried this morning when I found out that USCIS had extended their processing time for I-765, but then I got the good news. Sending everyone here good vibes.
                          So did you actually submit the expedition for the EAD or you just called them and let them know on the phone?

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
                            Oh, that is extremely slow man.

I can see a 10 year green card coming if every document is in place and your marriage is bonafide. I know while it is a good idea to move to a faster processing state, I just want to bring to the notice of abe83 that not moving can also be be faster if he can get 10 year green card + the bonus of not having to attend another interview (especially considering the pressure of attending an interview) after second anniversary as a conditional resident. It is little risky as you have to make sure you have your first interview after your second marriage anniversary (otherwise you are waiting much longer). Doing the math you could easily get the green card faster than other fast processing state.
                            UScitizenFilingforspouse can correct me on that, but I feel before everyone start packing their bags, it is worth considering, keeping into account individual goals and to see which way can be faster.
                            You do make an excellent point. There is no correct answer, really. Waiting for 2 years to have your interview may make sense to those who are not out of status. Then again, that makes you a non-US citizen who is adjusting status. It does not grant you any status. You won't have status until you adjust status.
                            Now what ends up happening a lot at the Minneapolis office is that the interview becomes this huge production. The interview is really supposed to be a meet & greet. You just got to the US, you have some documentation and then get 2 years to build your life together and of course, gather more evidence of bona fide marriage.
                            However, since people end up getting to the interview around the 2 year mark, the Minneapolis Field Office separates every or at least MOST couples; especially if you are in for the 10 year card. It's their last chance to catch someone who should not be admitted and granted LPR status. The 10 year card is almost guaranteed if everything is in order. It's happened that people show up without documentation and end up having rough ride. Case is held for review, then you may see a Notice of Intent to deny.

To me, it's not worth it to have my spouse sitting around for 2 years to adjust status - definitely not in this political climate. It does not feel right. If he were to go back to Malaysia with his engineering degree from a Big 10 school, he would be in high demand. He gave up a lot to stay here. Here is a good example of that. The current Minister of Economic affairs is an alumnus of the University of Minnesota. https://en. ******** *.org/wiki/Mohamed_Azmin_Ali

But again, to others, waiting to get to the interview on or around the 2 year mark, might be a good choice. Thank you for bringing that up. It's good to present all sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
                              So did you actually submit the expedition for the EAD or you just called them and let them know on the phone?

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾
                              The lady on the phone submitted a request for me. Before I called, I tried to submit a service request online but the online system rejected me because my case was not outside the normal processing time. When I explained my situation to the lady, she was willing to help and explained to me the criteria for expediting an application. She created a request number for me and I received an email 3 days later asking for additional proof (which then I faxed over the letter from my employer to place me on administrative leave without pay). I then received a notice last Friday saying that my request to expedite my application was "completed." Now they updated my case to say "new card is being produced."
                              Marriage-based; previously was on F-1 OPT; self-filer from Maryland
                              03/22/2018 - I-130, I-485, and I-765 concurrent filing;
                              04/06/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice;
                              04/19/2018 - Request for Initial Evidence (for I-130A);
                              04/24/2018 - Mailed I-130A and additional documents;
                              04/28/2018 - Biometrics Appointment;
                              05/09/2018 - The interview is ready to be scheduled;
                              06/11/2018 - EAD is being produced.
                              11/13/2018 - Interview at the Baltimore field office

Comment

Hahahahah, I am in Newark, its almost the same. Keep the hope man, thats what keeps us going

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by triviahunter View Post
                                The lady on the phone submitted a request for me. Before I called, I tried to submit a service request online but the online system rejected me because my case was not outside the normal processing time. When I explained my situation to the lady, she was willing to help and explained to me the criteria for expediting an application. She created a request number for me and I received an email 3 days later asking for additional proof (which then I faxed over the letter from my employer to place me on administrative leave without pay). I then received a notice last Friday saying that my request to expedite my application was "completed." Now they updated my case to say "new card is being produced."
                                Nice, congratulations buddy,

I applied for expedited EAD around 22nd of May and I submitted all the documents via fax on the 23rd of May and still no updates from them. I am also getting a little worried. Should I be calling them again?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X