Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lhpaga View Post
    Hello Everyone!

My wife and I had her AOS marriage based interview yesterday. It was about an hour long and the interviews were separate. First my wife got called in and the IO told me to stay in the waiting room and then I was told to go in while she waited outside. Her interview lasted about 45 minutes and mine about 15. There were 2 IO's on the room, one conducted the interview while the other took notes from a chair in the corner.

At the end of my interview the IO told me that a decision couldn't be made at the time and that the interview was under review. She told me they had 90 days to review the case and that if any supporting documents were needed we would get a RFE through mail. I asked the IO if she thought we would need to provide more documentation to what she replied "At the moment, I don't think so". She printed out a letter that said the decision could not be made right now and gave it to me.

Right now the USCIS status has not been updated and still says "Interview was scheduled". We really don't understand what happened and don't know what to expect going forward.
    I hope they aprove you!!
    Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
    03/30/18: Package sent
    04/02/18: PD
    04/20/18: NoAs mail
    05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
    05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
    05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
    Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
    09/29/18: SR
    10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
    10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
    10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post
      Hi all!!
      Today I got my interview and I was approved on the spot! Thanks to all of you who mad this journey much more tolerable, I fell like I'm lucky because everything went pretty smooth and oddly fast. This forum helped me like nothing else. No websites, friend's suggestions etc have been helpful like this forum. Please, keep sharing info, experiences etc, there are a lot of other people who will benefit sooner of later. Special mention and thanks to UScitizenFilingforspouse and Sinoptola for their moral support and invaluable information!!

Let's move to the interview!!

Italian (myself) got married to American (petitioner). We are both males just so you know. It's not important, but I want to be sure that other gay couple who will apply feel safe and relaxed.

Set up for Tuesday 26 at 12.30 pm. We arrived at 12.20 and called at 12.32 pm. This lady came out of a door, called my name. She was extremely friendly, she smiled several times while taking us to a smaller office. I thought she was administrative assistance or something like this. She was not. She was my interviewer!!! We sat, she took a pic of me, my fingerprints and then she announced that our interview would be recorded. I was surprised and a bit shocked. But whatever. The she started looking at the application 485 and start asking (the order might not be perfect):
      -my name
      -date of birth
      -place of birth
      -my address and my previous address
      -where I work
      -name of my mum and dad
      -asked where they live
      -5 yes/no questions
      -when I got back in USA last time from abroad, supported by I-94

Then she moved to my husband and similarly she asked:
      -his name
      -date of birth
      -where he lives and his previous address
      -where he works

She then moved to more personal info:
      -she asked me how we met. We started a chat more than an interview, with funny details about our relationship;
      -she asked if I have family in Italy (I said yes) and she asked her how many times he has been there (2 in total plus another booking for September)
      -she asked if I know his family and what kind of relationship I have ( I was very honest by saying that all of his family loves me but some people are closer than other)
      -she asked if we have pets (I don't know why!) and we said 2 cats so we start talking about cats
      -she then asked me for supporting documents. I totally forgot about bank accounts etc and I started showing the pictures of out wedding and reception. Se said it was the best part of interview. She loved the pictures (roughly 100) and she asked to keep 1 (a picture of us smiling at the camera). Of every picture we were explaining what she was seeing so she didn't ask much. In one pic I was with one of my 2 cats and she asked his name and we replied together;
      -She asked if I wanted to share her anything else so I remember about the bank account etc and I started pulling out the bag the joint bank account statement, shared credit card statement, home insurance with both our names, health insurance with both our names. Some documents were already included in the application. At some point she told me she had enough documents.
      -She asked me if I have intention to put my husband in the deed of the house, I said not right now because he doesn't make enough money to pay the mortgage;
      -she asked if we have intention to have kids, we replied saying not really. I think this was a question with no right decision as long as we proved it was a topic we discussed;

She finally put everything in the folder and she said that that was a good sign for the application. She then said that my application was approved on the spot and started explaining what is a conditional green card and how to remove the conditional situation. I asked to put a I-551 stamp of my passport but she told me that was not necessary since I go abroad again at the end of august and I will have the green card way before that. Consider I have an H1B visa so I can work and travel already. In the meantime my husband got emotional and squeeze my little finger under the desk to the point I was in pain lol

She took us back to the main door and said goodbye.

What an experience!!!! Please let me know if you have questions, I'll be more than happy to reply to any of them!!
      Congratulations!!

Comment

• EXCELLENT! Congratulations!
        Two months from biometrics to interview is great. Hoping to have the same timeline for myself.
        GO GAMECOCKS!

Originally posted by MzJ View Post
        Hey guys,

I had my interview yesterday in Charleston SC.
        My appointment was at 8:00am, we arrived at 7:30am and went through security. The IO didn't call us until 8:30am and that was his mistake as he overlooked his list and apologized for kept us waiting.
        The officer was very young and polite.
        So the interview started with an oath along with fingerprints, my picture taken and to see our ID.
        His first question was who is the Clemson fan and my husband responded we both are.
        He asked my husband the following questions:
        What is your wife full name?
        What is her date of birth?
        What's is her parents name?
        He then asked me:
        What is my husbands full name and date of birth and his address and whom does he lives with.
        The rest of the questions were yes and no from the i485.
        IO asked If I have any documents I want to add to the file but he only took our savings, checking, credit card statements and electric bill and said he had enough documents in file.
        He didn't asked to see any of my original documents!
        He did not approved me on spot but he explained how to take the conditions off the greencard.
        I did asked him about EAD card but he told me it didn't matter anymore because greencard does all that.
        He walked us out and thank us for being patient. I felt sad because I wasn't approved on spot but I woke up this morning to new card is being produced.
        Thank you all for all your advices, input and corrections.
        Btw my interview lasted only 20 mins
        Marriage-based AOS from F-1

06-15-2018: Fed-Ex package delivered
        06-21-2018: 4 NOA texts and emails
        06-25-2018: 4 NOAs received in the mail
        06-28-2018: Biometrics Letter rec'd in the mail
        7-10-2018: I-693 courtesy letter received
        7-11-2018: Biometrics Appointment
        7-15-2018: "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
        7-19-2018: "Interview was scheduled" update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus
        8-23-2018: Interview Date
        8-24-2018: Status updated to 'Approved'

Comment

• Originally posted by paase View Post
          EXCELLENT! Congratulations!
          Two months from biometrics to interview is great. Hoping to have the same timeline for myself.
          GO GAMECOCKS!
          Thank you, and I wish you all the best.
          Go Tigers!🐯🐯🐯
          USCIS - Chicago dropbox
          Filing from South Carolina
          Documents Sent (USPS)- 3/14/18
          Received by USCIS - 3/20/18
          Priority Date - 03/20/18
          Received 4 NOAs text/email 12:47 - 04/02/18
          Received 4 NOAs in mail - 04/05/2018
          Biometrics Notice - 04/12/2018 for 04/27/2018
          Biometrics complete- 04/27/2018
          Case is ready to be schedule for interview- 05/16/2018
          Interview was scheduled- 5/21/2018
          Interview done 6/25/2018
          New card is being produced 6/25/2018
          I130 and I485 approved 6/26/2018

Comment

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I had her AOS marriage based interview yesterday. It was about an hour long and the interviews were separate. First my wife got called in and the IO told me to stay in the waiting room and then I was told to go in while she waited outside. Her interview lasted about 45 minutes and mine about 15. There were 2 IO's on the room, one conducted the interview while the other took notes from a chair in the corner.

At the end of my interview the IO told me that a decision couldn't be made at the time and that the interview was under review. She told me they had 90 days to review the case and that if any supporting documents were needed we would get a RFE through mail. I asked the IO if she thought we would need to provide more documentation to what she replied "At the moment, I don't think so". She printed out a letter that said the decision could not be made right now and gave it to me.

Right now the USCIS status has not been updated and still says "Interview was scheduled". We really don't understand what happened and don't know what to expect going forward.
            How long have you been married if you don't mind me asking?
            Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
            03/30/2018 - PD
            04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
            04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
            05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
            05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
            09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

Hello Everyone!

How did you two do at the interview? What questions did they ask you and what questions did they ask her. How soon did you file after the marriage?
              I hope you get approved.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

You didn't provide us with enough information to give you meaningful advice. It sounds like an ambush - two ISOs and you were separated. My first guess is that your initial filing raised several red flags. Did you submit ALL evidence of bona fide marriage when you filed for AOS as required by the I-130 instructions on page 3/12? See screenshot below. There could be may factors at play here. We'd need you to share more.

All the best,

USCFFS
                Attached Files

Comment

• I'd have to agree with USCFS. For them to take you for what sounds like a Stokes Interview suggests that USCIS has significant concerns about the evidence you sumbitted. I was curious, what documents did you submit with your I130?

Comment

• Originally posted by longee94 View Post
                    I'd have to agree with USCFS. For them to take you for what sounds like a Stokes Interview suggests that USCIS has significant concerns about the evidence you sumbitted. I was curious, what documents did you submit with your I130?
                    Our lawyer made us not submit any bonafide evidence with the concurrent filing. This scares me that we might be ambushed as well. I tend to panic and forget things when I?m under pressure. I guess my husband and will have to prepare harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plz View Post
                      Our lawyer made us not submit any bonafide evidence with the concurrent filing. This scares me that we might be ambushed as well. I tend to panic and forget things when I?m under pressure. I guess my husband and will have to prepare harder.
                      I didn't really front load much eaither. Put a few pictures max 5 of them, our lease both our names on it, joint account and also bills, we filled taxes together. My husband never ever remembers anything, as if he has no memory I know that I will be pulling my hair a lot in the interview or pinching him) I really hope this process will end soon with an easy, happy ending for all of us.
                      Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                      03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                      03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                      04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                      04/11- cheques cashed
                      04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                      04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                      05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                      08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                      08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                      08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

• Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
                        I didn't really front load much eaither. Put a few pictures max 5 of them, our lease both our names on it, joint account and also bills, we filled taxes together. My husband never ever remembers anything, as if he has no memory I know that I will be pulling my hair a lot in the interview or pinching him) I really hope this process will end soon with an easy, happy ending for all of us.
                        Well you did frontload enough. We didn?t front load anything other than civil documents. Our lawyer told us that it wasn?t a must but to just wait for the interview. I?m truly disappointed in him. He is a really skilled lawyer and his office is right next to the USCIS field office. He told us he has had no issues with customers that didn?t frontload so I trusted him.

Comment

• "We are producing your card and will mail it to you"

Hi!
                          Today I got this update "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" with regards to my EAD card.
                          Does anyone know what is the timeline between this message and actually receiving it?

I also got this for i-131 "We dismissed your appeal. This means your case remains denied."

Any comments are appreciated :-)!

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
                            Hi!
                            Today I got this update "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" with regards to my EAD card.
                            Does anyone know what is the timeline between this message and actually receiving it?

I also got this for i-131 "We dismissed your appeal. This means your case remains denied."

Any comments are appreciated :-)!

Thanks!
                            About a week I think. Why is your I-131 denied?

Comment

• Hi all! Sorry for the long post!

Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
                              How long have you been married if you don't mind me asking?
                              We've been married for 8 months now.

Originally posted by Plz View Post
                              How did you two do at the interview? What questions did they ask you and what questions did they ask her. How soon did you file after the marriage?
                              I hope you get approved.
                              From our conversations we did fine (I was not in the room with my wife while she was being interviewed), but all the people that got called for interview where advised to enter separately.

Question Included:
                              1.Whats your full Name?
                              2. Where do you live? When answered the city the officer asked my address.
                              3. Where did you guys meet? (College) - What class where you taking together? - What is your major? What is your wife's major?
                              4. Do you have joint assests?
                              5. How much do you make a year, how much does your wife makes?
                              6. What brand and model car you and your wife drive?
                              7. What is the monthly payment amount for each of those cars?
                              8. Do you have pets?
                              9. What is the name of the pet, where did you get it?
                              10. She used 2 of the pictures from our wedding. On one, she asked who was the 3rd person on the picture (my mom). On the other she asked who appeared in the picture.(It was our dog).
                              11. Where was your wedding reception?
                              12. I know that when the officer asked my wife about what kind of car I drove my wife answered a toyota and the officer asked her why she was saying toyota if the paperwork said Lexus. (Toyota financial services also provides the loans for lexus, so both names are in the letter.)
                              13. How much do you pay for rent?

And I believe that was it.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              You didn't provide us with enough information to give you meaningful advice. It sounds like an ambush - two ISOs and you were separated. My first guess is that your initial filing raised several red flags. Did you submit ALL evidence of bona fide marriage when you filed for AOS as required by the I-130 instructions on page 3/12? See screenshot below. There could be may factors at play here. We'd need you to share more.

All the best,

USCFFS
                              Yes, we used the service of an attorney for the filling. And we submitted a bunch of paperwork + pictures.

To mention a few:
                              1. Marriage Certificate
                              2. Joint Bank Account Statement
                              3. Certificate of my wife being my life insurance beneficiary
                              4. Last years (2017) tax returns.
                              5. Bunch of photos going back to 2011, including landmarks, trips to different countries with and w/o family members, events we attended together, and the wedding pictures.
                              6. Mobile Phone Bills Including both of our numbers going back to 2011.
                              7. Car insurance letter of coverage for both our cars.
                              8. Contracts to both our cars (the loans are under both our names).

I brought with me the copy of the contract I had with the venue for our wedding reception.

Originally posted by longee94 View Post
                              I'd have to agree with USCFS. For them to take you for what sounds like a Stokes Interview suggests that USCIS has significant concerns about the evidence you sumbitted. I was curious, what documents did you submit with your I130?
                              Please reference above! - Hopefully they got sufficient evidence. The only thing we did not submit with the filing was the I-693 which we brought with us to the interview. She did not even open the sealed envelope.

The status still hasn't changed today (Still reads Interview was scheduled). I visited my attorney's office to give him copy of the letter they provided me and he told me that it is normal for them not to give an answer right away. I am not that sure about that after reading all the successes here on the forum but it sure provides a little of piece of mind.

Thanks all for the wishes!
                              Last edited by lhpaga; 06-28-2018, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• it seems it is a mistake...

Originally posted by Plz View Post
                                About a week I think. Why is your I-131 denied?
                                Oddly..I justgot two email alerts saying that both cases, i131 and i765, were approved..Maybe it was a system glitch...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X